China’s dirty emissions creeping into the US

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Not only the smog but the other pollution which constitutes the planned obsolescence nightmare of shoddy consumer goods. I wanna buy one anything that will last me forever. I think that's why I dig knives so much....you buy a good one and unless you lose it or do something stupid it may well outlive you.

Imagine the shape our economy'd be in if everything we bought lasted forever.

Simple Man

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2013
North of ordinary
Imagine the shape our economy'd be in if everything we bought lasted forever.
Well....that leads into a whole other problem, money. Why should the pursuit of money and the hoarding of it dictate that resources available to our species be pissed away by manufacturing crap made to break so that a few big dogs get fat on the backs of little dogs fighting over scraps. Imagine living on a planet where there would be no need for an "economy". Rumour has it there's lot's to go around.....but only if ya gots da money. Imagine living as a species....one species. Further imagine that there is no money and that we would have evolved into a system wherein "credit" was a reflection of the good you do in this world rather than your power to borrow and pay back money that you have hoarded. Janitors would be rich and sick fvkks that hoard things on the backs of people with little choice....often people more deserving of "credit"...would be vilified

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Well....that leads into a whole other problem, money. Why should the pursuit of money and the hoarding of it dictate that resources available to our species be pissed away by manufacturing crap made to break so that a few big dogs get fat on the backs of little dogs fighting over scraps. Imagine living on a planet where there would be no need for an "economy". Rumour has it there's lot's to go around.....but only if ya gots da money. Imagine living as a species....one species. Further imagine that there is no money and that we would have evolved into a system wherein "credit" was a reflection of the good you do in this world rather than your power to borrow and pay back money that you have hoarded. Janitors would be rich and sick fvkks that hoard things on the backs of people with little choice....often people more deserving of "credit"...would be vilified

Gee, I never thought of that.

Oh, wait. Yes I did. The first forty thousand times I heard John Lennon's "Imagine."

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yet it made no impact....did it?
You plot a path from here to your ideal state, I might give it a try.

But probably not. Thus far, all the people I've met with plans to get to heaven, in this life or after, are liars, fools, or delusional.

Still, always ready to listen with an open mind.

Simple Man

Electoral Member
Feb 20, 2013
North of ordinary

But probably not. Thus far, all the people I've met with plans to get to heaven, in this life or after, are liars, fools, or delusional.

Not talking about trying to get into heaven.....we all build our own versions of heaven or hell right here every day. I'm talking about a system of "credit". This means assuming we had evolved into a system that your credit is a reflection of your daily activity or the resultant impact of your activity. If you're the kind of person that gets his jollies by taping animals mouths shut and it comes to light then you're gonna pay in that your ability to "purchase" is handicapped by the fact that your credit is poor. On the other hand the person that has given of themselves and made a contribution to some endeavour that is inherently good and benefits others in some way then your credit rating reflects that and you can afford to have your kids attend college.

Where I live there are 450 people. I am on an advisory board that represents the local populace to the government. Our chair is a man that has given himself to this community for decades. Fire cheif, ski coach, always there to help, always pitching in always sacrificing his time for other people. He is also a contractor and has a desire to lead a more or less simple life. In my view his selflessness negatively impacts his economic status so he is always living close to the bone and there is no pension in his future. His dad was much the same type of personality...who died with not much to spread around.

I know other men who are driven by money and are good at it. They take advantage of people at times to further their position and while they may provide some employment and do good in that way they are by and large much more cynical and uncaring...but they have a lot of money and show it by their lifestyle which is replete with all the excess that goes with it.....money being no object.

In my mind the situation is backwards. In my mind the former is the rich man and should not have to struggle as he does. He should see society provide for him in his later years rather than be faced with the prospect of a repeat of his father's final days, which were not all that pretty even though he was very giving of himself also.

I don't have the system but I feel I know the current model will not stand in reference to our wisdom as a species and the threat we represent to ourselves and the planet.

All things are cyclic. All things live and one day die....except money and corporations. These are the problem....to me.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Well then you should obviously frequent different speak easys where you will eventually find a better a class of people