Citizens in 21 states ask to secede after Obama re-election

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
If they were to ever secede, what would happen if their "former" State had to declare a State Of Emergency due to a natural disaster? I somehow doubt that their requests would be met with eager enthusiasm.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
People did not want a heavy dose of extreme conservatism and I think the Republicans
believed they defeated Obama, they forgot the urban areas were Democrats and it became
a case of checkmate.

Yues indeed, urban areas... the most crime, squalor, worst schools... 100% controlled and owned by the Democrats. They must be proud.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
No way will we take Florida. Almost 1/3 the population of Canada, 50% are retired so do not contribute to the economy and no state income tax. Even if we wanted to take on the burden they wouldn't come over.

You do understand I was being sarcastic with that post.. some members didn't.. cough tay. :roll:

No way, No how with any of those states will separate, and even by armed succession, the US military would be in there like fly's to sh*t.

Those applications are nothing more than a bunch of disgruntled nit wits being sore losers over the fact their boy didn't get elected. Get over it, it's just 4 years and try winning with a better candidate.

Next the sore losers may try and impeach Obama over Libya. eh, maybe I shouldn't give them any ideas.. they might read this.. lol :lol:

-------------------------------

Never mind to late.. Impeach Obama Campaign ? To Save America

Tay, if you're going to hand out negs on a thread, at least post on the thread so we can see your opinion.. otherwise, your just being a simple tool.

There should be a mod that if a person has not made a post on a thread, he is unable to rate posts on that thread. Period.

[AJAX] Helpful Answers - Allow users to rate individual posts - vBulletin.org Forum

Contribute to the conversation, or screw off.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Ooooo the big bad Republicans... Oooooo they want to secede from the Union... Oooooo they want to take all the poor's freebies away and give it to the rich... Ooooo they're all buying more guns....Oooooo they wanna push grandma off the cliff

LOL... Grow up you clowns.

Hey, we're Canadians; we like to learn about other parts of the world. Beter that than living in perpetual ignorance.

Hey we're Americans and we use two "Ts" in better.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
So, if a state doesn't like the president, it can collect petitions, and then the president will consider the issue? That makes no sense. If you're considering seceding because of the current government then shouldn't it take more sigs than that, so you can skip the pres and hold a referendum?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Of course it's not limited to the right side, I never said it was, I'm just asking about the process. It seems weird to me that if you want to secede because of the current government, that you'd have to get approval from said government rather than have a workaround

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Ooooo the big bad Republicans... Oooooo they want to secede from the Union... Oooooo they want to take all the poor's freebies away and give it to the rich... Ooooo they're all buying more guns....Oooooo they wanna push grandma off the cliff

LOL... Grow up you clowns.

No shyte.... Get out the tin foil hats - I expect to be regaled with all kinds of conspiracy theories very soon.

Hey we're Americans and we use two "Ts" in better.

It's extremely funny when the morally superior stand on their soap box and lecture Americans on being educated, and can't get the spelling correct.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Of course it's not limited to the right side, I never said it was, I'm just asking about the process. It seems weird to me that if you want to secede because of the current government, that you'd have to get approval from said government rather than have a workaround

It is what I would call a complete waste of time. These petitions and these movements are foolishness.

It's extremely funny when the morally superior stand on their soap box and lecture Americans on being educated, and can't get the spelling correct.

Which is why I pointed it out.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Let me get this right.......They...the U.S. held an election and Obama won. This is not good enough for some crazies
who regardless of the election, want another outcome. Is this not the same country that holds up their election
as a grand example for democracy everywhere? Some people are obviously not on the same page.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

By QMI Agency

Within a week of U.S. President Barack Obama's re-election, citizens from 21 states have filed petitions asking to secede from the United States, according to the White House website.
Louisiana was first, posting its request on Nov. 7.
It was soon joined by Texas, on Nov. 9.
In asking for the president to "peacefully grant" permission for his state to withdraw from the union, creator Micah H., of Arlington, wrote: "To do so would protect its citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government."
Petitioners have one month to obtain 25,000 signatures in order for the president to consider the request.
As of Monday morning, Louisiana had 13,197.

Texas had 17,260.
The petition from Florida was created Saturday -- the same day the state finally declared Obama the victor in this election after another controversial ballot count. On Monday morning, it had 4,823 signatures.
The other 18 states with requests for secession: Alabama, North and South Carolina, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee, Michigan, Indiana, North Dakota, Montana, Colorado, Oregon, New Jersey, New York, Arkansas, Georgia and Missouri.
All quote a passage from the Declaration of Independence that reads "whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government."

Citizens in 21 states ask to secede after Obama re-election - World - Canoe.ca
lol So these people (probably numbering well under a million) want to secede which would affect the millions of others in those states just so the few people in the fed gov't won't have an effect on them? Funny shyte.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
You do understand I was being sarcastic with that post.. some members didn't.. cough tay. :roll:

No way, No how with any of those states will separate, and even by armed succession, the US military would be in there like fly's to sh*t.

Those applications are nothing more than a bunch of disgruntled nit wits being sore losers over the fact their boy didn't get elected. Get over it, it's just 4 years and try winning with a better candidate.

Next the sore losers may try and impeach Obama over Libya. eh, maybe I shouldn't give them any ideas.. they might read this.. lol :lol:

-------------------------------

Never mind to late.. Impeach Obama Campaign ? To Save America

Tay, if you're going to hand out negs on a thread, at least post on the thread so we can see your opinion.. otherwise, your just being a simple tool.

There should be a mod that if a person has not made a post on a thread, he is unable to rate posts on that thread. Period.

[AJAX] Helpful Answers - Allow users to rate individual posts - vBulletin.org Forum

Contribute to the conversation, or screw off.

My negative was to the post that suggested Canada incorporate certain states re;secession.

I say no, we don't want their mindset here, we have our own imported loons..............

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

By QMI Agency

Within a week of U.S. President Barack Obama's re-election, citizens from 21 states have filed petitions asking to secede from the United States, according to the White House website.
Louisiana was first, posting its request on Nov. 7.
It was soon joined by Texas, on Nov. 9.
In asking for the president to "peacefully grant" permission for his state to withdraw from the union, creator Micah H., of Arlington, wrote: "To do so would protect its citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government."
Petitioners have one month to obtain 25,000 signatures in order for the president to consider the request.
As of Monday morning, Louisiana had 13,197.

Texas had 17,260.
The petition from Florida was created Saturday -- the same day the state finally declared Obama the victor in this election after another controversial ballot count. On Monday morning, it had 4,823 signatures.
The other 18 states with requests for secession: Alabama, North and South Carolina, Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee, Michigan, Indiana, North Dakota, Montana, Colorado, Oregon, New Jersey, New York, Arkansas, Georgia and Missouri.
All quote a passage from the Declaration of Independence that reads "whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government."

Citizens in 21 states ask to secede after Obama re-election - World - Canoe.ca

So 0.0025% of the citizens of Florida want out! How credible can that be, especially when they voted for a loser?

Of course they are!

It's all about the sensationalism, fall on my sword,"I really mean it this time", overly dramatic making of a point.

Like the guy who wants to flip a coin and when that doesn't work go for 2 out of 3.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
My negative was to the post that suggested Canada incorporate certain states re;secession.

I say no, we don't want their mindset here, we have our own imported loons..............

Delusional you are

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Texans are struggling with getting their message out.....................