Capitalism will save this world

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Most Conservatives help the poor through their churches, through non-profit organizations etc. Even some of the wealthier ones support various charities and start organizations to assist the poor. There are many in my community who have done so. They just don't happen to "advertise" it and simply give because it's the right thing to do. They are able to do so because of Capitalism.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Aside from its theatre of the absurd, Monte Python-esque humorous value, seems like this is a good metaphor for the capitalist views of dealing with pollution and climate change.

.... Unlike the pristine environmental conditions like we see in Chernobyl.

Yes, this is teh model that all societies should strive to emulate

Most Conservatives help the poor through their churches, through non-profit organizations etc. Even some of the wealthier ones support various charities and start organizations to assist the poor. There are many in my community who have done so. They just don't happen to "advertise" it and simply give because it's the right thing to do. They are able to do so because of Capitalism.

Herein lies the difference between those that voluntarily choose to contribute versus the do-gooder mentality that seeks to have gvt mandate 'giving' through the tax system.

As per the post by cliffy that insinuates those that 'have' obviously do not contribute enough because, well, they still 'have' more than he, ass such, they haven't done their part relative to the standard that he's unilaterally set.

France tried this tactic not so long ago in legislating a 75% marginal tax rate on all income over 1 million Euros... The result, those that were making that kind of money left the jurisdiction (or at least incorporated outside France) and with that, all of the tax dollars they paid left as well.

Sh*tty for France because their total tax revenue base shrunk as a result in addition to the job losses that followed with the relocation of the corp entity.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
How many children's hospitals has evil Jimmy Pattison built so far? How many tonnes of food does he give away to Food Banks under the Save On Foods banner?

How about Bill and Melinda Gates giving away billions to fight HIV and immunize children around the Globe?

The Koch guy that recently died was also a philanthropist but people have cheered his death. He was humble and kept it quiet.

Matthew 6:2
So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.

2 Corinthians 9:6-8
Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
As bat shit crazy as you are, that was the first thing that came to mind but there aren't any gold pits in that photo.
The few trees that were left for the next harvest is also a clue it is not that border, every tree would have been taken, for the wood.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Some are like Fuchashima .
Do you want to know what happened there pigs or does technical stuff make you all confused and dizzy?

I'll give you a hint ... your American friends design cheap, nasty, stupid reactor complexes in which emergency core cooling water has to be pumped UP HILL with electric pumps when there is an emergency and the power is out.

Duhhhhh.

Must have been from Kentucky State U.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Cliff, I don't think you know what a Corporation is.
If you think every small business is a corporation, you're the one talking through your hat.

There are three forms of business ownership: sole proprietorship, partnership, and corporation.

The key difference is limited liability. In sole proprietorships and partnerships, all of the owners are liable to the extent of all of their assets. In a corporation, owners (stockholders) are only liable to the extent of their investments in the corporation.

The More You Know. . .

https://www.bdc.ca/en/articles-tool...advantages-different-business-structures.aspx

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Do you want to know what happened there pigs or does technical stuff make you all confused and dizzy?

I'll give you a hint ... your American friends design cheap, nasty, stupid reactor complexes in which emergency core cooling water has to be pumped UP HILL with electric pumps when there is an emergency and the power is out.

Duhhhhh.

Must have been from Kentucky State U.
Do I care ? Blame Trump.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
many many without any help from private donors.

just like the schools
None where I live B.C.Childrens has much private founding as well as a yearly lottery . Why do they need that funding ?