Clarifying the meaning of Left and Right

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
It is kind of similar to, and perhaps not entirely correct, just like the old adage: "The friend of my enemy is my enemy and the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Right is opposite of left.
Right is opposite of wrong.

Therefore, left equals wrong. Take that as it is and don't waste my time or your time with any more comments, unless you have the irresistible compulsion to have the last word.

Wow, logical fallacies and a hypocritical suggestion about having the last word, all to cover up the fact that left is not synonymous with wrong.

You're consistent, I'll give you that much.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
It is kind of similar to, and perhaps not entirely correct, just like the old adage: "The friend of my enemy is my enemy and the enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Therefore, left equals wrong. Take that as it is and don't waste my time or your time with any more comments, unless you have the irresistible compulsion to have the last word.

Left equals wrong, therefore left handed people are satan's workers. We must kill all left handed people, especially women, because they are doubly wrong.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

May I speak quite frankly Jack, the goal of the mission is to avoid war, it is not a contest to see how low we will stoop to 'win'.
There could be a very good reason for you and your enemy to join forces against his enemy. If anything you give him a gun and turn him around and lock that door until the wars are over. Opening the door giving him a gun and saying get behind me doesn't seem like the best 'snap decision' that could be made in a time of peace, let alone in a obvious war.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
There could be a very good reason for you and your enemy to join forces against his enemy. If anything you give him a gun and turn him around and lock that door until the wars are over. Opening the door giving him a gun and saying get behind me doesn't seem like the best 'snap decision' that could be made in a time of peace, let alone in a obvious war.

That concept has worked well for the US using binLaden to get the Russians out of Afghanistan.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
May I speak quite frankly Jack, the goal of the mission is to avoid war, it is not a contest to see how low we will stoop to 'win'.

Can we have English translation of this incomprehensible gibberish??

Can we have English translation of this incomprehensible gibberish??
And perhaps, if it not too much to ask, an explanation how it relates to the topic at hand.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Right and left, in ideology, are appropriated words that label-makers need to keep things straight in their own little minds. That way they always have a stone to toss and handle to extract them from the muck they get stuck in.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I been trying to make sense of this argument for about three pages now..........

F uck it.....I'm making myself another drink.....maybe it will make sense later...:lol:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I been trying to make sense of this argument for about three pages now..........

F uck it.....I'm making myself another drink.....maybe it will make sense later...:lol:
It won't but you won't care as much.

Jack, the enemy of your enemy does not make him your friend, he might help you win the war but then you have ti kill him before he kills you, such is the way of war.
What was your version, one war to end all wars ..... where did I hear that before .......

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
As much as I dislike the Bush administration he was still funny when he said he liked that Canadians still waved with all 5 fingers. I'm kind of hoping a true racist/bigot wouldn't have any moments like that.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
As much as I dislike the Bush administration he was still funny when he said he liked that Canadians still waved with all 5 fingers. I'm kind of hoping a true racist/bigot wouldn't have any moments like that.

Bush said that because he must have seen Trudeau respecting Canadians with only one finger. You know, the middle one.

Which reminds me:

A lady is telling her friend: "My husband had an accident at work. He lost a finger!"

Her sympathetic friend says: "The whole finger??" To which she replies: "No, the one next to it".

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Bush said that because he must have seen Trudeau respecting Canadians with only one finger. You know, the middle one.
No it was because every other country he visited (including his own) was using the gesture you referenced.

Personally I thought is spelled things out pretty clear, ......... I forget the exact sequence ,was Martial Law before or after that event. You can see how the two might be connected, strictly in terms of who has the biggest finger, so to speak.