Canadians are ready for an election NOW!!

crit13

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
Given all the talk of the Liberal minority government being brought down over the sponsorship scandal, when would you like to see the next federal election?

Spring 1417 votes (52 %)

Summer 245 votes (9 %)

Fall 395 votes (15 %)

Next year 644 votes (24 %)

Total Votes: 2701

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Canadians are ready f

I always want an election. I love the spin and the lies and the backstabbing and the acts of outright cowardice. All the surreality of magic mushrooms with the brashness of bennies. It makes me happy. If I could, I'd have an election every day.

Most Canadians don't want an election though, according to most of the polls. It wouldn't accomplish anything, either...Gonzo is right about that.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Out here. I am a fan of talk radio and people seem not to want one as most callers seem to think it will be another Liberal Miniority again, anyways. Thats what will be the result, what people tell pollsters when they call and who they actually vote for, when they are in voting booth are two diferent things. People know Harper is a scary man.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
Let all the Gomery goo come to light. See if Criminal Charges can be brought against Politicians. Tar the Grits but fear the Harpees for they are Bush Babies. No election until we can produce a 3rd qenuine National Party.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
Re: RE: Canadians are ready for an election NOW!!

PoisonPete2 said:
Let all the Gomery goo come to light. See if Criminal Charges can be brought against Politicians. Tar the Grits but fear the Harpees for they are Bush Babies. No election until we can produce a 3rd qenuine National Party.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Pete, you sound like you might be interested in Cosmopolitan party. Give them a Google.

This is not an endorsement, btw. I lost interest in them almost immediately. Everybody needs a home though, or at least a soiled mattress.

crit13

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
The only thing scarier than Harper is knowing that our PM is a thief, a liar and avoids paying Canadian taxes by using offshore ports for his steamship lines. All he needs to do now is kill someone and he'll be perfect.

BAAAA! BAAAA! BAAAAA! as Canadians line up to vote this scum in again.

crit13

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
Where would you like me to begin?

Or are you one of those people that believe that the Minister of Finance could have misplaced 250 million dollars and not know where it went?

Then again, they managed to lose over a Billion dollars under the HRDC fiasco.

Hmmmm

Scape

Electoral Member
Nov 12, 2004
Re: RE: Canadians are ready f

Reverend Blair said:
Pete, you sound like you might be interested in Cosmopolitan party. Give them a Google.

This is not an endorsement, btw. I lost interest in them almost immediately. Everybody needs a home though, or at least a soiled mattress.

That bad eh? I have been looking around myself, anyone seen a decent political platform of any party, in any country, that might be a plausible alternative to what is currently offered here in Canada? This question is not out of cynicism but rather a thirst for diversity. I would like to see a fiscally responsible party that would not sell us out to another country with flimsy trade agreements and not join in lockstep to another countries foreign agenda while not selling out to Unions and becoming nothing more than a legalized mafia. Does such a beasty exist?

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
I don't want an election..but fully expect to be involved in 2 of them shortly[our province has a minority govt and is hanging on by a thread!]We seem to have just cleaned up all those damn billboards,too.

PoisonPete2

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2005
Gonzo said:
What evidence do you have that our current PM is a theif?
I just wonder why the Canadian Government (with Martin as Finance Minister) gave Canadian Steamship Lines (Martin's company) $160,000,000 in 2003. Or is that just good Government?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Re: RE: Canadians are ready f

Scape said:
Reverend Blair said:

That bad eh? I have been looking around myself, anyone seen a decent political platform of any party, in any country, that might be a plausible alternative to what is currently offered here in Canada? This question is not out of cynicism but rather a thirst for diversity. I would like to see a fiscally responsible party that would not sell us out to another country with flimsy trade agreements and not join in lockstep to another countries foreign agenda while not selling out to Unions and becoming nothing more than a legalized mafia. Does such a beasty exist?

The Canadian Action Party is pretty common sense. You might want to google them, too. I like a lot of their stances on critical subjects such as Canadian sovereignty.

Scape

Electoral Member
Nov 12, 2004
Yeah, I ran as a candidate for them in the last federal election. Unfortunately common sense and popularity are not the same thing. Abrogation of NAFTA is not a crowd pleaser to people who think we should owe our existence to the American economy. Reforming the bank of Canada sounds like a lot of rocking the boat to people. It's a good plan having all three levels of government borrow directly from the bank of Canada at 1.5% but there are a lot of people with cash already who are making money off of the private banks making a killing that and don't want ideas like that to get popular.

The world is flat but even that will not put a CAP candidate in every riding if people have never heard of it and they have been around for 10 years now. I think people are comfortable enough with corruption the Liberals provide, let them have it.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
i sure as hell don't want to see a federal election any time soon....i could see having one in the fall at the earliest. we have the provincial elections in may which may provide some sport.