CBC only needs $400M to go Ad Free!!!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Do they? There is no shortage of funding or charity to help them. They choose to live in the raw by choosing dope or cigarettes over housing. F-ck them.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
I occasionally listen to Ontario Today and As It Happens but I have never heard a commercial other than promoting another CBC show...

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Ads on RadioTwo were dropped in August.

One or Two?

I don't know. Whatever you get in a car. I usually pickup 99.1 out of Toronto but when I go north of Orillia I pick up the Parry Sound feed ....

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
A licence fee is charged to the Brits to fund BBC, but it is being criticized as old and no longer relevant in this age of multi stream and multi-channel. It makes no sense there and would make even less sense here. CBC needs to maintain it's own manner of funding; Ads or whatever they are doing now. Trying to shove another 'TAX' down our throat by attempting to make believe that $ 400 million is pocket change!! They are panicking and becoming irrelevant, but that is because they are a partisan organization that needs to be replaced.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
"Ad Free" don't you believe it. It dosn't happen even now and it will never happen until the Anglo Zionist Empire is dusted off. Are we to believe our news and information is compiled ,presented and funed by totally non biased communication monks operateing out of a cave in Cape Breaton? The monied interests will not be denied. The CBC has supported every criminal act of the 9/11 perpatrators since that day including all the wars of conquest and murder of civilians. You'll get nothing but slightly more sophisticated ADS. That's the news.

Every item has been meticulosely fact checked they will pitch.Followingthe highest journalistic traditions they will insist.

EU Votes For Citizens To Fund Their Own Brainwashing By Finian Cunningham
EU is potentially holding sway over how 500 million EU citizens will be able to access news and public information. - Continue
=========

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I'd be in favour of it. I've often thought that a government owned media outlet should not be competing with commercial networks like CTV etc. This move would certainly meet with approval from most of the private sector and might even allow the CBC to be a bit more creative in its programming rather than having to cater to producing programs intended to bring in advertising revenue. Besides, any organization that members of the political right find so offensive should probably be supported to the maximum.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
I got a better idea.....cut the bastards off completely.

Jesus ...

"For a mere $400 million, on top of the $1.2 billion we already get, we'll start behaving like a public broadcaster.....maybe"

Phuck you.