CBC - After the Lockout

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Tenpenny, don't you be bad mouthing evan solomon :p ruff ruff...he's gots the mojo :lol: I like his interview with authors, I have read some darn good books via evan solomon...again..ruff ruff :lol: :lol: :lol:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I guess what's showing is my prejudice: books are something you discuss on the radio.....and that's the way I like it. Television isn't capable of an interesting discussion of a complex topic. On TV, you need visuals to go with the audio, so you get constant shots of talking heads. Just give me the audio, if you've got nothing useful to add visually. I want Radio One back, but Newsworld just doesn't appeal to me. Even during elections, I find the coverage just doesn't work for me. So I don't watch it.(Although given that every other channel seems to be obsessing on either tatoos or poker or both, then Newsworld isn't so bad.)

I guess I'm more of a radio guy. I have fond memories of long Friday night drives with Barbara Frum and Alan Maitland. I guess I'm just an grumpy old fart, aren't I? I think I should change my name....Tenpenny, GOF.

Speaking of Barbara Frum, how, how, HOW did she give birth to that thing called David? Could some biologist explain that to me?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Grumpy is good tenpenny :? who wants to be hit in the face with a 100 pounds of sugar :? There will never be another Peter, man I loved that guy!!! He made canada a huge bulletin board. 8)

Last time I watched evan he had Peter Carey, his book, the true history of the kelly gang. Oi! it sounded so good I bought it. It was a great read.
The past is not dead, its not even past---faulkner.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: CBC - After the Locko

You don't actually have to watch it, Ten Penny. A good portion of my television news "watching" is done from the other room with the volume turned up. Sometimes I watch the TV while listening to the radio.

I agree that long drives are best done with CBC Radio 1 turned on. Something that I've noticed in recent years is that the CBC signals coming out of Regina and Winnipeg don't meet anymore. There is almost two hours with no available CBC now. I'm not sure if that has to do with budget cuts or all the towers for cell phones that have gone up, but somebody needs to fix it.