Customer Service Sometimes Sucks!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Your point is well taken. That's why I like the "open kitchen" concept. :lol::lol::lol:

Which reminds me, if you are going to eat in these fast food joints, I would highly recommend people patronize Subway for that very reason. The sandwich is made right in front of you to your specifications, besides sanitary issues you can also control what crap and how much goes into the sandwich.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I still remember the woman who taught me all I needed to know about the importance of excellent customer service. It was shortly after I had been accepted for my very first job as a waitress and Edith was our floor supervisor. She told me that when I walked through the door to begin my shift, that all my troubles should remain on the other side of that door. She talked about various types of customers and told me to remember that if someone was being difficult or demanding, surly or grumpy, that they may just be facing a bad time in their life. It was my job, she said, to make their time with us as pleasant as possible. Her motto was,'the customer always come first.'

I took Edith at her word and applied everything she taught me. Not only did I become, modesty aside here, an outstanding waitress but I was promoted several times over the years to positions where I was able to instruct other young aspirants to the trade on the very priciples that Edith instilled in me. As an added bonus, I found that by leaving my troubles behind me for the duration of my shift, I was able to approach them in calmer and more positive manner.

It was not the amount I was paid to serve people that mattered as I usually made my wage in tips. I was not a 'better' waitress because I received a wage increase, I was simply a great waitress every time I walked on the floor.

Maybe it is time to put the 'customer' back in 'customer service.'

But then, that is just my opinion. :smile:

Exactly, you are there for 8 hours, you can use it to better yourself or you can use it to bitch and make other people miserable.