D.Cheney undergoes Heart Transplant.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
If Obama was an unmitigated disaster, then Bush was an unmitigated catastrophe.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I thought with Cheney it would be called an implant, not a transplant... (yeah I know some of you were already going there but I still had to try)

Not trying to be facetious or nasty, but I'm actually surprised at his age they would do a transplant: I thought there were age limitations on this type of surgery (born of the mindset of using the organs on younger patients who a) might recover easier and b) might live longer when everything is said and done).

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I thought with Cheney it would be called an implant, not a transplant... (yeah I know some of you were already going there but I still had to try)

It was a good one.

Not trying to be facetious or nasty, but I'm actually surprised at his age they would do a transplant: I thought there were age limitations on this type of surgery (born of the mindset of using the organs on younger patients who a) might recover easier and b) might live longer when everything is said and done).

If money and power can't buy you a heart, what can it buy you.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
In post #14 I commented on the criteria (years ago) for getting a heart. At that time people past their 30s stood very little chance of getting one. What has happened to change that criteria?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

In the US it is all about the money, of which slick dick has lots.

It would have been funnier if he was getting a Dick transplant.

A dick for a Dickhead?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I was hesitant to suggest that as it means another profession has gone for a sh*t, and you can't blame Dick, he's just doing what he can to stay alive.
I would too if I had sold my soul to the devil. Look at Dick run!