Country Music

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Since the great ones (Marty Robbins, Charlie Pride, Eddie Arnold, Jim Reeves, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline and many, many more) have gone, CW has become - with a very few exceptions - a poor hybrid of no redeeming value.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Since the great ones (Marty Robbins, Charlie Pride, Eddie Arnold, Jim Reeves, Johnny Cash, Patsy Cline and many, many more) have gone, CW has become - with a very few exceptions - a poor hybrid of no redeeming value.

You're talkin' sense again. Didn't realise Charlie Pride was gone. Hank Thompson (Squaws Along the Yukon) was another great.

Another dandy from 1968 (Pay attention to the lyrics)

YouTube - Son of a Hickory Hollers Tramp Kenny Rogers Cover -- Dallas Frazier's

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
When I was a kid, my hero was Roy Rogers but when I was bout 20, I saw him and Dale sing that song and he fell off his pedestal. Bein' a peacenic and all, that song just gets my goat.

I wonder if that's why I post it every chance I get?.......

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I love music Goober... pop, heavy metal, opera, jazz, country.... any and all have a place, a mood, a perfect moment. I don't care how anyone wants to turn their nose up at country music.... good luck dancing with your little kid, hand in hand, at a wedding without some country music. No little girl should be robbed of a two step with her daddy because he was too damn hip to put up with some country. lol.

For me it tends to be 'old country' that I listen to. Johnny Cash, etc. Not quite as tawngy and high pitched as the new stuff in general, but, every so often something will surprise me. Love the Tim McGraw one you posted.

my favourite 'country music' song, even though it wasn't his originally. He just sang it ten times better. lol.

YouTube - Johnny Cash - 'Hurt"

Love his music he was not to far from passing when he recorded that one. It does tear at your heart and soul.

Oh, another one... if you've ever had a relate arrested for making moonshine, you HAVE to like Copperhead Road. lol.
Dad used to make moonshine, came close to getting arrested but that is another story for another time. Yes to Copperhead Road.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I'm not a real big fan of newer country. Give me Red Sovine over Alan Jackson any day. This kinda expresses my feelings on the matter..

(caution - dirty words)

YouTube - HANK WILLIAMS III - Dick In Dixie

Probably the best country song written in the last ten years was horse soldier

YouTube - Corb Lund @ Hideaway BBQ "Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier" @ Hideaway BBQ in Raleigh, NC 10.6.07
Cannuck

Now you should like this one.

YouTube - Joe Nichols - Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.