Defeat PM over 'vindictive, nasty' budget, N.L. premier tells Liberals

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Risus/Justfred/Tenpenny:
Thankfully the people of Newfoundland and Labrador stand solidly behind their premier. There are a few dissenting voices like yours but they bleat weakly in the wind like lost sheep on a stormy night. Williams is showing you how to grow a pair of nads and stand up for your rights. Perhaps a little less negativity and more support from your camp and we might be able to push this movement forward into an all out in-your-face message to the feds that the people are not going to take their slippery, slimey BS anymore.

I guess thats why newfies are the butt of jokes in Canada.....

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I guess thats why newfies are the butt of jokes in Canada.....
HUH? Man, when do you ever make sense? Continue living in your drug induced state and swallowing the crap fed to you by your buddies. We'll let you know when it's safe to come out.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
..........While I agree with many of your points above.... Layton and the NDP seem to be the only party who sees this crap going on and won't be a part of the same crap over and over again.

Geez, I'm airing objection, you just aired your list of objections..... he's not allowed to? I thought that was his job as "Opposition."

But Layton said it perfectly..... there is a new Coalition and it's between the Conservatives and their b*tch, the Liberals. Which is true, since in every minority government, parties need to form Coalitions in order for the government to survive.
It's great to object, but when you start out being a bag of hotair, your objections are nebulous. Being the Opposition isn't the only reason Laymton objects.He's as bad as Martin was. "If I look indignant enough and object loud enough, then I can be on tv". Besides, being Opposition isn't necessarily about oppposing. And he was certainly willing to prostitute himself and the Dipper party when APAULING Martin was desperately clinging to power and wanted his help enough to bribe him. And he was certainly wiling to attach himself to a coalition with Iggy. Yeah, he's a freakin saint alright. Can the a$$hole and bring back a decent guy like Broadbent if you want a decent leader for the Dippers.

Unfortunatly the Liberals are more willing to side with the party that has actually proved itself to be a failure and incompetent as leaders, and we're now back into the same old BS for another few years it would seem.
It's either Con BS or Glib BS. That's all there has been, basically, since 1867. That's all it will ever be.

The Government is more like Wrestling..... they try to put on a really big show, with a lot of really big talk and while there is a small amount of realism to their job, it's mostly fake and just an act for the mindless viewers who believe Hulk Harper and Macho Man Mikey Iggy really hate each other.
Don't you mean the political parties in general? It fits better, especially with Jimmy Hart Laymton making noise in the background with his megaphone mouth to get you fans all fired up.

Like I said, I still bet Harper and the Gov General just wasted time by playing PS3 for a couple of hours to make it seem like they were talking serious.
Add Iggy and Laymton to the little tea party, too.

Yes. You referenced Danny as being a Crybaby after just pointing out his native traits in his face, then went on about how much of a woman he must be and also referenced women as being weak who cry a lot, which to me sounds pretty racist and sexist at the same time.

Smooth move ex-lax.

Women have to be Husky Bikers in order to do a world of hurt on you?

Once again, sexist.... good job, keep it up.
Idiots shoot themselves in their feet frequently.

From your link:

$8.3 billion for the Canadian Skills and Transition Strategy. This includes extra support for people who have lost their jobs, including enhancements to Employment Insurance and more funding for skills and training development to help Canadians get better jobs.

Isn't this what the Employment Insurance fund is for? Isn't there supposed to be something like $50 billion in the fund?What? You spent it? Like, without telling us? Jeez, that doesn't seem right. Now we have to fork over another $8.3 billion in borrowed money to make up for the fact you guys in Ottawa blew all those deductions you've been taking from our paycheques. What? You're going to freeze the deductions for two years? Well, that's OK then.

^ Seems a lot of people forgot this little tid bit..... oh yeah, I remember now.... EI didn't need any of that money, nice.... now that 50 billion is gone, here.... we'll chuck you 8.3 billion of your own money and extend the time you can be on EI, making it get sucked away even faster.

Brilliant!
Nifty bit of work wasn't it?
It doesn't matter what sort of person someone is before they move to Ottawa, after the move they are pretty much all scum.

