Che was a good guy, really.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Colpy I do stand corrected, I was actually making a dentist appointment when I
made that statement, a slip he was an MD.
He actually warned the military and others not to be in Havana when he arrived
or he would execute all those above the rank of Sgt. Not that that was a wise
decision but he did warn them. He was a Commie but at first Fidel was not
necessarily so. His brother was though.
Cuba will be Communist for a long time to come. Those thugs in Florida are in a
good place, They were among the ruling class that kept the peasants in poverty
and no wonder they fled they would have to earn their keep.
Like I said I don't like the communist system but Che and Castro did improve the
lives of ordinary people from what they were. The reason Che was sent to South
America by Castro was to make sure he did not turn on Fidel.
Che will live in the shadow of histories myth forever. Some is truth and some is
fiction to be sure. When referring to mass murder Batista was far worse than
Castro and Che ever were.
Oh and in addition to not liking communism, I think the capitalist system is a failure
as well. There are a lot of thugs on both sides of the fence.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You are completely correct there!

An egotistical, murderous moron.........

Custer was egotistical and he did make a HUGE mistake at the Little Big Horn. But he was hardly a moron. I know it is PC today to say he was a murderous moron because he was fighting and ultimately defeated by Native Americans.

However in the US Civil War he was a very capable Cavalry commander and kept an even greater Confederate Cavalry Commander (Jeb Stuart) from getting behind the Union troops at Gettysburg. He took a smaller and less capable force of Union horsemen right up against the Rebel Cavalry and stopped them behind Union Lines.

But he was a reckless and paid dearly when he under estimated the strength of the allied Indian forces and attacked them near the Little Big Horn River.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Custer was egotistical and he did make a HUGE mistake at the Little Big Horn. But he was hardly a moron. I know it is PC today to say he was a murderous moron because he was fighting and ultimately defeated by Native Americans.

However in the US Civil War he was a very capable Cavalry commander and kept an even greater Confederate Cavalry Commander (Jeb Stuart) from getting behind the Union troops at Gettysburg. He took a smaller and less capable force of Union horsemen right up against the Rebel Cavalry and stopped them behind Union Lines.

But he was a reckless and paid dearly when he under estimated the strength of the allied Indian forces and attacked them near the Little Big Horn River.

You could argue this all day, without conclusion, but here is my three-line opinion of the man:

He was consistently over-the-edge aggressive, with complete confidence in his own infallibility.

He got away with it a couple of times.

He didn't at Little Big Horn.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
You could argue this all day, without conclusion, but here is my three-line opinion of the man:

He was consistently over-the-edge aggressive, with complete confidence in his own infallibility.

He got away with it a couple of times.

He didn't at Little Big Horn.

Not too much to argue about there. Especially with lines 1 and 3. Line 2, well he got away with it quite a bit. His aggressiveness during the Civil War was exactly what was needed. Up till then it was Confederate cavalry aggressiveness that was making the Union cavalry truly look like morons. Custer and then Sheridan pretty much got fed up with the Reb Cavalry and made them a specific target and ended that nonsense.

At Little Big Horn he blundered monumentally. Not only did he divide his force in the face of overwhelming numbers he divided it yet again and went on the attack.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
But as we saw with Russia,the commies took control and i think hijacked the cause for their own agenda.
Right Left all want to screw the people,its impossible to have a center.
Of course not. It is and always has been about divide and conquer. The ruling class will not allow people to agree on anything. It is not in their best interests. Meanwhile, the sheeple fight over right and left politics while the ruling class fleeces them.

Redmonton_Rebel

Electoral Member
May 13, 2012
Colpy I do stand corrected, I was actually making a dentist appointment when I
made that statement, a slip he was an MD.
He actually warned the military and others not to be in Havana when he arrived
or he would execute all those above the rank of Sgt. Not that that was a wise
decision but he did warn them. He was a Commie but at first Fidel was not
necessarily so. His brother was though.
Cuba will be Communist for a long time to come. Those thugs in Florida are in a
good place, They were among the ruling class that kept the peasants in poverty
and no wonder they fled they would have to earn their keep.
Like I said I don't like the communist system but Che and Castro did improve the
lives of ordinary people from what they were. The reason Che was sent to South
America by Castro was to make sure he did not turn on Fidel.
Che will live in the shadow of histories myth forever. Some is truth and some is
fiction to be sure. When referring to mass murder Batista was far worse than
Castro and Che ever were.
Oh and in addition to not liking communism, I think the capitalist system is a failure
as well. There are a lot of thugs on both sides of the fence.

damngrumpy for PM!

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
WOW!

I've been getting thumbs down from the lefties for failing to drop to my knees before a portrait of His Holiness, Mr Guevara.

Here I thought I was being even-handed, considering him to be human, neither monster nor hero, simply deluded.

A devout and sincere High Priest of the religious cult of Marxism.

An admirer of the Chinese Revolution, that murdered at least 50 million people.

Might I suggest you dummies read up on the guy??

I suggest Che Guevara: A Revolutionary Life by Jon Lee Anderson.

It has many pages and long words, so you may need to focus and buy a dictionary.

You also might want to read the Che diaries....look for the older version, which is a translation without fawning comment by his admirers.

I read the latter when I was 17. The former last year.

It would be REALLY nice if you knew who you were so in awe of....lol

BTW, I don't get all bent out of shape over reddies, please feel free. But in this case, it was just silly!!! lol

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
If you want to understand Che, watch "The Motorcycle Diaries" or read his book on Guerrilla Warfare.

Guerrilla Warfare By Che Guevara | Free eBooks Download – EBOOKEE! « Capitalism « The Che Guevara Site | Ernesto Che Guevara

BTW, Che could have been a rich doctor, but he gave up a life of luxury and privilege to fight cruel dictators and help the impoverished, sick and oppressed.

Che Quotes:

I knew that the moment the great governing spirit strikes the blow to divide all humanity into just two opposing factions, I would be on the side of the common people.

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

I am not a liberator. Liberators do not exist. The people liberate themselves.

The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.

One has to grow hard but without ever losing tenderness.

As he was about to be executed:

"I knew you were going to shoot me; I should never have been taken alive. Tell Fidel that this failure does not mean the end of the revolution, that it will triumph elsewhere. Tell Aleida to forget this, remarry and be happy, and keep the children studying. Ask the soldiers to aim well."