COVID-19 'Pandemic'

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: COVIDD-19 'Pandemic'

You take to much it will make you blind.

It is known that some people who take hydroxychloroquine for more than five years and/or in high doses are at increased risk of damage to their retina, the light sensitive layer of cells at the back of the eye. This is known as retinal toxicity or retinopathy.

source https://www.rcophth.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Patient-information-leaflet-draft-1.pdf

There can be really bad side effects.......even when used for Malaria........which is what it is designed for.........to date.

Furthermore.....it is unethical for him to promote ANY drug using his position to that effect.

He wants an instant cure to the crisis.....so he can take credit for resolving it quickly and restoring the economy.. It is all about him.........not what is best for the victims of this virus.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

A Mitigation Disaster
A national stay-at-home order would be deadlier than COVID-19.
Thomas Sowell famously wrote, “Only in government is any benefit, however small, considered to be worth any cost, however large.”

https://spectator.org/a-mitigation-disaster/

Yep. Gubmints most always get things wrong.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

A Mitigation Disaster
Thomas Sowell famously wrote, “Only in government is any benefit, however small, considered to be worth any cost, however large.”

They have a name for people who don't think the stay at home order is good.. Covidiots.

Is that what you are promoting??

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020

A Mitigation Disaster

I'll assume you will post pictures of your Easter Sunday event at church.

Looking forward to it.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

I've just seen on Sky News that the Government is going to be looking, in the next few days, on whether or not to end the lockdown.

Chancellor Rishi Sunak has said he wants an end to the lockdown otherwise "there won't be an economy left."

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

I've just seen on Sky News that the Government is going to be looking, in the next few days, on whether or not to end the lockdown.
Chancellor Rishi Sunak has said he wants an end to the lockdown otherwise "there won't be an economy left."
They should end the lockdown.

All this fuss over a bit of a cold.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary

No, they're not. They're not reporting what symptoms Boris has got.
Two numpties on here have already said he's on a ventilator, even though he isn't.

Yes, they are. I know there is no convincing you and that's okay because you're probably just pushing back for the sake of pushing back. But the reality is that the articles linked both state that his coronavirus symptoms have worsened. I will say though, that I hope you're right. I hope he does just have the sniffles, that would be awesome. But that's a whole lotta hoopla over the sniffles.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Mr Sunak has argued that unless a clear path is mapped out now for a hasty return to normal activity, then the country could face devastating economic damage. Critics of Health Secretary Matt Hancock - who wants to keep the lockdown going for longer - argue he’s underplaying the long-term economic destruction caused by the lockdown.

The precise decision on the extension of the coronavirus lockdown rules cannot be made until Good Friday as this is the earliest point the lockdown’s effects will register on the infection figures (which are falling rapidly).

Conservative journalists Peter Hitchens and Toby Young warned about the ‘hidden death toll’ of the lockdown which includes the rise of ‘excess morbidity’ - due to mental illness, unemployment or missing hospital appointments for critical conditions such as cancer.

Toby Young wrote: “It is an incredibly delicate issue. No one wants to be seen to be doing a crude calculus of pounds-for-lives, or debating whether a 90-year-old’s life is ‘worth’ saving.

“And for the most part everyone is being very grown up about it. But we cannot come out of this having destroyed the economy for the best part of a generation.

“Hancock is desperate not to have an overloaded NHS, with patients gasping on ventilators in an army field hospital, on his CV.”

He continued: “But the damage to society of a severe lockdown could have even more far-reaching consequences.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...n-Matt-Handcock-Rishi-Sunak-Boris-Johnson/amp

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Yes, they are. I know there is no convincing you and that's okay because you're probably just pushing back for the sake of pushing back. But the reality is that the articles linked both state that his coronavirus symptoms have worsened. I will say though, that I hope you're right. I hope he does just have the sniffles, that would be awesome. But that's a whole lotta hoopla over the sniffles.

And yet I heard one former Tory MP on Sky News tonight saying that Boris may be in intensive care over some other medical issue that's not coronavirus.

I wouldn't believe everything the mainstream media tell you.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Mr Sunak has argued that unless a clear path is mapped out now for a hasty return to normal activity, then the country could face devastating economic damage. Critics of Health Secretary Matt Hancock - who wants to keep the lockdown going for longer - argue he’s underplaying the long-term economic destruction caused by the lockdown.

The precise decision on the extension of the coronavirus lockdown rules cannot be made until Good Friday as this is the earliest point the lockdown’s effects will register on the infection figures (which are falling rapidly).

Conservative journalists Peter Hitchens and Toby Young warned about the ‘hidden death toll’ of the lockdown which includes the rise of ‘excess morbidity’ - due to mental illness, unemployment or missing hospital appointments for critical conditions such as cancer.

Toby Young wrote: “It is an incredibly delicate issue. No one wants to be seen to be doing a crude calculus of pounds-for-lives, or debating whether a 90-year-old’s life is ‘worth’ saving.

“And for the most part everyone is being very grown up about it. But we cannot come out of this having destroyed the economy for the best part of a generation.

“Hancock is desperate not to have an overloaded NHS, with patients gasping on ventilators in an army field hospital, on his CV.”

He continued: “But the damage to society of a severe lockdown could have even more far-reaching consequences.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ex...n-Matt-Handcock-Rishi-Sunak-Boris-Johnson/amp

The problem with this approach is that most health systems are not equipped to deal with the exponential growth of people requiring treatment for the virus. If you make your health system able to handle 1/2 your population (or whatever your peak number will be) at the same time, there is no need for a lockdown. Most countries and states cannot do this for a variety of reasons (one that it is quite uneconomical). But if Britain can indeed handle this, then go for it.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

And yet I heard one former Tory MP on Sky News tonight saying that Boris may be in intensive care over some other medical issue that's not coronavirus.
I wouldn't believe everything the mainstream media tell you.
Yeah, Sky News ain't the mainstream media.