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Education time for the mis-informed:

The term Newfie and the associated Newfie jokes arise from people who somehow consider themselves superior or privileged and who invent a group they can look down upon.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
It's great to object, but when you start out being a bag of hotair, your objections are nebulous. Being the Opposition isn't the only reason Laymton objects.He's as bad as Martin was. "If I look indignant enough and object loud enough, then I can be on tv". Besides, being Opposition isn't necessarily about oppposing. And he was certainly willing to prostitute himself and the Dipper party when APAULING Martin was desperately clinging to power and wanted his help enough to bribe him. And he was certainly wiling to attach himself to a coalition with Iggy. Yeah, he's a freakin saint alright. Can the a$$hole and bring back a decent guy like Broadbent if you want a decent leader for the Dippers.

Perhaps Layton should be canned.... then again so should Harper. The NDP do have some interesting views and goals, although some of them I also oppose.... and sure Layton can come off as a loud mouth from time to time, but everything I've heard him say so far has been pretty much truthful and to the point based on the situation, which much of it I agree with.... when someone keeps complaining that much about so many things.... maybe there is really something wrong.

We've given these two parties so many chances since the country began, and for some strange reason, no matter how much either party screws us over, everybody keeps voting them back into power.......

..... why?

Because the other options suck and would only do worse?

How do any of us know that if they never have a chance to try and we keep letting in the same jokers who keep pulling the same stunts into power?

How can two parties keep getting so many chances at being in power after so many times of screwing us over, yet nobody else will give any other party a chance to do better?

I simply just don't get it.

And if I was Layton or any other political leader of any other party within the government, and I had to continually put up with this sham of LiberalConservativeLiberalConservativeLiberalConservative revolving door tactics they play with one another.... I'd be pretty pissed too..... not because I didn't get into power, but because it's just going to be more of the same for Canadians.

It's either Con BS or Glib BS. That's all there has been, basically, since 1867. That's all it will ever be.

That's all it will ever be if that's the way everybody in this country wants to keep thinking..... just as those two parties want everybody to think...... "Oh, don't vote for them, that'd just be throwing away your vote." ~ No vote is a throw away unless we stick to the above mentality over and over again..... if we do then yes... it is a throw away vote.

Don't you mean the political parties in general? It fits better, especially with Jimmy Hart Laymton making noise in the background with his megaphone mouth to get you fans all fired up.

Same thing, I just ran out of old WWF names while typing.

But perhaps people should be listening to the loud mouth in the background for once..... everybody get's something right from time to time.

Add Iggy and Laymton to the little tea party, too.

At this point, it wouldn't suprise me. Why didn't Dion do more then just send off some damn letter to the Gov. General, and actually attempt to have a meeting to voice their side of the argument like Harper did? Is Harper the only one allowed to talk to her? If that's the case then that seems greatly unbalanced. If she's supposed to uphold our democracy, then how can she plan to do that by only directly listening to one party and not allowing an audience with the other parties of our democracy?

If Dion could have had a meeting with her.... once again.... why didn't he? Another Liberal screw up.

Idiots shoot themselves in their feet frequently.

That's why most firearms are restricted in Canada, cuz we're full of them :p

Nifty bit of work wasn't it?
It doesn't matter what sort of person someone is before they move to Ottawa, after the move they are pretty much all scum.

It seems that way... then again our premiere seems to be doing a pretty good job being scum without having to venture further to Ottawa..... as it goes for Peter McKay..... he's even worse.

pegger

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2008
Cambridge, Ontario
Danny Williams is doing what a Premier should - stick up for his province. I wish McGuinty had a quarter of this guys intelligence, and guts.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Perhaps Layton should be canned.... then again so should Harper. The NDP do have some interesting views and goals, although some of them I also oppose.... and sure Layton can come off as a loud mouth from time to time, but everything I've heard him say so far has been pretty much truthful and to the point based on the situation, which much of it I agree with.... when someone keeps complaining that much about so many things.... maybe there is really something wrong.

We've given these two parties so many chances since the country began, and for some strange reason, no matter how much either party screws us over, everybody keeps voting them back into power.......

..... why?

Because the other options suck and would only do worse?

How do any of us know that if they never have a chance to try and we keep letting in the same jokers who keep pulling the same stunts into power?

How can two parties keep getting so many chances at being in power after so many times of screwing us over, yet nobody else will give any other party a chance to do better?

I simply just don't get it.

And if I was Layton or any other political leader of any other party within the government, and I had to continually put up with this sham of LiberalConservativeLiberalConservativeLiberalConservative revolving door tactics they play with one another.... I'd be pretty pissed too..... not because I didn't get into power, but because it's just going to be more of the same for Canadians.

