Canadian Conservative Majority Campaign Thread

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I'm feeling a lot of positive vibes. By the time an election comes around CC will be a conservative majority.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Let's start a campaign to fill the House with independents. Let's just boycott party members. That ought to solve it.
I'm with you on that, Machjo. It's about time people would try something sensible for a change.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Wouldn't it be fun to see a CPC majority? There'd be jobs for everyone:

Yeah....and that'll be in downtown Toronto. :lol:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
That’s a funny game you want to play.

It wasn't a game, I was making the point that many people seem to believe that Harper broke some law by calling an early election. There is no such law.

Those who are complaining about out potential coming election should consider the fact that we are fighting in Afghanistan to give Afghans the chance to vote in an election. Perhaps we should be pleased that we have that chance ourselves.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
It wasn't a game, I was making the point that many people seem to believe that Harper broke some law by calling an early election. There is no such law.

Those who are complaining about out potential coming election should consider the fact that we are fighting in Afghanistan to give Afghans the chance to vote in an election. Perhaps we should be pleased that we have that chance ourselves.

Aren't you the one being confused? I think most people realize that he didn't break any law, but he had promised to make such a law. Thereby breaking his word. That is a pretty good reason not to vote for somebody, especially if you were one of the people that really wanted the fixed election dates.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I have mentioned this on several occasions, but I think it’s appropriate again here, given the discussion of whether or not the Conservatives deserve a majority to govern. When it comes to our current armed intervention in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, both the present and previous Governments have made one major mistake in planning. In my view, that mistake is that neither governing party has taken our mission there seriously. If the Conservatives (or the Liberals) truly believed their messages to us on how important our engagements there are, then either of those parties would have used the executive prerogative to recommend a formal declaration of war by Her Majesty The Queen of Canada, and dedicated the nation’s resources toward a complete and unarguable victory.

The fact that this was not done by either party makes me scorn both of them. Our engagements there are not a ‘game’ for the Government of the day to use as a ploy depending on the partisan environment or make-up of the moment—either we dedicate ourselves completely to the eradication of a serious threat and go all-out to make it happen; or, we admit that it was just a token show of action to start with by the Liberals, continued by the Conservatives, and shut the whole damned thing down.

On that note, one of the Conservative Government’s actions that I wish to applaud is the enhanced support for the Canadian Forces and other armed forces groups throughout the nation. Particularly given our rocky hold on our own Arctic sovereignty, the Conservatives’ boosts to the Canadian Forces and our defense, generally, are very welcome.
And you wonder why I want to hump your leg?

That was well said.

Aren't you the one being confused? I think most people realize that he didn't break any law, but he had promised to make such a law. Thereby breaking his word. That is a pretty good reason not to vote for somebody, especially if you were one of the people that really wanted the fixed election dates.
If you want to go down that road Nif, I have list precluding the LPoC for the very same reasons.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
It seems that you want to go down that road, not me, since I don't recall ever mentioning the Liberal Party of Canada.
Not really, I think all politicians are criminals. I think it's a prerequisite or something to that effect.

The road I was referring to is 'the point out the reason not to vote for x' road.

Strategic voting is for zombies with unibrows, in short Zombrows.
:lol: I love that!!! Can I use that?

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Not really, I think all politicians are criminals. I think it's a prerequisite or something to that effect.

The road I was referring to is 'the point out the reason not to vote for x' road.

:lol: I love that!!! Can I use that?

Of course you can use it. Keep in mind, I stole it from the anime Gintama.

Fair point to the road, I guess the real question is, what reason would I have to vote for the Conservative party?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Of course you can use it. Keep in mind, I stole it from the anime Gintama.
:lol:

Fair point to the road, I guess the real question is, what reason would I have to vote for the Conservative party?
None. I think our votes would be better served if cast for Mickey Mouse at this point.

There isn't a party out there that actually stands for Canada.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Is Michael Ignatieff even living in the country now?

I got a letter from the Liberal party asking for a donation because I am a Canadian living abroad. The current prime minister has certainly said some nasty things about me, I even heard some of them live while I was visiting canada. :'(

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
With a Conservative majority government all visible minority who hold a Canadian Citizenship will lose all their rights when they travel to other countries this way the Conservative government can save lots of money because they won’t have to represent them in foreign countries if they happen to have problems and the money they save will pay down the deficit.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
With a Conservative majority government all visible minority who hold a Canadian Citizenship will lose all their rights when they travel to other countries this way the Conservative government can save lots of money because they won’t have to represent them in foreign countries if they happen to have problems and the money they save will pay down the deficit.