China Lies On Emissions Report

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
When the Chinese go to these conferences and have to deal with their Western counterparts, I would bet the first thing that comes to mind is this...

"What fools."

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
But wait...

“China is making a lot of effort and is actually getting quite proactive these days compared to six years ago in Copenhagen. Part of the reason is that they realise that their emissions portfolio is undergoing a fundamental change and that is working in their favour. That gives them the confidence … [to act] in a more positive way.”

I tell you... you simply can't make this up.
My head hurts. Whoever came up with that crap is the Nadia Comaneci of mental gymnastics.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
What is wrong with burning coal? Nothing if the emissions are captured and used for other things rather than wasting the emissions by scooting it out of exhaust structures into the air.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Canada's biggest exports to China are natural resources.

Britain's biggest exports to China are road vehicles; medicinal and pharmaceutical products; power generating machinery/equipment; metalliferous ores and scrap metal; and general industrial machinery, equipment and parts.

Yeah well if you'll take the trouble to read the economic news you will discover a sharp slump in those exports.