Canadians kicking Taliban A$$

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
The Guardian has quite a bit of news re Afghanistan:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/afghanistan/0,,548335,00.html

Much of this is not pretty and none of this is ever reported by the pro war USA media.

What news are you watching? I seldom see anything but the news reporting our servicemen and women getting killed.

And let one general say he thinks we are losing, and the press are on him like stink on $hit.

I guess perception is reality.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
http://www.canada.com/story.html?id=b6e4b727-e401-42c8-8676-f7e8b040b6f4

The Taliban ain't dead yet. Or, at least, it appears this is another one of their attacks.

Therefore, it would seem that negotiations are a better avenue for peace.

Maybe we could try the Hitler/Chamberlin approach...

"Heres the Sudentenland Herr Fuhrer, please don't attack anyone else..."

"Here's Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, and part of Pakistan, and 1000 jews to do with as you wish, Mohammad, please don't harbor anymore Wahabi fanatics with a penchant for flying holograms into our skyscrapers...."

Yep. That should work out great.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Appeasement or the Chamberlain approach as you call it is what the world is doing now with Bush.

As you know the majority of Americans want the USA to withdraw from that criminal war on Iraq. Polls confirming that view have been provided on this forum enough times to prove the point. Therefore, it is time to withdraw.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Regarding the original topic in this thread, the video of our fine Forces, all I can do is proudly say, (to steal from a Forum that I think is now defunct):

I AM CANADIAN!

Well done, people! Well done.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Regarding the original topic in this thread, the video of our fine Forces, all I can do is proudly say, (to steal from a Forum that I think is now defunct):

I AM CANADIAN!

Well done, people! Well done.

Sadly, there'll always be the usual drama students trolling for their own 15 seconds of fame. But...

I AM CANADIAN TOO! :canada:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Really? Whom precisely did the Taliban invade?

Russia? England? France??

To provide aid and assistance, arms and training areas, and sanctuary to a group that attacks a third party is an act of war.

The Taliban invaded the United States by proxy, on Sept. 11, 2001.

Why do you think NATO invoked the mutual defense clause?

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Appeasement or the Chamberlain approach as you call it is what the world is doing now with Bush.

As you know the majority of Americans want the USA to withdraw from that criminal war on Iraq. Polls confirming that view have been provided on this forum enough times to prove the point. Therefore, it is time to withdraw.

Well, I thought we were talking about the "Graveyard of Empires" Afghanistan.

You won't draw me into a debate over Iraq. I've been there, they don't give a **** about us, and the feeling is mutual.

I say let the fanatics have Iraq. If they get out of hand later, we have plenty of little Hiroshima-makers to deal with them.

And as far as the innocent civilians are concerned, its as much their fault for letting the fanatics into power as it is, according to their rules, us letting Bush into power.

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
Talibani are Afghanis.

How do you reconcile the fact that the Taliban should be able to do whatever they want with Afghanistan, but our own Government shouldn't be allowed to do whatever they want?

Is it your subconcious way of admitting that they really are a 7th century civilization, and can't be expected to do much better than they do?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
To provide aid and assistance, arms and training areas, and sanctuary to a group that attacks a third party is an act of war.

By that reasoning, Reagan's support of the Contras was an act of war for which he should have been impeached and brought to trial. Such prosecutions should include Oliver North.

Of course, it was Reagan who supported the Mujahideen and called them freedom fighters. Today, they are known as the Taliban.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

By that reasoning, Reagan's support of the Contras was an act of war for which he should have been impeached and brought to trial. Such prosecutions should include Oliver North.

Of course, it was Reagan who supported the Mujahideen and called them freedom fighters. Today, they are known as the Taliban.

Haven't you figured it out yet? When the americans do it....it's A-OK cause their shyte don't stink, but if any body else does the same thing............ nuke the bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
How do you reconcile the fact that the Taliban should be able to do whatever they want with Afghanistan

DID YOU BOTHER TO READ WHAT I WROTE???

I specifically said that I wanted negotiations to end all conflicts.

Will you please READ what I write rather than read into it, already????

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
When the americans do it....it's A-OK cause their shyte don't stink, but if any body else does the same thing..

Unfortunately, too many crazed right wingers on this forum feel that way but I assure you that the majority in the USA are rational and want peace with all peoples throughout the world. Every poll that has been taken proves it and we have posted enough of those on this forum already.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
When the americans do it....it's A-OK cause their shyte don't stink, but if any body else does the same thing..

Unfortunately, too many crazed right wingers on this forum feel that way but I assure you that the majority in the USA are rational and want peace with all peoples throughout the world. Every poll that has been taken proves it and we have posted enough of those on this forum already.

and I say B.S.... it's been going on for FAR too long. I'll believe it when I see it.