Conversations with God

oneeno

Oct 23, 2006
otherwise..i just finished this book today..
i thought it was an excellent book..very relaxing..especially since it touched on all major issues in my life right now..i still leave alot of it open to doubt and interpretation but it grabs part of you from teh stomach..
i wouldent over take too much on how he was advised that HE IS A MESSENGER -
even if he is nuts, the message could be legit.
if we all are god and our job is to remember who we are and that we are part of god and that he is part of us, it could be looked at as not that god was telling him all of this, but rather he was just remembering this information that he/we already know, being we are all part of god, what god knows is what we know, we are him and he is us. if that is the case then how can we not know it..its just a matter of remembering.
if you do believe in past lives then you can look at it as your soul will remember your past lives even if your mind does not..so your soul would remember all teh historical facts and information being it prob lived in that time period during one of the many lives.. it could just be his soul poking this information out to him being he is remembering who he is...and the fact his brain is telling him it is god speaking to him is simply the fact that he is "remembering" who he is and re-uniting or opening back up to his soul, which is also part of god, so he is taking it as "THEE GOD"
but then who is to say that god isent talking to him.
- -
im not catholic or christian, but i remember even as a little boy, 10/11 yrs old, i questioned everyones belief. i never understood why is it that jesus always said that you can do the same as him..you can be like him...that this is for everyone to grab and understand.but then if you would tell a priest or whomever that god has talked to you or you can connect or have the same powers and abilities as jesus, you are suddenly labeled a blashemist or nuts...wasent jesus telling us that we all have the same opportunities as him? why was that turned into we should praise him as a lord, one with power that none of us can obtain.
that we arent worthy of.

i only read the first book so far but plan on reading the other 2
alot of the info in this book reminds me of alot of the beliefs of paganism..that i know of anyway.

id be interested if anyone has any interest in actually talking about the topics in teh book rather then just if it was a good book to read or not..

oneeno

Oct 23, 2006
Love the nic oneeno reminds me of someone I know. We ARE one. But we all dont get it now do we. And if we did how boring would life be. Isnt THAT Neales original message? Tolerence.

yeah - from what he was saying, we arent all supposed to get it..
then there would be no purpose let alone boring..
- -
i think his message was more of, BE...EXPERIANCE..and when your done..RETURN.
we are gods experiance..we are his life..he knows himself by creating us/his experiance...
much like how we know ourselves by our experiance and well...creating our life..

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
wasent jesus telling us that we all have the same opportunities as him? why was that turned into we should praise him as a lord, one with power that none of us can obtain.

take a look at the history of the formation of "christianity".

The first generations were true doomsday cult, which is why nothing was written down for over 100 years.

Once Rome decided to adopt the "new religion" as the state religion, it was about formulizing the "control and dominance" factors of it.

Personally, Jesus was a simplistic philosopher if even that (when looked at from outside the formalized religion). (but that is the appeal of the religion - it applies to such a child-like level of understanding. The side-effect of which is the stunting of growth beyond a child-like state. This of course was of great benefit to those in control.)

oneeno

Oct 23, 2006
take a look at the history of the formation of "christianity".

The first generations were true doomsday cult, which is why nothing was written down for over 100 years.

Once Rome decided to adopt the "new religion" as the state religion, it was about formulizing the "control and dominance" factors of it.

Personally, Jesus was a simplistic philosopher if even that (when looked at from outside the formalized religion). (but that is the appeal of the religion - it applies to such a child-like level of understanding. The side-effect of which is the stunting of growth beyond a child-like state. This of course was of great benefit to those in control.)

it applies to such a child-like level of understanding. The side-effect of which is the stunting of growth beyond a child-like state. This of course was of great benefit to those in control.

agreed...

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia

I think I disagree. I am a Pagan and as a Pagan I see the world as a child would. The forests a deep green the birds flying high in a blue sky. I look with simplicity and with my heart full of love and care. The christian christ himself said to come to his father as a child would. Neale also talks about this in book 3 I believe. Yes EXPERIENCE and BE its the only way to walk onward in this life.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
self,

An interesting aside is that christianity is in essence a pagan religion. When Rome decided to make the new religion of christianity the state religion, they needed to adopt the pagan prinicples of the people to ease the acceptance. This is why christmas in on the solstice, easter aligns with ester, there are three gods (although christians see it as a three-in-one deal), for example.

I should clarify the simplistic philosopher statement. Jesus did not introduce any new concepts to human understanding. All he did was deliver the basics of eastern philosophies to the west. This is why I see him as a simplistic philosopher. (as an aside, my personal interpretation of the abrahamic philosophy is one which follows the line of the prophets. I see the "man idolizing promotion of jesus to a god" as the perversion of the prophetic messages, which led to the sending of the seal of the prophets, mohammed, to set the record straight. This is of course, all within the framework of the abramic works. Truthfully looked at, abraham's three bloody children are all about social control. This is not a "bad or good" thing, but a neccessity if one is to build a long lasting society. The fact that the jewish people are still a distinct people when givin the size of their populace, without their distinct social/cultural laws (known as judiasm) they would not exist as a distinct people today is a testament to how well it worked.)

