China Passes anti -secession law

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
How do you think the RIGHT will feel voting for Hillary?

I don't think they will. I don't think they'll vote for Rice either though. Therefore Hillary would win.

I am considered Right of Center.

No, really? :roll:

I think the last thing on anyones mind is if Republicans would get re-elected in a shooting war with the Chinese! Talk about trivializing! lol... A defensive war in the Taiwan Straight is much different than a land war in China. The US would never land on China's beaches. But we sure would sink a lot of their ships and planes. And THAT my friend is what China will need to do. Cross 120 miles of water buzzing with Bombs, Missles, and Torpedoes.

So it sounds as if you would be all for a Chinese Invasion. I mean if we helped Taiwan defend itself we would be in the wrong. The spread of CHinese Communism is a good thing? If we were to help them fight would it be illegal? Would a Chinese Invasion be legal and sanctioned by the UN?

You're missing the point, in fact you're missing all the points. China can destroy your economy. You them a huge amount of money and need them to lend you more. Europe likes trading with China, so they aren't going to help you out. The Middle East likes selling oil to China. They'll stay mostly neutral, but with your economy failing will almost certainly switch to the Euro. China has a real military and will fight back, so you will take heavy casualties. China also has nukes, so you can forget about thinking you've got an ace in the hole there.

A war with China would rip away the chance of election of anybody in the Bush administration as a result. You can pretend that doesn't matter, but politicians do things for political reasons. There is no political reason to destroy the US economy over a land far, far away. That doesn't mean that the Bush administration isn't too short-sighted to understand that, but it does mean that they won't get a lot of political support outside of their inner circle.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Re: RE: China Passes anti -secession law

EagleSmack said:
How do you think the RIGHT will feel voting for Hillary? I think Condi's chances against Hillary are pretty good. I myself would vote for Rice over Clinton anyday. I am considered Right of Center.

**Edited false accusation that Eaglesmack tried to sneak into the middle of a post**

I think the last thing on anyones mind is if Republicans would get re-elected in a shooting war with the Chinese! Talk about trivializing! lol... A defensive war in the Taiwan Straight is much different than a land war in China. The US would never land on China's beaches. But we sure would sink a lot of their ships and planes. And THAT my friend is what China will need to do. Cross 120 miles of water buzzing with Bombs, Missles, and Torpedoes.

So it sounds as if you would be all for a Chinese Invasion. I mean if we helped Taiwan defend itself we would be in the wrong. The spread of CHinese Communism is a good thing? If we were to help them fight would it be illegal? Would a Chinese Invasion be legal and sanctioned by the UN?

Geez I forgot what I wrote!

Hey what part of Canada are you from?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I think a shooting war with China will do a lot more. I do not feel that China would be able to get across the straight. If they could, they would have. If Taiwan was connected to the Mainland this would be moot.

China will not invade Taiwan. They know the cost.

But you didnt answer half of my questions. Would you support a Chinese Invasion? Would you oppose it with HALF of the energy that you oppose Iraqi Freedom?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Re: RE: China Passes anti -se

Reverend Blair said:
It says Winnipeg right there under my name. If you come to visit bring Marlboros.

Oh... I see it now

We ought to call you the "Butcher of Winnipeg" because of all the editing you do of my post!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
But you didnt answer half of my questions. Would you support a Chinese Invasion? Would you oppose it with HALF of the energy that you oppose Iraqi Freedom?

That's because your questions are inane. No I wouldn't support a Chinese invasion. Yes I would oppose it in the same way I opposed the illegal invasion of Iraq. Were you opposing the Taliban and al Qaeda for their treatment of women and their destruction of ancient relics before 9-11?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You bet I was! I love archeology and it was a shame when the Twin Buddahs were blown to bits. I remember the world community trying to save them. It was all for naught... the Buddahs were blown to bits.

The Taliban even filmed it for all the world to see what they think of history, archeology, and other cultures.

And the awful pictures of women getting beaten and shot in the head. The film of a woman being beaten unmercifully at a market because her ankles showed. I guess she wasn't "covering her jewels" enough.

A great line from the Minister about the use of a Soccer Stadium as a place of Execution....

"When the world provides us with more funds to build a suitable place of execution... We will stop using the (Soccer) Stadium."

Classic eh!

But hey.... that is what they said was required by Sha'ria Law. The same goes for any Canadian Monuments. They would not listen to reason.

Get my point now?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Reverend Blair said:
George Bush gave them money after that, little buddy.

WHAAAAAAT!

LMAO

Have you lost your mind! For real...?!

lol

"Mr. Minister... on behalf of the US Govt. we would like to present you with this check to build a better place of execution." :lol: :lol:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: China Passes anti -se

Look it up. He gave them funding for the war against drugs because they eradicated the poppy fields. Now that the Taliban are gone, the poppy fields are back.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Reverend Blair said:
Look it up. He gave them funding for the war against drugs because they eradicated the poppy fields. Now that the Taliban are gone, the poppy fields are back.

So we should have the Taliban back?

