Come on guys!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Cool. Daphne's Dills. I still have a foot and a half of snow here. :D Crocuses, hyacyinths, and snowdrops are still sleeping.

In the river valley here, we get wild crocuses all around the hillsides. Fuzzy pale purple little things, hidden in all the dry, winter dead grass. It's so much fun to climb the hills hunting for them. I'm going to miss that once we move. Not having access to the valley, the river, the trees.... *sigh* Ah well, I'm sure the city will have its redeeming features.

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
In the City you will find some beauty but you will have to look for it. Also it depends on how big the city is! I live in a town surrounded with hills, forests and many lakes it is beautiful (after the snow is gone) and people do not understand that I also love Montreal. Of course the city is different but they all have their beautiful spots but you must look for them.

Good luck with your move.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
In the City you will find some beauty but you will have to look for it. Also it depends on how big the city is! I live in a town surrounded with hills, forests and many lakes it is beautiful (after the snow is gone) and people do not understand that I also love Montreal. Of course the city is different but they all have their beautiful spots but you must look for them.

Good luck with your move.

I agree. I know one redeeming feature is the Muttart conservatory. If you need a touch of nature, any time of year, it's the place to go. And, I'm a firm believer that if one can't find a touch of nature, you ought to create one. lol.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I suppose there is the occasional nice spot in a city, but the best part about them, IMO, is leaving them.

I can't say I entirely disagree, but I'm making the most with what I've got. lol.

We just couldn't afford to live out of town. With me going to school, and hubby working in the city, it would have meant so much money in fuel. Now, I can bus to school, and hubby's drive to work is minimal.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I can't say I entirely disagree, but I'm making the most with what I've got. lol.

We just couldn't afford to live out of town. With me going to school, and hubby working in the city, it would have meant so much money in fuel. Now, I can bus to school, and hubby's drive to work is minimal.

Well that's more environmentally freindly Karrie. I think you can make your own little beautiful spot even if it is only a balcony. The possibilities are endless.:wave:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well that's more environmentally freindly Karrie. I think you can make your own little beautiful spot even if it is only a balcony. The possibilities are endless.:wave:

I'm excited for the snow to disappear so I can find out what my new yard is like. lol.