Canadian aboriginal land dispute turns violent

FascistCanuck

May 23, 2006
FiveParadox said:
[i said:
FascistCanuck[/i]]Absolutely correct. In fact, they are TERRORIST acts. Seems they attacked an Ontario Hydro plant. Did you not notice the hydro equipment they used as part of their blockade? Ah! The nerve! Using government property to protest on government land!! The sheer nerve! As a fascist, I would consider this a slap in the face and a terrorist act. There is absolutely no doubt I would have a force of at least 10 Leopard I tanks rolling over the very same barricade.

:!: Non-original Revision : Removed formatting.
FascistCanuck, with due respect, of course, I would not be convinced that the situation occurring in the Province of Ontario in relation to the protests of Native Canadians, would satisfy the definition of "terrorism" under Section 83.01(1)(b)(i)(B) of An Act respecting the Criminal Law (more intimately known, of course, as the Criminal Code of Canada).

I don't think that these protests are being made with any overt attempt to threaten public security (some of the things being done in concurrence with these protests is, of course, unlawful, but not a threat to security, in my opinion), nor do I think that it would be correct to suggest that there is any appropriate evidence that this protest is being made in an effort to force the Government of Canada into performing any particular action. Therefore, I don't think that the term "terrorism" would apply in this instance.

I am convinced that a peaceful solution can be found.

If I was Canada's fascist leader at Parliament Hill and you believed you had a peaceful solution, I would be most pleased to hear you out. If I find your solution unworkable I would then be forced to call in our military.
Please be reminded they vandalised the property of Ontario Hydro and CN Rail. This would indeed meet the criteria for terrorism as both are state property. They are in effect 'forcing' the Government of Canada into performing a particular action. Why do you think they are there in the first place?? This is outright terrorism and you know it. Had they not torn up the road, set fires and vandalised state property I would have been willing to listen. The fact they have committed the aforementioned acts of violence precludes any hope of dealing with them peacefully and therefore would require military intervention.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Re: Definition of Terrorism

[i said:
FascistCanuck[/i]]If I was Canada's fascist leader at Parliament Hill and you believed you had a peaceful solution, I would be most pleased to hear you out. If I find your solution unworkable I would then be forced to call in our military.
Please be reminded they vandalised the property of Ontario Hydro and CN Rail. This would indeed meet the criteria for terrorism as both are state property. They are in effect 'forcing' the Government of Canada into performing a particular action. Why do you think they are there in the first place?? This is outright terrorism and you know it. Had they not torn up the road, set fires and vandalised state property I would have been willing to listen. The fact they have committed the aforementioned acts of violence precludes any hope of dealing with them peacefully and therefore would require military intervention.

:!: Non-author Revision : Removed formatting.
You have made some interesting points, Fascist Canuck.

However, as my interpretation of Section 83.01 would lead me to believe, I don't think that terrorism is so much the acts themselves, as the intent of those acts. The unlawful activities that are happening during these protests should, of course, be pursued where possible — however, I think that it would be a "stretch" to append any such charges with terrorism. That's my opinion on the matter, anyway.

FascistCanuck

May 23, 2006
Re: Definition of Terrorism

FiveParadox said:
[i said:
FascistCanuck[/i]]If I was Canada's fascist leader at Parliament Hill and you believed you had a peaceful solution, I would be most pleased to hear you out. If I find your solution unworkable I would then be forced to call in our military.

:!: Non-author Revision : Removed formatting.
You have made some interesting points, Fascist Canuck.

However, as my interpretation of Section 83.01 would lead me to believe, I don't think that terrorism is so much the acts themselves, as the intent of those acts. The unlawful activities that are happening during these protests should, of course, be pursued where possible — however, I think that it would be a "stretch" to append any such charges with terrorism. That's my opinion on the matter, anyway.

As Canada's new fascist leader, I would seek amendments to any legalities involved with terrorism to include vandalism of all state properties that are considered necessities of the state. CN Rail is a necessity as it allows for the transport of many Canadian foodstuffs, medicines, fuel etc. upon which the average Canadian depends. If I see that flow disrupted in any manner those responsible would be dealt with most severely. Ontario Hydro is another necessity. As I am sure you have heard, schools and industry went without electricity for some time. What if it had been winter rather than the spring? This would have endangered children and affected the jobs which allow Canadians to earn a living. I would not tolerate this. It is further disruption in the life of the average Canadian who has no time for such irrelevant things as land claims. That Canadian merely seeks to live and in so doing, enjoy Canada. As a fascist, if the natives seek to disrupt this necessary flow of life throughout the state that is Canada, then they will be met with the mailed fist.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Judge wants to know why Caledonia order not enforced
Last Updated Tue, 30 May 2006 04:08:35 EDT

CBC News

A judge is demanding the Ontario Provincial Police and lawmakers explain why they haven't enforced his order to end an aboriginal occupation of a housing development in Caledonia, Ont.

In an unusual move, Ontario Superior Court Justice David Marshall has ordered the parties involved — including the provincial police, the attorney general of Ontario, First Nations leaders and developers — to a special court session Thursday to explain why his orders are not being followed.

The order, issued in March, calls on aboriginal protesters to be evicted from Douglas Creek Estates and for the barricades to be removed from nearby railway tracks.

