Catholic Church up to their old tricks again

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Yep.

Then, the constitution give special rights to catholics and protestant, not the Charter. Like I said, these "special rights" have been change and, in Québec, it have been completely abolished.

No, they don't apply in Quebec, but still in the Constitution. That makes separate-school policy public policy.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Far be it from me to want to defend the Catholics. I'm not a believer. Moreover, the Catholic clergy has been the most steadfast allies of the English for a hundred years to keep Quebecers in ignorance and servitude.
However, I note that the media are more comfortable criticizing the positions of the Catholic clergy as Jewish, sikh or Muslims representatives

Church wants dumb multipliers to pay tithe. The hard on hate for English (Anglican - aka Protestant) won't help you a bit. You're taking it up the azz from your own

Queb

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2013
Church wants dumb multipliers to pay tithe. The hard on hate for English (Anglican - aka Protestant) won't help you a bit. You're taking it up the azz from your own

I have absolutely no hate for canadians or anglosaxon world. In fact, I have the same respect for canadians than the respect I have for all other Nation on this planet. Fortunately, because I have to work and make business with peoples all over the world, including people from ROC.

But, historical facts are historical facts. Having a good understanding of facts is mandatory to have an intelligent conversation.

No, they don't apply in Quebec, but still in the Constitution. That makes separate-school policy public policy.

it have been amended in the other federated states also... but different ways.

It's up to all governement to manage it the way they want.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I have absolutely no hate for canadians or anglosaxon world. In fact, I have the same respect for canadians than the respect I have for all other Nation on this planet. Fortunately, because I have to work and make business with peoples all over the world, including people from ROC.

But, historical facts are historical facts. Having a good understanding of facts is mandatory to have an intelligent conversation.

it have been amended in the other federated states also... but different ways.

It's up to all governement to manage it the way they want.

But we also need to look beyond history and consider the present. Just to take one example: imagine ATCs and pilots insisting on speaking French over the radio at Trudeau International Airport because of Quebec's history. Historical facts need to be tempered by technical and pragmatic facts too.

Canada signed the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and is a signatory to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. So why do we still have separate schools in Ontario?

Queb

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2013
But we also need to look beyond history and consider the present. Just to take one example: imagine ATCs and pilots insisting on speaking French over the radio at Trudeau International Airport because of Quebec's history. Historical facts need to be tempered by technical and pragmatic facts too.

As long as it's possible to a Québec pilot to communicate in french with the airport.... I don't see any problem with it.

Canada signed the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and is a signatory to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. So why do we still have separate schools in Ontario?

To be honest I don't mind of what happen in Ontario. The canadians should do what they want to do. I don't care.

The secular schools is a demand from the immigrants religious community in Ontario. Not from francophones. It's up to canadians to give it or not.... again, to be honest, it's far to be an issue for me. It's an "all canadians" debate. We got this debate in Québec long time ago.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
As long as it's possible to a Québec pilot to communicate in french with the airport.... I don't see any problem with it.

To be honest I don't mind of what happen in Ontario. The canadians should do what they want to do. I don't care.

The secular schools is a demand from the immigrants religious community in Ontario. Not from francophones. It's up to canadians to give it or not.... again, to be honest, it's far to be an issue for me. It's an "all canadians" debate. We got this debate in Québec long time ago.

So you want to be a part of a country that violates the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights?

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
frick...
I come from the only town in Ontario, possibly in Canada, that has the catholics as it's public school board
and the protestants are the separate school board...
It's effed up too...explains why the principle industry in town is a major mental health center, I guess.

See...priests and witch doctors..side by side...cats and dogs, living together.
they also had the highest per capita drug and alcohol consumption records for Ontario for many years too...Lol

not sure what came first

Firstly, St Albert Alberta was that way many years ago, secondly, same thing in many native communities.

Queb

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2013
So you want to be a part of a country that violates the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights?

I am not sure that we can say that it is violates the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights but, yes, I don't really mind is it's in the ROC or in any other country.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I am not sure that we can say that it is violates the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights but, yes, I don't really mind is it's in the ROC or in any other country.

The UNHCHR has officially stated that the separate school system violated the non-discriminaton provision of the ICCPR.

Queb

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2013
The UNHCHR has officially stated that the separate school system violated the non-discriminaton provision of the ICCPR.

Ok

I don't know who/what are UNHCHR and ICCPR... but.... that's the problem of the ROC... if it's a problem. I don't care.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Ok

I don't know who/what are UNHCHR and ICCPR... but.... that's the problem of the ROC... if it's a problem. I don't care.

UN High Commission for Human Rights and the International Convention on Civil and Political Rights.

Also, the ICCPR does not distinguish between provinces, or Quebec or Ontario. Its official criticisim is always against the state, Canada and so reflects badly on Quebec too. In the same way, when the UNHCCPR had criticized parts of BIll 101 for violating the ICCPR, it did not criticize Quebec for it, but Canada, again, making all of Canada look bad.

Queb

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2013
UN High Commission for Human Rights and the International Convention on Civil and Political Rights.

Also, the ICCPR does not distinguish between provinces, or Quebec or Ontario. Its official criticisim is always against the state, Canada and so reflects badly on Quebec too. In the same way, when the UNHCCPR had criticized parts of BIll 101 for violating the ICCPR, it did not criticize Quebec for it, but Canada, again, making all of Canada look bad.

Canada is a federation. I am sure that they know that at UN. If they don't.... I do.

Now, I can't tell how bad is this "blame" because I am not aware of this affair... and like I said, I have no interest in it as long as I don't feel concerned by this.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Who the fu ck cares, the unhchr has no credibility and go fu ck themselves.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
The Charter of Rights and Freedoms has been a disaster.. and has fomented a judicial tyranny in this country.. by an arrogant and completely unaccountable SCOC.. which has declared itself to be a law unto itself.

The Catholic Church, providing you discern exactly what it's message is through its opaque political bureacracy and mixed messages, and by way of its dogmas on faith, liberty and morals..in fact offers the only path to true freedom.. the Way, the Truth and the Life.

That is something that Justin Trudeau, our drooling dolt of a PM and the arch 'post' Catholic politician has nary an inkling of understanding.

Last edited:

Queb

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2013
The Charter of Rights has been a disaster.. and has fomented a judicial tyranny in this country.. by an arrogant and completely unaccountable SCOC.. which has declared itself to be a law unto itself.

The Catholic Church, providing you discern exactly what it's message is through its opaque political bureacracy and mixed messages, and by way of its dogmas on faith, liberty and morals..in fact offers the only path to true freedom.. the Way, the Truth and the Light.

That is something that Justin Trudeau, our drooling dolt of a PM and the arch 'post' Catholic politician has nary an inkling of understanding.

I agree

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
theoriticly yes... :)

but no... it's not what I mean...

sorry, a should precise that I agree that the Charter is a complete desaster.

Everyone from the far right to the far left, Quebec sovereignists, indigenous people, federalists, world federalists, religionists and secularists with half a brain can agree to that. And people say Canadians can't find something to agree on! :)

Everyone from the far right to the far left, Quebec sovereignists, indigenous people, federalists, world federalists, religionists and secularists with half a brain can agree to that. And people say Canadians can't find something to agree on! :)

The problem is to find agreement on its revision.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Does anyone know what this thread was supposed to be about?

Is it that they won't perform last rites and funerals for Dr assisted suicides or something lse?

Queb

Electoral Member
Jun 23, 2013

Quebecers and canadians agree on this but for opposite reason most of the time ;-)

It's like Charlottetown agreement :)

i have been told that were canadians and Quebecers share the same point of view is about the shoes removing in the house.