COVID-19 'Pandemic'

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Re: COVIDD-19 'Pandemic'

But, yeah, other than that it's far deadlier than the flu.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary

So if your on death's door you wouldn't want to try anything that may save you?
I agree, however the article I posted tried to suggest that the shipment was of the N95 sort, not until you read down a ways do you realise that it was surgical masks. Trying to suggest that Trudeau has outsmarted Trump over the 3M ban.

You could very well be right, the media may be attempting to make Trudeau look good. I guess we will see when and if N95's arrive from China.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

The problem was the 3m facemask ban

That is on President Game Show Host and is something that Canadians are never going to forgive or forget.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

The problem was the 3m facemask ban

That is on President Game Show Host and is something that Canadians are never going to forgive or forget.

Add to that the limp response from TrueDope. The proper response would be to block the paper they need to make the masks. Divert it to local manufacterers and start making our own masks. But some speeches and a sternly worded letter will work almost as well. :rolleyes:

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

Add to that the limp response from TrueDope. The proper response would be to block the paper they need to make the masks. Divert it to local manufacterers and start making our own masks. But some speeches and a sternly worded letter will work almost as well. :rolleyes:
To escalate a situation like that would serve to make hot-hotted Canadians happy for a few minutes while increasing the length of time it took to solve the issue.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

Costco and Walmart.

These two stores are open because they sell fresh food. They still sell everything else there when all their competition is forced to close.

Not quite sure its ethical for them to be selling flat screens etc.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

Canada's top doctor says non-medical masks can help stop the spread of COVID-19
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/non-medical-masks-covid-19-spread-1.5523321
My God what a ridiculous argument this has turned into.
You know those plastic face shields the medical people wear when handling infectious disease?

Guess why they put that on.

So that when a patient coughs or vomits fluids all over them it gets on the mask instead of on them.

Do you think that would help prevent the spread of the sickness?

Of course any type of covering or shield is going to help prevent the virus from getting on you and in you.

and/or out of you and onto someone else

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

Coronavirus: New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo doubles maximum fine for breaking social distancing rules to $1,000 as state cases rise

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/06/cor...ine-for-breaking-social-distancing-rules.html

I'm afraid that Americans are not going to be following all these so-called rules and regulations very well.

They can come and go as they please as they have the inalienable right to the pursuit of happiness.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Canada's top doctor says non-medical masks can help stop the spread of COVID-19
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/non-medical-masks-covid-19-spread-1.5523321
My God what a ridiculous argument this has turned into.
You know those plastic face shields the medical people wear when handling infectious disease?

Guess why they put that on.

So that when a patient coughs or vomits fluids all over them it gets on the mask instead of on them.

Do you think that would help prevent the spread of the sickness?

Of course any type of covering or shield is going to help prevent the virus from getting on you and in you.

and/or out of you and onto someone else

That's what they were wearing at McDonalds the other day. Better than N95's as N95's don't cover your eyes.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Coronavirus: New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo doubles maximum fine for breaking social distancing rules to $1,000 as state cases rise
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/06/cor...ine-for-breaking-social-distancing-rules.html
I'm afraid that Americans are not going to be following all these so-called rules and regulations very well.
They can come and go as they please as they have the inalienable right to the pursuit of happiness.

Whereas all Canadians are obediently following the fascist rules like a herd of sheep.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I think announcing ridiculous fines is just plain stupid. I know lots of people who couldn't come with $100, so threatening with fines of $5000 is just utter f**king stupidity. Most people are reasonable, there's a few who are defiant 24/7. The only thing they will listen to is a good clout upside the head or thrown in the slammer for a month. :)

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

I dont worry about the flu, I've had 90% of them and I get a flu shot every autumn. If you're over 40 it's insane to not get the shot.

This year I not only had the flu shot but a pneumonia vaccination as well. Didn't even know those existed. Had to wait for the drug store to get it in but recommended by my doctor so both my hubby and I got that vaccination as well. So far, so good. (fingers crossed). My hubby has COPD so it's important we both stay healthy.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Whereas all Canadians are obediently following the fascist rules like a herd of sheep.

Geez you can be a thick asshole, obviously very low I.Q. Just take a look at your own Prime Minister...………..I for one don't want to end up like him...………………...Idiot!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

This year I not only had the flu shot but a pneumonia vaccination as well. Didn't even know those existed. Had to wait for the drug store to get it in but recommended by my doctor so both my hubby and I got that vaccination as well. So far, so good. (fingers crossed). My hubby has COPD so it's important we both stay healthy.

As I found out too late those pneumonia shots are only good for ONE type of pneumonia and they've since recommended you get one every 5 years or so. I think (not sure) it may be viral pneumonia it protects against.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Thought it prudent to once again reference this post in which you wondered how Americans would react if America sent aid to another country that was needed locally, well turns out they did. Not to Canada, but to China:
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry...4B-qYtq8qc25FofgG4PgxMcRhCXAcvas2EuktQ1TggH7z
The U.S. State Department shipped 17.8 tons of donated coronavirus medical supplies to China seven weeks ago, when health experts and some American lawmakers were already seeking federal action to prepare the country for the disease.
The massive shipment to China included medical masks, gowns and respirators, now in desperately short supply across America. The supplies were contributed by American companies and nonprofits, according to a U.S. Agency for International Development official.
The State Department touted its aid to China in a press release Feb. 7, three weeks after the first COVID-19 case emerged in Washington state. The statement said the agency was prepared to spend $100 million on the fight against the disease in China and other foreign countries. That was the same day the World Health Organization sounded an alert that such supplies were in critically short supply around the globe.
And many were unhappy, why make the same mistake twice? Why not fluff it up as an effort knowing full well of the binding trade deals?
It is an election year after all.

Points are points. Take em as you get em.

Mockingbird

Council Member
Nov 27, 2019
Calgary

And many were unhappy, why make the same mistake twice? Why not fluff it up as an effort knowing full well of the binding trade deals?
It is an election year after all.
Points are points. Take em as you get em.

Key point, election year.