That's all it will ever be if that's the way everybody in this country wants to keep thinking..... just as those two parties want everybody to think...... "Oh, don't vote for them, that'd just be throwing away your vote." ~ No vote is a throw away unless we stick to the above mentality over and over again..... if we do then yes... it is a throw away vote.

Same thing, I just ran out of old WWF names while typing.

But perhaps people should be listening to the loud mouth in the background for once..... everybody get's something right from time to time.

At this point, it wouldn't suprise me. Why didn't Dion do more then just send off some damn letter to the Gov. General, and actually attempt to have a meeting to voice their side of the argument like Harper did? Is Harper the only one allowed to talk to her? If that's the case then that seems greatly unbalanced. If she's supposed to uphold our democracy, then how can she plan to do that by only directly listening to one party and not allowing an audience with the other parties of our democracy?

If Dion could have had a meeting with her.... once again.... why didn't he? Another Liberal screw up.

That's why most firearms are restricted in Canada, cuz we're full of them :p

It seems that way... then again our premiere seems to be doing a pretty good job being scum without having to venture further to Ottawa..... as it goes for Peter McKay..... he's even worse.
I'd be happier with a different voting system than this idiotic FPTP crap. Then perhaps we might be able to come up with a decent gov't. Till then, Ottawa will still be full of pompous jerks with their craniums up their rectums regardless of the political stripe.
Besides, actions speak louder than words and after watching Laymton accept Martin's bribe, I wouldn't trust his word for a wad of tobacco spit.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008

The term Newfie and the associated Newfie jokes arise from people who somehow consider themselves superior or privileged and who invent a group they can look down upon.
I suppose there could have been a time when that was true. It isn't you know - true I mean. I have lived in BC my whole life and I've heard the so called goofy newfie jokes over and over. It's just easy to pick on a province that is a long ways away. Some of the nicest people I know come from the maritime provinces and I know so many people who's greatest desire or plan is to visit the maritimes because they too find people from there to be just great. I don't know a single person who considers themselves superior in any way from maritime people. We're all Canadians are we not?

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I'd be happier with a different voting system than this idiotic FPTP crap. Then perhaps we might be able to come up with a decent gov't. Till then, Ottawa will still be full of pompous jerks with their craniums up their rectums regardless of the political stripe.
Besides, actions speak louder than words and after watching Laymton accept Martin's bribe, I wouldn't trust his word for a wad of tobacco spit.
Well les - as a start, how do you feel about the "Single Transferable Vote" we in BC will be voting on in our next provincial election? This is going to a referendum for a second time. It almost passed last time but not enough people understood what it meant. Last time around 58% voted in favour of the STV but it requires 60% to pass. I hope everyone will attempt to see what it's about before voting this time. It could prove to be a valuable system and if it works provincially, maybe it can then move onto federally. We were enumerators at the last election and I was really surprized at how many voters had never even heard of it. They could have gone to someone before they voted (they had a person there, ready to explain it) but people are always in a hurry to vote and leave. Lucky to get voters there at all I guess.

Last edited:

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I suppose there could have been a time when that was true. It isn't you know - true I mean. I have lived in BC my whole life and I've heard the so called goofy newfie jokes over and over. It's just easy to pick on a province that is a long ways away. Some of the nicest people I know come from the maritime provinces and I know so many people who's greatest desire or plan is to visit the maritimes because they too find people from there to be just great. I don't know a single person who considers themselves superior in any way from maritime people. We're all Canadians are we not?
Thanks for the support....fellow Canadian.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

That is the biggest crock being peddled since the last time I ran into a guy selling snake oil. I love Irishmen, I love Irish jokes, I also love Canadian jokes. Jokes are jokes and nothing more than that, If you can laugh at yourself, you can laugh at anything without guilt. Years ago I was telling jokes at a party and all of a sudden a woman asks me "what's black and blue and lies in the gutter" "What" I asked, "You, you S.O.B. if you tell any more Ukrainian jokes". I didn't think to ask her if she was just joking.

mt_pockets1000

Council Member
Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
That is the biggest crock being peddled since the last time I ran into a guy selling snake oil. I love Irishmen, I love Irish jokes, I also love Canadian jokes. Jokes are jokes and nothing more than that, If you can laugh at yourself, you can laugh at anything without guilt. Years ago I was telling jokes at a party and all of a sudden a woman asks me "what's black and blue and lies in the gutter" "What" I asked, "You, you S.O.B. if you tell any more Ukrainian jokes". I didn't think to ask her if she was just joking.
Yes, JLM. I know your kind. The Ukrainian lady should have carried out her threat. I would have done it.