On child-like state, there are two aspects to consider. Indeed, the premises of early christianity where very simple to understand and embrace. More importantly though, the formalization of the religion (and its subsequent purpose of control of the populace) left off the concepts that took a person beyond the dependency on the "saviour". Thus, like a "child", the follower is never allowed to develop fully and is instead left dependent on the artifically separated "father entity", much the way a 5 year old is dependent on his/her parents for approval/support. (It works well for managing the masses. Combined with the doctorine to expand creates for a formidable weapon of control.) I suspect based on what I have heard this is what the conversations books attempts to do. The couple people I have talked to that have read the books say it did give them the "spiritual awakening" and the ability to mature spiritually. This of course is only the claims of two people though.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
self,

An interesting aside is that christianity is in essence a pagan religion. When Rome decided to make the new religion of christianity the state religion, they needed to adopt the pagan prinicples of the people to ease the acceptance. This is why christmas in on the solstice, easter aligns with ester, there are three gods (although christians see it as a three-in-one deal), for example.

your preaching to the choir as they say. I am a Preistess in training with two preistess' , one in England the other near DC. Lesson 1 Paganism has been hijacked by christianity to convert pagans to christianity. (Pagans love parties ;) ) All 8 christian holidays coincide with their 8 older Pagan sabbats.

I should clarify the simplistic philosopher statement. Jesus did not introduce any new concepts to human understanding. All he did was deliver the basics of eastern philosophies to the west. This is why I see him as a simplistic philosopher. (as an aside, my personal interpretation of the abrahamic philosophy is one which follows the line of the prophets. I see the "man idolizing promotion of jesus to a god" as the perversion of the prophetic messages, which led to the sending of the seal of the prophets, mohammed, to set the record straight. This is of course, all within the framework of the abramic works. Truthfully looked at, abraham's three bloody children are all about social control. This is not a "bad or good" thing, but a neccessity if one is to build a long lasting society. The fact that the jewish people are still a distinct people when givin the size of their populace, without their distinct social/cultural laws (known as judiasm) they would not exist as a distinct people today is a testament to how well it worked.)

I agree that Jesus did not speak anything but a simplistic truth of other cultures. Ive recently read a book about Krishna that blew me away. I believe it was originally written in 4BC way before the christ. And it was almost word for word what christ told in his parable in the sermon on the mount. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhagavad_Gita I was blown away by the simularities!I dont know much about the jewish culture. Im still reading everything with Rae Beth I can get my hands on.

On child-like state, there are two aspects to consider. Indeed, the premises of early christianity where very simple to understand and embrace. More importantly though, the formalization of the religion (and its subsequent purpose of control of the populace) left off the concepts that took a person beyond the dependency on the "saviour". Thus, like a "child", the follower is never allowed to develop fully and is instead left dependent on the artifically separated "father entity", much the way a 5 year old is dependent on his/her parents for approval/support. (It works well for managing the masses. Combined with the doctorine to expand creates for a formidable weapon of control.) I suspect based on what I have heard this is what the conversations books attempts to do. The couple people I have talked to that have read the books say it did give them the "spiritual awakening" and the ability to mature spiritually. This of course is only the claims of two people though.

Two points I want to make. First, Neale is not a Guru in fact he's quite a jerk and I know this first hand because I KNOW him and his orginization personally. BUT Neale IS a catylist. After reading Lynn Grabhorn's Excuse me you life is waiting (again a great catylist but NOT a Guru, in fact she went nutty after writing the book. she published two more on alians coming to possess us! iy yi yi) Ive learned a valuable lesson in the past 4 years........its the message NOT the messager! Really good lesson. Lynn and Neale opened me wide up. The simplistic way they explained soul work like manafestation and BEing and DOing. My life has changed forever. Im no longer a victom for anyone. My son died in May and instead of giving into the drama of it I embraced life , I went to England I learned to ground myself and heal from the underworld to the overworld. Anyway I dont mean to go on but I get real excited when I see people on my path at the cusp of opening wide up. Its amazing.

Sencond point is this and I cant put my words straight so bear with me......Ok, in my belief system My Goddess is Fae, Faerie. And my God is Pan. Both are of the underground, both love the inocence in all of us. There is no controling. They are allowing and caring deities. Nothing crushing about them, we are encouraged to explore and play in all we do. Even dating ;) I see the world in an aery faerie way, yes some see it as nuts and irresponsable but I see it as freeing and loving and.....IIf I had one wish *tears* (not good to cry in da library ) I would wish the world could see the world through my eyes. Aery Faerie, loving and kind.

Ok Ive rambled enough LOL *hugs*

The Project Man

Liquer'd Up & Lash'n Out!
Aug 22, 2006
Pennsylvania
The Movie!

"Conversations With God: The Movie" opens in U.S. theaters Friday, October 27, 2006 and in Canada, November 10.

Have not read him but I will.

oneeno

Oct 23, 2006
ive had the 2nd book for this past week - more then half way done with it. not what i was expecting as it hits/touches on how wehn we put everything from book 1 into affect on a personal level, how it effects the collective consciousness.. i dont want to give away anythign for those that have not read it but if any one has read it and wishes to talk please do..
- -

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Has anyone read that book? I'm only on page 30, but it's facinating.
Anyone else read it?

I have read it. It is typical new-age humanism, and has no relationship to the truth of god and His Church. More of the "god as I make him up to be because I do not feel like conforming to his actual teachings" type thinking

oneeno

Oct 23, 2006
I have read it. It is typical new-age humanism, and has no relationship to the truth of god and His Church. More of the "god as I make him up to be because I do not feel like conforming to his actual teachings" type thinking

what is " the truth of god and his church" ?

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia

THIS is why Im a Pagan! MY God KNOWS how to give a woman an orgasm yours knows how to give a woman a HEADACHE!!! :p (ok mods do your job but I had to say it) Im gonna go take an asprin.