Climate Change report on Canada

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Increased landslides and flooding are projected to have an impact upon states such as Assam.[9] Ecological disasters, such as a 1998 coral bleaching event that killed off more than 70% of corals in the reef ecosystems off Lakshadweep and the Andamans, and was brought on by elevated ocean temperatures tied to global warming, are also projected to become increasingly common.[10][11][12]

The first among the countries to be affected by severe climate change is Bangladesh. Its sea level, temperature and evaporation are increasing, and the changes in precipitation and cross boundary river flows are already beginning to cause drainage congestion. There is a reduction in fresh water availability, disturbance of morphologic processes and a higher intensity of flooding and other such disasters. Bangladesh only contributes 0.1% of the world’s emissions yet it has 2.4% of the world’s population. In contrast, the United States makes up about 5 percent of the world's population, yet they produce approximately 25 percent of the pollution that causes global warming.[13]

Effects of global warming on South Asia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
If you're just going to post gifs then you've not shown anything and are just bumping the thread.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
If you don't want to draw attention to the thread then don't bump it.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
darkbeaver;1894317 Who said all? I think you must have had all your shots eh.[IMG said:
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/images/icons/icon7.gif[/IMG]

Well that makes things mighty convenient. "All the scientists I agree with are completely objective, and all the ones I don't agree with are corrupt liars." :lol:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Well that makes things mighty convenient. "All the scientists I agree with are completely objective, and all the ones I don't agree with are corrupt liars." :lol:
Hey all is fair in love and war right. Of course there will be collateral damage. We will erect monuments in their memory. It is hoped that the good honest poor scientists will rise up against their dishonest counterparts and attack them with clipboards and measuring devices.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Threads like this are good for young people,it teaches them to heap scorn on disinformation and disinformers. You are lucky we can't fling rotten tomatoes.

Nice! Exactly.

That is why I have no concern that I am bumping another useless and repetitive MF thread.

Plus I get to use my vast arsenal of gifs

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
An example of extreme fanaticism in action. Abandoning all logic and evidence, relying of hysteria, fear mongering and threat.. while the original hypothesis collapses into absurdity.

Not one major media organization has the courage to point out that the AGW Emporer is wearing NO clothes.. that the pseudo science has collapsed around it and all that's left is a publicity juggernaut.. and BIG money associated with carbon credits, academic reputations, and the industry that has now developed around 'alternative' energy.

Doesn't hide the truth though. AGW is a fraud, without a hint of scientific credibility.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Global Warming Will Cause War, Pestilence, Famine and Death, Says New IPCC Report Inevitably

Today sees the release of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC) latest findings on the state of "global warming" and the news isn't good.

Here are some of the highlights:

• Giant malarial mosquitoes the size of crane flies may descend en masse and drain us of our blood so quickly with their powerful razor sharp probosces that we won't even have time to be infected - we'll be dead before we hit the floor;
  • Bangladesh, Tuvalu, The Maldives and Florida will all be submerged;
  • Four horsemen with skulls for faces, glowing red eyes and huge scythes will gallop across the blighted land on skeletal horses spreading fire, pestilence, famine, and disease. Men will pray for the quick release of death. Children will clutch their parents and say: "Why didn't we listen?";
  • The populations of horrid things like cockroaches and scorpions will quintuple, while all the cute animals - wrens, robins, meerkats, baby polar bears, kittens, sea otters - will vanish as if they had never been;
  • Men will say openly that Christ and His saints slept;
  • There will be war, war and more war.
We know this because the Guardian's Suzanne Goldenberg is on the case. She has got in her climate doom predictions early and though she based her report on a leaked sneak preview rather than the finished document, she has undoubtedly captured the general tone, which is this: things are even worse than we thought!
And are things really even worse than we thought?
Not exactly, no. The real take-home story of the new report we already learned last week: that the latest estimates of the economic costs of "climate change" are considerably lower than previous projections; so much lower, in fact, that the costs could be offset by just a month's global economic growth.
It's to obscure this inconvenient truth that the Big Green Propaganda Machine will now be cranking into overdrive. Over the next few days - watch and listen: they'll be all over the MSM like a suppurating pox rash - "expert" after "expert" will be dragged out of the woodwork to testify that, no

suppurating pox rash That is the phrase of the day thus far, at 5pm I want my gift coupons.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
An example of extreme fanaticism in action. Abandoning all logic and evidence, relying of hysteria, fear mongering and threat.. while the original hypothesis collapses into absurdity.

Not one major media organization has the courage to point out that the AGW Emporer is wearing NO clothes.. that the pseudo science has collapsed around it and all that's left is a publicity juggernaut.. and BIG money associated with carbon credits, academic reputations, and the industry that has now developed around 'alternative' energy.

Doesn't hide the truth though. AGW is a fraud, without a hint of scientific credibility.

Well, overlooking the innate hysteria in your own post for a moment, the idea that global wamring is based on pseudo-science is aload of crap. If you've got a better theory than the Greenhouse Effect as to why this planet doesn't go down to -200 deg C at night time, I'd love to read about it in a journal.

Oh, let me guess. because god said so?

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Well, overlooking the innate hysteria in your own post for a moment, the idea that global wamring is based on pseudo-science is aload of crap. If you've got a better theory than the Greenhouse Effect as to why this planet doesn't go down to -200 deg C at night time, I'd love to read about it in a journal.

Oh, let me guess. because god said so?

Human contribution to Atmospheric carbon, in C02 or other combinations, is so miniscule in the grand scheme of carbon rotation between landmass, biological structures, ocean and atmosphere, AND is itself a fractional atmospheric element, that any common logic will tell you that it is an undetectable contributor to the most complex and dynamic system on earth. One that we have no comprehensive understanding into its small or large scale operations or iterations.

And what would you call a 'science' that cannot produce a shred of evidence.. whose whole proposition is based on computer modelling that has failed to produce a SINGLE reliable prediction. They have delivered a litany of calamitous 'prophesies'... NONE of which have panned out. In fact it would appear the Earth at least in the Northern Hemisphere is in a cyclical cooling phase.. for which they have NOT a clue as to it's origins.

This is not even a pseudo-science.. it is a CULT.. formed of radical environmentalism.. itself with its seed in pagan spiritualism... all embedded in a deep antipathy to the human cause and presence in the biosphere.

It is no accident that carbon was chosen as the archdemon, as it is the one indispensible energy producing commodity of our civilization.. whose advance can be measured in the tapping and utilization of energy at ever higher frequencies.

AGW has a 'priesthood', now in institutional 'churches'.. who feel no compulsion to 'prove' their theories.. they are to be accepted on the basis of credulity.. spun out in the form of apocalyptic revelations. No dissenter is allowed a place in the hierarchy which produces an appearance of unananimity.. but reflects nothing but the tyranical orthodoxy that has imposed itself on the issue.

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Thanks beave and Eagle.

I'll take that as a sign that I can keep posting these threads as they are relevant discussion.

Certainly, I for one support your efforts entire. I am loath to miss even one of your comic inclusions. Are you by chance in the entertainment field? Your exercise here will only harden you into a more formidable poster, in fact you should be sending us a cheque every week to cover yourr training expenses.