Christmas 1, Holiday Tree 0

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
In my culture St Nick leaves magic mushrooms under your tree. The ripped version of putting gifts under it is disappointing. I want the shrooms so I too can fly in a sleigh pulled by ruminants.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
A Christmas tree is simply not a religious symbol. Nor is Merry Christmas a religious blessing. I wouldn't be put out if some said "Happy Holidays" to me, because it's the same thing basically.

They can say whatever they want to me. I'll return whichever version of it they use on me. Anyone who gets annoyed over semantics really needs to get a life.

Personally I do my best to ignore xmas. Not because of my lack of belief but because it was always a horrible time of year when I was a kid. I dont really have anything positive to associate with it. But outside of the home if someone says Merry Xmas or Happy Holidays I consider it to be the same as if they were saying Hi any other time of year, not as some sort of insult like some on both sides of the issue seem to take it.

In my culture St Nick leaves magic mushrooms under your tree.

Might be able to get some sort of religious exemption for that. :p

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
They can say whatever they want to me. I'll return whichever version of it they use on me. Anyone who gets annoyed over semantics really needs to get a life.

Personally I do my best to ignore xmas. Not because of my lack of belief but because it was always a horrible time of year when I was a kid. I dont really have anything positive to associate with it. But outside of the home if someone says Merry Xmas or Happy Holidays I consider it to be the same as if they were saying Hi any other time of year, not as some sort of insult like some on both sides of the issue seem to take it.

Not that you have to, but you can make the holiday season into anything you want it to be. You don't have to let childhood experiences dictate how you view the rest of your life.

Just saying.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
A Christmas tree is simply not a religious symbol. Nor is Merry Christmas a religious blessing. I wouldn't be put out if some said "Happy Holidays" to me, because it's the same thing basically.

I'm also fine if people give that greeting to me, it's only when it's forced upon me that I find it irksome.

Those look quite tasty.;)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

:p

I'm sorry that you have such sad memories of Xmas, but why not turn it into a positive, like give a turkey to a hungry family or shovel a senior's driveway?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Not that you have to, but you can make the holiday season into anything you want it to be. You don't have to let childhood experiences dictate how you view the rest of your life.

Just saying.

Thats true. Maybe someday. We'll see what happens.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
In America the place is going to hell in a handbasket and they are fighting over
the name of a holiday. I think the real problem is Albinos they seem to stare at
things with pink eyes and it changes the intent of the holiday. We cannot blame
immigrants or other religions but there are very few Albino's so we could pick on
them for quite awhile before the politically correct people catch on. Albinos are
really too white anyway aren't they?

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'm sorry that you have such sad memories of Xmas, but why not turn it into a positive, like give a turkey to a hungry family or shovel a senior's driveway?

Not a bad idea.

New flash for you, Petros, there's about 308 of them that are useless! -:)

With another 25 or so on the way after the next election. :p

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
New flash for you, Petros, there's about 308 of them that are useless! -:)
Mine is a kid who is so useless he made speaker of the house. There isn't a more useless job than being the speaker.

Come to my house for Christmas. You stagger away pissed drunk, stoned, smiling and 20lbs heavier.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Happy "Dies Natalis Solis Invicti"!
Spruce trees and spruce boughs? Bah! Goddamn Druids spoiling a good Roman festival!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Good to see good old right wing common sense prevailing over left wing stupidity and intolerance.