Canadian Content is an Eco-Friendly forum

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
A poll shows most Britons are in favour of fracking.

It shows once again how out-of-touch the enviroMentals are and that they don't live in the real world.

Previous polls and numerous studies enlightening us to the overall average condition of the British citizens mind and body renders their opinions problematic and certainly speaks not at all to the cost benefit analysis of fracking. Now if the poll wanted input about football shorts or the texture of the latest idiot monarchs diaper deliveries then we could certainly consult Britians confidently. The real world is beyond their scope sadly.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I was warned at work the other day about a co-worker returning from mat leave that I had not yet met: "just so you know, she is really green"...great I replied, just so you know I'm not but my footprint is likely smaller than most including hers so I can't wait for her to lecture me". That shut everyone up.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I was warned at work the other day about a co-worker returning from mat leave that I had not yet met: "just so you know, she is really green"...great I replied, just so you know I'm not but my footprint is likely smaller than most including hers so I can't wait for her to lecture me". That shut everyone up.

Tell her to cut down on her breathing thus lowering CO2 levels. Afterall if the nearly 7 billion people all did this it would make a difference.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Tell her to cut down on her breathing thus lowering CO2 levels. Afterall if the nearly 7 billion people all did this it would make a difference.
lol... k, I will pass that on...:lol:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
lol... k, I will pass that on...:lol:

Probably dressed to the nines child- slave labor in India - cell phone- rare earths mined by Chinese in conditions that would sicken a person- and all the other bells and whistles- luv them.
The have no idea of reality and what they would have to give up.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Probably dressed to the nines child- slave labor in India - cell phone- rare earths mined by Chinese in conditions that would sicken a person- and all the other bells and whistles- luv them.

You mean like take away their jets and suv's

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
and therein lies the truth

You mean like take away their jets and suv's
yeah that won't happen but you'd best put that paper in the recycle bin or there will be no end to it...we'll see how that goes

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
yeah that won't happen but you'd best put that paper in the recycle bin or there will be no end to it...we'll see how that goes

You need her to receive a verbal bitch slapping, you know where to find me. I have a special distaste for pretentiousness.....it brings out the uber-bitch, lol.

;)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
You need her to receive a verbal bitch slapping, you know where to find me. I have a special distaste for pretentiousness.....it brings out the uber-bitch, lol.

;)
I have only met her for a few minutes and she brought the baby... I was deeply interested that people felt the need to warn me...there was a pregnant silence after I spoke about my footprint... I am not always good with the recycling thing, I try but I am not a nal...apparently it will draw her fire...the baby is sweet and well dressed..me thinks they didn't walk there and she was wearing high heeled leather boots I noted... lol

****wow apparently that azz part is not to be said either...lol

me thinks it may be selective green...lol

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I have only met her for a few minutes and she brought the baby... I was deeply interested that people felt the need to warn me...there was a pregnant silence after I spoke about my footprint... I am not always good with the recycling thing, I try but I am not a nal...apparently it will draw her fire...the baby is sweet and well dressed..me thinks they didn't walk there and she was wearing high heeled leather boots I noted... lol

I find, generally speaking, the more particular they are, the more selective they are. Take a peek into the parking lot, if she's not driving a Prius, you've got her, lol.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Green- In name only- and not applicable to her.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I find, generally speaking, the more particular they are, the more selective they are. Take a peek into the parking lot, if she's not driving a Prius, you've got her, lol.
lol, my guess is she won't say a word to me, I'd lay money on it in fact, but I will check the lot...better yet if she does speak to me, then I will ask her...I like your approach

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Please keeps us updated on the Green Queen.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
a friend of mine has a daughter who just got hired at the Suzuki Institue I think she got a rude awakening, they may be an eco-friendly bunch but they certainly aren't friendly per se

Please keeps us updated on the Green Queen.
will do... I like that...the Green Queen...if she says something I 'm going to ask her, hm, are you the Green Queen...

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
lol, my guess is she won't say a word to me, I'd lay money on it in fact,

No because now all your co-workers have warned her about you, after your little footprint lecture. LOL.

but I will check the lot...better yet if she does speak to me, then I will ask her...I like your approach

We're assuming the worst here, lol, she may be a lovely person. And sometimes having a baby will completely change your perspective often only because you're too freaking tired to care about anything else, lol.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Dr. Jekyll has returned.

Sounds EXACTLY like a Republican and Conservative.

Well, if you spend your time trying to make Canadians, let alone Americans, truly fit a political profile so you can pigeon hole them, you're gonna have a hard time.

You tell yourself whatever lies you have to to justify your Silverado.

And you tell yourself whatever lies you need, to convince yourself that building a new plant for greener cars, convincing people to toss their silverados into landfills, and buy all new cars, is somehow 'better for the environment' because of some minor emissions and fuel savings.