Critique My Philosophy of Life?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
OK i NEED A READ
Ah, the only brave soul among us. Actually, I did open it and, yes, it is what the author says it is. I started to read, but it ain't anything I did not hear before. I would just advise the author to keep an open mind as these sorts of things evolve with experience. Writing stuff down tends to fix the subject matter in time. I wrote an entire book on a philosophy 25 years ago and find it to be rather underdeveloped compared to what I have learned since.

Philosofer123

Mar 16, 2014
Ah, the only brave soul among us. Actually, I did open it and, yes, it is what the author says it is. I started to read, but it ain't anything I did not hear before. I would just advise the author to keep an open mind as these sorts of things evolve with experience. Writing stuff down tends to fix the subject matter in time. I wrote an entire book on a philosophy 25 years ago and find it to be rather underdeveloped compared to what I have learned since.
Thanks for taking a look.

How would you respond to the arguments presented in the document that support any positions with which you disagree?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Looks fine to me. I'd like to read it all but no want to sign up to download. Like to print material so I can get comfy and read till I sleep.

From the brief glance I can tell you're wrong and need a good arguing. The earliest schools maintain that we are the dead and this earth is the underworld and that our purpose in life is to remember and return to the lake of fire after enduring the trials and tribulations on the cross of flesh, we are not the meat and bone but the mind/soul and this existence on earth is the finishing school for souls. The body is the souls tomb or mummy case.

I book marked the page, I'll sign up and download tomorrow. It'll be fun to discuss it with you. We are not savages here. honest

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Thanks for taking a look.

How would you respond to the arguments presented in the document that support any positions with which you disagree?
I did glance through the part on atheism. It is pretty standard fare. My personal experiences tell me that we are far more than just "meat bags", as the Beav like to say, and that there is far more to reality than just the 3rd dimensional physical world. To justify that understanding though, I would have to counter with my entire book, and then perhaps we could have a starting point to debate on. I will try to get farther into your tome and get back to you later.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I did glance through the part on atheism. It is pretty standard fare. My personal experiences tell me that we are far more than just "meat bags", as the Beav like to say, and that there is far more to reality than just the 3rd dimensional physical world. To justify that understanding though, I would have to counter with my entire book, and then perhaps we could have a starting point to debate on. I will try to get farther into your tome and get back to you later.

We are far more than our vehicles, the we is not the meat, the we is the mind and you can be we without a body but you can't without a mind. So there.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Don't seem to trouble you none.

Sorry, it was too easy.

If there's an error please be specific when you point it out, and please allow some latitude for poetic license.

we can be we is better than you can be we, but

Don't seem to trouble you none.

Sorry, it was too easy.

That took too long, proving your point, no it dosn't hurt much.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
We are far more than our vehicles, the we is not the meat, the we is the mind and you can be we without a body but you can't without a mind. So there.
A problem with semantics arises with the use of the word mind. Most people, including the OP, think the mind resides in the brain. The brain is just a computer. The mind resides in and is the sum consciousness of the entire body.... at least I think so. :lol:

PS: the body is not just a meat sack but a multidimensional entity.

Philosofer123

Mar 16, 2014
A problem with semantics arises with the use of the word mind. Most people, including the OP, think the mind resides in the brain. The brain is just a computer. The mind resides in and is the sum consciousness of the entire body.... at least I think so. :lol:

Contrary to your claim, I take no position with respect to philosophy of mind.

You are implying that I am a physicalist. In fact, I am officially agnostic on the physicalist/non-physicalist debate.

I look forward to any further feedback you may have.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Philosofer 123Death
I believe that death is usually harmful to the one that dies.
Death is only harmful to one that lives. All your experience of death will be gleaned while you live.
Mortal death is the end of mortal harm, release from the torments of flesh,

Philosopher 123 I define death as the end of the dying process.
The ancients defined death as the process of life in the material body. The mind cannot die, it (mind) being radiant energy. It (mind) cannot be created or destroyed. Are you mind or body?

see---The Lost Meaning of Death

Last edited:

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
I love the story of old teacher Socrates . Legend has it that he would listen to each students philosophy of life and the way things are and why. Then it is said that he would systematically dismantle and break down each one of his students ideas about things until he could bring them to a point where they would simply say, "I don't know". It was then that the old teacher felt his students could begin to grow. Takes some of us, me included a long time to admit that "I don't know".

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003

Do you subscribe to the idea of a multi-verse?