Capitalism will save this world

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms

Section 6 - Mobility Rights

Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in, and leave, Canada.
Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right:
to move to, and take up residence in, any province, and
to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.
The rights specified in subsection (2) are subject to:
any laws or practices of general application in force in a province other than those that discriminate among persons primarily on the basis of province of present or previous residence; and
any laws providing for reasonable residency requirements as a qualification for the receipt of publicly provided social services.
Subsections (2) and (3) do not preclude any law, program or activity that has as its object the amelioration in a province of conditions of individuals in that province who are socially or economically disadvantaged if the rate of employment in that province is below the rate of employment in Canada.
Section 6 protects the right of Canadians to move from place to place, and section 6(1) ensures that all Canadian citizens are free to come and go as they please. Extradition laws place some limits on these rights. These laws state that persons in Canada who face criminal charges or punishment in another country may be ordered to return to that country.

Section 6(2) gives all Canadian citizens and permanent residents the right to move to, and live in, any province or territory. They may also look for work or set up a business there. Section 6(3) makes clear that provinces may decide to give social benefits, such as welfare, only to persons who have lived in the province for a certain period of time. They may also pass employment laws that require workers to have the necessary qualifications to practice their profession or trade.

In addition, section 6(4) allows a province that has an employment rate below the national average to create programs that favour its own residents.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms

Section 6 - Mobility Rights

Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in, and leave, Canada.
Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right:
to move to, and take up residence in, any province, and
to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.
The rights specified in subsection (2) are subject to:
any laws or practices of general application in force in a province other than those that discriminate among persons primarily on the basis of province of present or previous residence; and
any laws providing for reasonable residency requirements as a qualification for the receipt of publicly provided social services.
Subsections (2) and (3) do not preclude any law, program or activity that has as its object the amelioration in a province of conditions of individuals in that province who are socially or economically disadvantaged if the rate of employment in that province is below the rate of employment in Canada.
Section 6 protects the right of Canadians to move from place to place, and section 6(1) ensures that all Canadian citizens are free to come and go as they please. Extradition laws place some limits on these rights. These laws state that persons in Canada who face criminal charges or punishment in another country may be ordered to return to that country.

Section 6(2) gives all Canadian citizens and permanent residents the right to move to, and live in, any province or territory. They may also look for work or set up a business there. Section 6(3) makes clear that provinces may decide to give social benefits, such as welfare, only to persons who have lived in the province for a certain period of time. They may also pass employment laws that require workers to have the necessary qualifications to practice their profession or trade.

In addition, section 6(4) allows a province that has an employment rate below the national average to create programs that favour its own residents.

You giving our citizens to many choices and freedom, they will be unhappy.

... Ummm, hate to bring this up, but you in responding directly to my comment, you didn't really ignore it, did you?

No, I'm not saying that.

So what are you saying then?

Less choice is better because it's less stressful to choose from fewer options then from more options, And being stupid helps you pick out the best option when there are to many. ? This is what I've gathered from you so far.

Can you elaborate on this?

So you want a government to limit choices so that your very intelligent brain can decide between fewer choices,?

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
So it's settled, The reason capitalism is hated is it rewards intelligence and stupidity suffers. :lol:

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
You better hope not because I've seen 3-year-olds with better critical thinking skills than you.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
So life is not a series of difficult decisions that you must carefully pick the right options?

What made you arrive at this conclusion?

... Ummm, hate to bring this up, but you in responding directly to my comment, you didn't really ignore it, did you?

Yes, I responded directly to your comment, but you said I responded to the comments between you and Tecumsehsbones. It's not an unreasonable mistake to make. I'm clarifying.

Can you elaborate on this?

No, I think I'll put in the same amount of effort you did explaining your "equation."

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
What made you arrive at this conclusion?"
Life experience, and the rewards and consequences of my decisions.

No, I think I'll put in the same amount of effort you did explaining your "equation."
I'm a analytical mind

Capitalism breeds sociopathic behaviours.

It also breeds innovative gadgets we will one day, need, to save our planet.

Even sociopaths know they can't make money if everyone is dead :lol:

Last edited:

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
Stop repeating the erroneous claim that capitalism fosters innovation, it doesn't. no matter what your bourgie textbook says or a liberal wikipedia article. that's market fundamentalist bull****. all the research that's led to innovations has been done in the public sector, period.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Life experience, and the rewards and consequences of my decisions.

You misunderstand me. I assumed your question was extrapolating from what I wrote, so I'm asking how you made the extrapolation.

See, this is how our conversation has gone.

I say too many consumer choices leads to unhappiness.
You ask if I think intelligence improves one's ability to make these decisions
I said I thought it was the opposite.
(at this point the dialogue derails)
You ask if I would say that means stupidity makes it easier to take multiple choice tests.
I say no.
You ask if life is not a series of decisions.
I ask how you reached that conclusion.

In summary, what I said about consumer choice and happiness has nothing to do with multiple choice tests. It's probably related to making life choice though, but I don't see why we need to go there. We should probably get back to the point.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
You misunderstand me. I assumed your question was extrapolating from what I wrote, so I'm asking how you made the extrapolation.

See, this is how our conversation has gone.

I say too many consumer choices leads to unhappiness.
You ask if I think intelligence improves one's ability to make these decisions
I said I thought it was the opposite.
(at this point the dialogue derails)
You ask if I would say that means stupidity makes it easier to take multiple choice tests.
I say no.
You ask if life is not a series of decisions.
I ask how you reached that conclusion.

In summary, what I said about consumer choice and happiness has nothing to do with multiple choice tests. It's probably related to making life choice though, but I don't see why we need to go there. We should probably get back to the point.

Well I enjoy my endless numbers of variation , and my freedom to pick out the product I prefer the most, and the freedom to change my mind, and try a diffrent one the next time I purchase a item. I really can't see myself being able to master every single profession and building everything I currently own by myself.

Stop repeating the erroneous claim that capitalism fosters innovation, it doesn't. no matter what your bourgie textbook says or a liberal wikipedia article. that's market fundamentalist bull****. all the research that's led to innovations has been done in the public sector, period.

My computer has been built by the public sector? Are you kidding?

I enjoy having a endless selection of wine to chose from and taste with a unlimited variation of cheese. Anyone who can't see how wonderful this is, will never be happy in any situation or system.

Last edited: