Cops want to reduce drinking and driving fatalities?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I've heard on the news lately there is going to be blitz this long weekend on eliminating drinking drivers. What's the use? One of the biggest offenders in causing death while drunk is former cop, Monte Robinson. If he was doing a few years in jail, their concerns might be credible. It's just a bunch of hypocrisy to the Nth degree.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
if the cops want to reduce drinking and driving fatalities, the cops need to reduce their consumption like everyone else.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
No jail time for disgraced ex-Mountie Monty Robinson - British Columbia - CBC News

I had not heard of this case but five beers before he hit and killed the victim Orion Hutchison (21) who had also been drinking is despicable. He left the scene of the crime and had 2 more shots of vodka and then lied to police. Why is there no blood alcohol read in the article? Is it because I missed it, because OTHER wise it would appear as though no breathalyzer was taken. That is obstruction of justice. And speaking of pending obstruction of justice charges it would appear that ol' Monty is up for charges on that too. makes ya go hmmmm.

On the other hand, I think random police stops for drinking and driving testing should be constant. I know a few people (good people) (everyday people)...that go to the golf course and knock back a few before they go home. If I run into you coming out of your car and I can smell alcohol on you, you are so far over the limit you should no longer have your license dammit... just sayin'.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
yes,that is disgusting, I agree, but not a reason to ignore putting a blitz on to stop drinking
and driving, cops are human just like the rest of us, and not without faults, just like the rest
of us.

go for it, arrest em all, throw em in jail, and throw away the keys. a car in the hands of a drunk
driver is no different than a gun in the hands of a killer, sure the intent might not be there,
but he/she knew the possibilities before he/she took the first drink,'chose' to ignore that thought.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
yes,that is disgusting, I agree, but not a reason to ignore putting a blitz on to stop drinking
and driving, cops are human just like the rest of us, and not without faults, just like the rest
of us.

go for it, arrest em all, throw em in jail, and throw away the keys. a car in the hands of a drunk
driver is no different than a gun in the hands of a killer, sure the intent might not be there,
but he/she knew the possibilities before he/she took the first drink,'chose' to ignore that thought.

Right on Talloola, but I would expect no culprit receives a sentence exceding that of Monty Robinson.