There was a report done on the poppy industry in Afghanistan during the Taliban reign. Originally the Taliban cracked down on the Poppy Industry. However when they saw how much money they were making the Taliban kept it hush hush and allowed some growers to continue growing poppies on the condition that money was given to the Taliban Govt.

So what you are saying is not quite accurate.

ElPolaco

Electoral Member
Nov 5, 2004
Fruita, CO, Aztlan
www.spec-tra.com

EagleSmack said:
A great line from the Minister about the use of a Soccer Stadium as a place of Execution....

"When the world provides us with more funds to build a suitable place of execution... We will stop using the (Soccer) Stadium."

Classic eh!

Just a blast from past. Remember when the US suppported junta in Chile was using the soccer stadium for mass executions? Another example of the US "concern" for "freedom".

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

ElPolaco said:
EagleSmack said:

Classic eh!

Just a blast from past. Remember when the US suppported junta in Chile was using the soccer stadium for mass executions? Another example of the US "concern" for "freedom".

Well I just googled and searched for this "Soccer Stadium" you talk about. I can't find it anywhere.

Regardless...

The point was not that executions were happening at a stadium it was that the Taliban Ministry of Information told the reporter with a straight face...

"We lack funds. When the world community donates funds so that we can build a proper place of execution we will stop using the stadium."

But Taliban executions are better than Chilean executions right? That is what you are saying...is it?

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

There was a report done on the poppy industry in Afghanistan during the Taliban reign. Originally the Taliban cracked down on the Poppy Industry. However when they saw how much money they were making the Taliban kept it hush hush and allowed some growers to continue growing poppies on the condition that money was given to the Taliban Govt.

What I'm saying perfectly accurate. George Bush gave the Taliban money for eradicating the poppy crop. After the US took over Afghanistan the farmers started planting poppies again.

I never said anything about wanting the Taliban back. I never said anything about whether there were poppies being grown under their protection. You said those things in an attempt to deflect the fact that your president gave money to a terrorist regime.

Well I just googled and searched for this "Soccer Stadium" you talk about. I can't find it anywhere.

Must not be looking very hard. Harvard
UNC
Common Dreams

There are pages of this on Google.

The point was not that executions were happening at a stadium it was that the Taliban Ministry of Information told the reporter with a straight face...

No, the point is that you have problem with executions and human rights abuses when it suits the puposes of your political elites. They say Henry Kissinger almost crapped his drawers when he heard Pinochet was going on trial.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
60% of the worlds opium supply is coming out of afghanistan since the Us moved .Iwonder how much are guys are looking the other way too?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Reverend Blair said:

What I'm saying perfectly accurate. George Bush gave the Taliban money for eradicating the poppy crop. After the US took over Afghanistan the farmers started planting poppies again.

I never said anything about wanting the Taliban back. I never said anything about whether there were poppies being grown under their protection. You said those things in an attempt to deflect the fact that your president gave money to a terrorist regime.

Must not be looking very hard. Harvard
UNC
Common Dreams

There are pages of this on Google.

No, the point is that you have problem with executions and human rights abuses when it suits the puposes of your political elites. They say Henry Kissinger almost crapped his drawers when he heard Pinochet was going on trial.

Hey the first article marked Harvard was good. It was funny how the Harvard Intern tried to tell a Chilean her history.

Those liberal Harvard white folk know better than they do right? What does a Chilean know about Chilean History! :lol:

Eee Gads! Did I read that many people supported Pinochet in his article! Yes I did... I Did! They said he brought order. They also viewed plaques with names of people who were killed by Leftist.

Boy Rev... in your haste to prove me wrong you have been just supporting me. Thanks for the help little buddy! :lol:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

You claimed you couldn't find anything about a soccer stadium in Chile being used for executions. I found three articles for you in no time flat. The implication is that you were afraid to look or are too inept to use Google on even the most basic level.

The truth about Chile is the CIA helped overthrow a democratically elected government and replaced it with a brutal regime. They supplied aid and logistical support for people being tortured and murdered.

You'll notice that I posted a variety of articles though. That's because, unlike you, I am unafraid of the facts.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Just exactly like that. He scares the hell out of them not just because of his friends in South America, but because of his work in OPEC.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Reverend Blair said:
You claimed you couldn't find anything about a soccer stadium in Chile being used for executions. I found three articles for you in no time flat. The implication is that you were afraid to look or are too inept to use Google on even the most basic level.

The truth about Chile is the CIA helped overthrow a democratically elected government and replaced it with a brutal regime. They supplied aid and logistical support for people being tortured and murdered.

You'll notice that I posted a variety of articles though. That's because, unlike you, I am unafraid of the facts.

lol.... Did you look at your second and third links? It doesn't say anything about MASS EXECUTIONS AT A CHILE SOCCER STADIUM.

As a matter of fact... the second and third links you posted are the same! The hyper links at the bottom, well 3 out of 4 are broken and you are calling me inept! :lol:

C'mon little guy... get yourself squared away would you!