Cleveland Ohio RTA Bus Driver Uppercuts Female Passenger

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
Gender has nothing to do with it. If you bash somebody.....expect to get bashed back. That woman in the topic opener was
an aggressive cow.
I don't care dude, he's a bus driver and should act professional. Instead he acted like an idiot just as the girl did. The girl needed to be removed from the bus, not thrown an uppercut

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I don't care dude, he's a bus driver and should act professional. Instead he acted like an idiot just as the girl did. The girl needed to be removed from the bus, not thrown an uppercut

So if a bus driver is getting punched the professional thing to do is ask the person to get off the bus? I think professionalism goes out the window when somebody throws a punch, then it becomes self-defense. He may have defended himself excessively but it was justifiable self defense. Maybe you can try to be all polite and professional when someone punches you in the head...see if you can make that work for you.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
The moron bus driver was acting completely non-professional before he ever got hit, running his mouth and instigating a reaction from the girl. He didn't seem mentally stable or at all at a functional level to driving a bus. He says "You're going to jail now" than proceeds to commit assault on the woman.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
The moron bus driver was acting completely non-professional before he ever got hit, running his mouth and instigating a reaction from the girl. He didn't seem mentally stable or at all at a functional level to driving a bus. He says "You're going to jail now" than proceeds to commit assault on the woman.

Must have taken lessons from Lt. whats-his-face in Philly....

I think there could be a civil case for excessive use of force but under the actual letter of the law he was defending himself from a physical attack. It may seem quite comical but regardless of her sex, size, mental deficiencies etc once she hit him he is rightfully allowed to use physical force to end the conflict.

As I said earlier, my dad drove a city bus for over 35 years. I know many drivers. The BS they have to put up with on a daily basis would make most normal people snap in a few hours and these guys put up with it for years.

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
Um when you stand up off your seat and move toward someone and uppercut them in the face, that doesn't equate even remotely to self-defense.

No doubt bus drivers put up with bull****, as any does anyone else in an occupation that must deal with people on a daily basis.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Oh. it's understood quite well by those with and without morals.
I understand completely that some people are just misogynists that love to hide behind more friendly sounding words.

Bear can justify any of his bad behaviour.

Cause 2 wrongs make a right in his head.

Last edited:

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Um when you stand up off your seat and move toward someone and uppercut them in the face, that doesn't equate even remotely to self-defense.

I respectfully disagree. She stepped forward once already, there was no indication that she wasn't going to do it again. I believe remaining sitting would have been a foolish way to defend oneself.

Also, you will note that the driver yelled " you are going to jail". This sounds more like he is exercising his right to perform a citizen's arrest. It doesn't sound like he was defending himself. My point? Anyone that takes a swing at someone sitting down, can expect the arresting citizen to take the next swing unless they get down on their knees or make some sort of declaration that they are surrendering.

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Actually, dummy, it's cannuck that is trying to justify a bad behavior. However, with your limited comprehension skills, I can see how you missed that. Or are you onside with cannuck on this and feel that there are justifications for beating on a woman?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Actually, dummy, it's cannuck that is trying to justify a bad behavior. However, with your limited comprehension skills, I can see how you missed that. Or are you onside with cannuck on this and feel that there are justifications for beating on a woman?

LOL...missing the point as usual. Nowhere have I said the drivers actions were acceptable. My view is that gender is irrelevant to whether the actions are acceptable or not. That is where we disagree.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

Oh there are quite a few justifications there G. If some chick has a knife or a gun or baton or other weapon and is about to do harm to me or my family there is a high likelyhood she will be in need of a dentist shortly afterward. You, my friend, can take a bullet and watch your wife get shot too so as to keep your 'morals' in tact. Me, I'm knocking her out cold and making sure she ain't getting up soon.

What about women in combat roles as is becoming more prevalent in western societies? Are you saying in a wartime combat situation you would not engage in hand-to-hand combat just because it was a woman? What would you do...surrender?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Oh there are quite a few justifications there G. If some chick has a knife or a gun or baton or other weapon and is about to do harm to me or my family there is a high likelyhood she will be in need of a dentist shortly afterward. You, my friend, can take a bullet and watch your wife get shot too so as to keep your 'morals' in tact. Me, I'm knocking her out cold and making sure she ain't getting up soon.

What about women in combat roles as is becoming more prevalent in western societies? Are you saying in a wartime combat situation you would not engage in hand-to-hand combat just because it was a woman? What would you do...surrender?

I doubt that gerry would get into that kind of a situation.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

wow look at that one fly right over your head. Swooosh.

Sorry gerryh you have no idea. lol

gore0bsessed

Time Out
Oct 23, 2011
I respectfully disagree. She stepped forward once already, there was no indication that she wasn't going to do it again. I believe remaining sitting would have been a foolish way to defend oneself.

Disagree with what? He went towards her into an aggressive manner, he did not take any kind of self-defensive stance. There's nothing to debate there. lol.

Also, you will note that the driver yelled " you are going to jail". This sounds more like he is exercising his right to perform a citizen's arrest. It doesn't sound like he was defending himself. My point? Anyone that takes a swing at someone sitting down, can expect the arresting citizen to take the next swing unless they get down on their knees or make some sort of declaration that they are surrendering.
Yeah I already brought that up. You cannot exercise a citizen's arrest while committing a crime, in this case assault. Again the bus driver is not mentally stable, instigated a reaction from the girl and he is clearly not fit to do his job.

If a mod can edit post #45 and remove the youtube links that might help fix the framing of the thread. Not sure what happened there.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

Ummm, ya...

wow look at that one fly right over your head. Swooosh.

Sorry gerryh you have no idea. lol
The irony is palpable.

LOL...missing the point as usual. Nowhere have I said the drivers actions were acceptable. My view is that gender is irrelevant to whether the actions are acceptable or not. That is where we disagree.
LOL, that's funny.

So that's why you think he's a misogynist?