China warns the US.....

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC
RE: China warns the US...

China OWNS Taiwan it's their territory. If their is a revolt within their territory they will be forced to put it down. That's THEIR business. Not Georgie's business. I''d rather see Taiwan as a free state myself but that has has nothing to do with anything because it's really not any of my beeswax.

The world does not always work the way we want it to work and it's time that George and his neocon buddies learned that.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
It's not science, Rev.

It's cobbled together with bandaids of bias, prejudice,guesses, rumor, lost records, hearsay, unreliable witness accounts, mistakes, over-reactions in a highly charged moment.

When you get down to the devilish mechanics of counting and piecing together a pool of blood, you got the kind of ersatz science, the God to whom you kneel before.

You are no more a fair broker about the numbers than am I.

And China owns Taiwan?

Hooboy, try that imperious nonsense with a tax paying Taiwanese citizen. They'll just look at you.

And maybe you'll just look back in that pregnant pause like Homer Simpson staring and then blinking his eyes, a moment of eternity.

LOL !!

How little we know each other.
How much we think we do.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: China warns the US...

Cant link to Reuters so I posted whole article.

BEIJING (Reuters) - Senegal resumed diplomatic ties with China on Tuesday after a 10-year break, a coup for Beijing as it seeks to diplomatically isolate Taiwan, the self-ruled island it claims as its own.

"The government of Senegal recognises that there is only one China in the world," the two countries said in a joint statement after Chinese State Councillor Tang Jiaxuan met Senegalese Foreign Minister Cheikh Tidiane Gadio in Beijing.

"The government of the People's Republic of China is the sole legal government representing all of China and Taiwan is an integral part of Chinese territory," said the communique.

China's Xinhua news agency quoted Tang as saying the move paved the way for China and Senegal to carry out "extensive cooperation in bilateral and international affairs".

China's demand for raw materials to feed its booming growth has meant it has been pushing hard for trade and investment opportunities in resource-rich Africa.

The move is a blow to Taiwan's bid for international recognition.

Without Senegal, an impoverished former French colony in West Africa, Taiwan will have only 25 allies left, many of them small Caribbean and Pacific Island nations.

Taiwan Foreign Ministry spokesman Michel Lu said the island had decided to cut ties with Dakar and had immediately suspended all aid.

"We strongly protest and condemn China's move. We will continue to seek the international recognition we deserve to protect our dignity and sovereignty," Lu told a news conference.

Beijing and Taipei have been political rivals since Mao Zedong's communists drove the Nationalists from the mainland when they swept to civil war victory in 1949.

China sees Taiwan as a breakaway province that must be brought back into the fold, by force if necessary.

The rivals accuse each other of dollar diplomacy, buying diplomatic allies with soft loans and aid.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Like I've said China is a communist country and will use force on its own people .I'm tired of the bullshit line that there capatalists therefore there great and we shouldn't worry about them :roll: Ask somebody from Taiwan how they feel about the constant threats from communist China .

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
China has the new Russian "sunburn" ship to ship missile that is probably the best out there. The U.S. fleet would last about fifteen minutes. Unfortunately that would also signal the start of WW3

GL Schmitt

Electoral Member
Mar 12, 2005
Ontario
Ocean Breeze said:
. . . Gen Zhu was speaking at a function for foreign journalists organised, in part, by the Chinese government. . . .
Oh, come on!

This was not even a diplomatic level warning.

This was public relations posturing, not a specific threat.

Surely China has a right to make its position clear before the US provokes an incident, no matter how much you may dislike or disagree with that warning's content?

And, why should they not mention their nuclear weapons? After all, it was that fecking moron Bush who famously put nuclear weapons "back on the table."