Conservative interns posing as protesters

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Party interns don't have to be "forced" to do anything.

They're all gung-ho for any kind of political action.

All the more reason to not take advantage of their idealism this way, the PMO should have never tasked them with a clearly partisan project. If they honestly wanted to stage a demonstration against Justin Trudeau they could have done so on their own initiative instead of being told to make signs and go out and heckle him.

We leave room for legitimate protest in our system, it shouldn't be hijacked by the government in narrow party interests.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
All the more reason to not take advantage of their idealism this way, the PMO should have never tasked them with a clearly partisan project. If they honestly wanted to stage a demonstration against Justin Trudeau they could have done so on their own initiative instead of being told to make signs and go out and heckle him.

We leave room for legitimate protest in our system, it shouldn't be hijacked by the government in narrow party interests.
I doubt you'd be saying that the next time, if there is a next time, the Gliberals run gov't and start doing their usual shenanigans. You'll probably come up with crap like "Well, it's justified" and "Well, the Cons did it, so it must be ok for the Glibs", etc.
Party hacks are funny that way.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
8O......Every time I read of interns, I think of Dr. Kildare................you know how old you are if you remember that.

WELL, my wifey said::::::::::HE wouldn't do THAT!!

Oh jeez, I loves her.

:smile:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Yes the fact is the young conservatives are trying to disrupt Trudeau and i can
understand why. They are in FEAR of him. Trudeau is making inroad and the
Tories are becoming less popular Federally. Like I said I am not a fan of Justin,
but if he keeps his cool he can use it to his advantage
The fact is Trudeau is a problem for the Tories and the NDP because people want
change, good change, bad change who cares they just want change.
The other side of the coin, people don't like many of the changes and the fact that
the we're going to be different stuff has proved to be false. Tories are not different.
They don't even take meaningful responsibility for their actions.
I have the feeling Trudeau Mania is about to strike again in a couple of year and the
the Tories could even end up in third place behind the NDP.
In America and in Canada, tough times are coming and that usually means a swing
to the center left. Clinton will be President in America and Trudeau in Canada.
I will say one thing, if the Conservatives keep bashing people for the sake of bashing
people between elections, I will consider doing something I have never done before.
Vote Liberal. Its hard to hold my nose for this, but if Harper is attacking them they
can't be all bad because Harper is proving to be worse.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
Would it be too general to say All protests are initiated,staged and controlled by Partisan Political Party Members/Affiliates(Protesters)....In-order to maintain funding..Draw attention to a Game of political self-interest...Or used to distract the general public away from unfavorable government business...?:)

Most people don't give a s*** about politics.So...Gotta stir them up, get a reaction, cull the herds, separate them into specific, specified places/positions...Guarantee..Er..ummm.. I mean, Justify Funding.

Any unscheduled/unregistered Protest/Public assembly, is illegal.

Is Democracy at its finest.:)

So there is really nothing unusual about interns protesting...Is common practise

Last edited:

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Another tempest in a teapot, CK.

And you talk about Conservatives flinging mud anywhere they can and hoping it sticks! :p

No it's not, it more abuse of power and misuse of taxpayers resources for purely partisan politics. The Canadian government wasn't set up for Harper to play for his own interests, it's supposed to be there to serve Canadians.

Saying it's no big deal is like saying that democracy and open and transparent government is no big deal.For some of us it a really big deal and once it's gone the chances of getting it back are small.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
No it's not, it more abuse of power and misuse of taxpayers resources for purely partisan politics. The Canadian government wasn't set up for Harper to play for his own interests, it's supposed to be there to serve Canadians.

Saying it's no big deal is like saying that democracy and open and transparent government is no big deal.For some of us it a really big deal and once it's gone the chances of getting it back are small.
Just wait till Harper starts with his "hidden agenda".

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

Again, your failure is in not recognizing that Harper is just a cog in the PM dictator machine and ain't the first cog.

Jonny_C

Electoral Member
Apr 25, 2013
North Bay, ON

You're saying that the PM and the PMO should be divorced from party politics. Ain't gonna happen, son, and never has.

A river of no return, huh. If it were truly what you say it is, I'm sure you're of the belief that you'll "get it back" when the Liberals return to power.

You see a lot of drama in things that are rather commonplace.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Except that our so called right wing party is somewhat to the left of your left wing party. Making them what? Right wing lite

Could just be that they were from say west of the atlantic ocean and have their own reasons not to like Just-In.

Could just be that they were from say west of the atlantic ocean and have their own reasons not to like Just-In.

That tells you plenty about how far to the right the delusionals in the Republican party, and their Canadian wannabes, really are.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I would wager that it did - although, unless the PMO issues a press release indicating that they organized the event - it is speculation.

I suppose that the bottom-line here is that is anyone other than CK surprised that this kind of thing happens at all with any of the parties?

There's a difference though between all parties using their resources to do things like this, and our elected officials using OUR resources to do things like this.

okay, just corrected myself when I read back and saw it was COnservative party interns, not interns of the PM's office. Carry on then.

Cobalt_Kid

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
You're saying that the PM and the PMO should be divorced from party politics. Ain't gonna happen, son, and never has.

I'm saying the point of having a democratic system in the first place isn't to have someone constantly see how far he can degrade and circumvent the system for what is in reality a limited agenda. we aren't all conservatives in fact most of us aren't and the leader of a single party is damaging the nation at large by treating the overall system as a zero sum game. Even if Harper "wins" we all lose in the long term as respect for very idea of broad based representation is lost. The system wasn't designed so that one person could step around all the checks and balances, it evolved from a desire to transfer absolute power from a central authority to a much wider base. Now we're heading in the other direction.

A river of no return, huh. If it were truly what you say it is, I'm sure you're of the belief that you'll "get it back" when the Liberals return to power.

You see a lot of drama in things that are rather commonplace.

I have no idea what the Liberals, the NDP or what other parties would do in government, all I know is the one we have now has a clear record of constantly trying to circumvent all the checks and balances in the system intended to give us the freedoms and participation that has been the clear trend in this nation for most of its history.

Drama?

While in office the PM has repeatedly prorogued Parliament for clearly partisan reasons, blocked access to information and intentionally created as much chaos in the House as possible while engaging in illegal campaigning, probably on a level never seen before in this nation. He runs the PMO like a separate state with virtually no accountability and with no real access even from members of his own party, I don't think it's a coincidence that the term "Harper Canada" has been showing up on official government correspondence. If you're a dipped in the water conservative diehard as you seem to be then it's no big deal, we seem well on the way to a single party state with none of that annoying uncertainty that comes with picking a new government every few years and that's wonderful...until it isn't.

Harper isn't a head of state, he's a Prime Minister who's supposed to be acting in the best interests of the Crown, Parliament and Canadians as whole, not himself. By turning the PMO into his own executive branch Harper is betraying the trust of all Canadians.

Jonny_C

Electoral Member
Apr 25, 2013
North Bay, ON
I imagine you think that if you repeat somethings often enough, some people will take your convictions as the truth. You certainly are tireless in your chant, I'll give you that.