CNN dukes it out with Michael Moore

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
You may have a good point, maybe he is doing this only for money or for some sort of celibrity, who knows, however he brings good point, that is what is important.

On the other hand, w bush has tons of friends who are in weaponery,oil, who contributed to the political party and benifited incredibly from 9-11 and both wars, not to mention bush approval went from 44% to 85% after 9-11, that doesnt ring a bell to you?

"bush approval went from 44% to 85% after 9-11"......

lol....and if the united states were hit again tonight, his approval rating would soar again tomorrow.

Fcukin idiots we have south of the boarder or whaa??

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Jbee:

Only to point out the painfully obvious here:

Citizens always rally around their political leader after an attack or the appearance of a threat.

Doesn't matter the country, the decade, the ideology, nothing.

So, while Americans might be "stupid", as you say, it will be for reasons other than what you just posted.

Pangloss

Toro

Senate Member
Conservatives certainly don't think CNN is conservative. That's what counts when anointing the political leanings of a broadcaster. I certainly don't.

BTW, I watched an interview outside the New York Stock Exchange on CNBC with Moore, and Moore, indeed did say that medical coverage should be "free" to Americans. He did not qualify it as he claims in the OP. In that effect, CNN is correct in their rebuttal.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I've almost completely stopped watching CNN and Fox, as you said, they are just entertainment shows,
competing with one another for viewers. They only look for scandal and misery and seem to think
those celebrities are actually worth doing a one hour program. I guess there are viewers, but it
won't be me.
I do like Anderson Cooper, as I do see him trying to be truthful and interesting, but if he wants to
stay at his job, he will eventually have to 'cave' in to them and show us 'fake' people with 'fake' lives.

Michael Moore isn't perfect, but in a world of corporate power and governments that
are 'not' for the people at all, we NEED more people like him.

Personally, I think we can do without professional propagandists with absolutely no regard for the truth, be they left or right wing.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Really what is important about OJ or Paris going to jail, who really cares.
The biggest problem is the news machines, TV Radio, and Cable networks are owned by the very people who support Bush for the most part, and the whole story is not being told, so on we can do is speculate on what is true. | am not happy about this, as years ago I was a newsman and I tell ya the news aint really news anymore.
The MSM lost their way when the OJ Simpson saga unfolded and since then it's become worse. Just look at how they covered Hurricane Katrina spreading unconfirmed stories without verifying them, look how Geraldo was such a media ***** there or look at how they covered the death of Anna Nicole Smith..

This also has nothing to do with Bush, the same BS happened when the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal broke..

That is why those on the Left & Right are turning away from the MSM more and instead looking towards the Internet or Jon Stewart & The Daily show who cuts through the BS..

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Johnny

Got my vote dude!

There has always (and I mean always...since human beings have existed) been forms of oral history and tradition that are told through story and song. That's an entirely appropriate expression.

Where the difficulty comes in is when the lies and exaggerations of idologues exercises the financial and political power to slant perspective and bias opinion.