Police raided the subdivision on April 20 and briefly removed 16 occupiers. But dozens of native protesters went back onto the land, and then began a month-long blockade of a nearby main highway.

Last week, aboriginal protesters removed the highway blockade, but the occupation of the other sites continues.

The Six Nations community claims the land on which the subdivision was being built was illegally taken from them 200 years ago.

Hmmmm, guesses anyone?

Nov 26, 2005
Clearly because they are indians. We have seen how court orders are enforced against white protestors in west vancouver.
The media, police, all take extra care because anything negative towards indians will lead to calls of racism.
Enough is enough already. The government has to grow some balls and deal with these terrorists.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I posted in another thread about the BC protesters vs our natives in Caledonia but I couldn't find it again...

MikeyDB

House Member
Jun 9, 2006
Caledonia and native unrest.

Reading the Balfour declaration and the treaty of Trianon can provide valuable insight into the nature of land claims and “deals” the British and American’s have made over the past two hundred years. These two nations have taken it upon themselves to parcel-off land and declare ownership of lands based not on the notion of seeking compromise and equity, but hubris predicated on greed and the threat and use of violence to shape the world. Yes it is certainly just as valid to suggest that Spain and France and indeed the history of many nations mirror these attitudes. It’s important to remember that it’s seldom the average Joe or Jane who’s behind these moves.

Industrialists and developers, those who’ve found themselves in positions of opportunity to prosper at the expense of others have sown and continue to sow a legacy of distrust and outrage. Indian Affairs in Canada is in many respects akin to the CRTC. Indian Affairs while ostensibly addressing the issue of native land claims and aboriginal rights in this country is really a mechanism for the Anglo-Saxon wealthy and political elite to discount and dismiss native land claims. The CRTC is of course the engine whereby the cable companies in Canada have legitimized their stranglehold on electronic entertainment and media distribution.

Manipulation of, in the case of Arab nations with respect to the Balfour declaration and the resulting political quagmire of the Middle East and the simmering discontent among nations like Yugoslavia and Hungary in and around the Baltic’s stand as testament to the propriety of having permitted the wealthy and those eager for political power to decide who may or may not live here or there and who may or may not enjoy the rights that this exclusive cadre claims for its self.

As a civilization we will all continue to pay in blood for the greed and arrogance of the developer and the industrialist.

There may come a day when sufficient blood has been spilled and the voices of those standing up for their rights are silenced but the costs far outweigh the benefits.

There is no mystery to the reason why white supremacist and “White-Power” websites and publications are humming with calls for violence as the solution in Caledonia. The history of the Middle East and a thousand contested Indian land claims is product of the philosophy embraced by these kinds of people. A philosophy that regards the non-white, the poor the disabled and the displaced as second class human beings.

Often characterized as beer-swilling belligerent racists, supremacists don’t necessarily fit this mould. Little white-haired old ladies and the “average” man and women of modern nation-states clamoring for solution to these situations have little difficulty supporting the “big-stick” mentality learned at America’s knee.

Why is it that native land disputes have turned violent?

Quite simply it’s because amicable negotiated settlements haven’t worked, neither here in Canada or in the Middle East.

Those wielding the power and in control of media are the very same folk who’ve broken agreements over and over again. Is there a solution?

If there is a solution it can’t be brokered by governments prepared to use violence in support of their lies and broken promises. All this kind of behavior has taught is that if you really want anything changed, it takes bloodshed and violence.

And of course when natives or Palestinians practice these lessons they’re the first to be labeled as terrorists and a danger to everyone.

The Canadian government like its American counterpart have embraced the rule of economics that says that ‘prosperity’ comes from leveraging any advantage, be it property “ownership” or disregard for the quality of life of Canadians.

Natives in Canada have leaned that land that they were granted by treaty can be taken from them when politicians are seeking votes. Natives have learned that they have to live with polluted water and an absence of ‘services’ white Canadians regard as their entitlement.

It really doesn’t matter who it is, Stephen Harper Dalton McGuinty or any other puppet of industrial globalization. Honest compassionate men and women in Canada and the United States are living with escalating violence everywhere in the world, not because there are throngs of blood-thirsty radicals and aggressors lurking around every corner but because the spirit of our times is not a spirit ruled by empathy and concern but a rule predicated on the wealthy using every means available to further their wealth and power.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2006/10/20/2078387-cp.html

McGuinty says Ottawa must compensate province for cost of aboriginal occupation

NIAGARA FALLS, Ont. (CP) - Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty wants Ottawa to compensate Ontario taxpayers for the cost of the ongoing aboriginal occupation in Caledonia, Ont.
McGuinty says aboriginal land claims are a federal responsibility, and wants the feds to wrap up negotiations with Six Nations protesters and end the dispute.
He says Ontario citizens are paying a hefty price for the occupation in the town south of Hamilton, and expects the federal government to reimburse the province for all costs.
He wouldn't put a dollar figure on the compensation but says he'll make a formal request to Prime Minister Stephen Harper in the days to come.
The costs to the province have included more than $16 million to buy the land, compensating businesses for lost revenue and police overtime.
Six Nations protesters have occupied the former housing development site since February and say they won't leave until the land is returned to them.

So this is McGuinty's big plan...what did it take all of almost a year for him to come to this realization?

After all the money of paying negotiators etc and this is the end result?