Canada's oil imports from Saudi Arabia on the rise

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
He has the typical Ontariowe penis envy of the west.
We don't have to buy your energy. We didn't used to.

The Western Separatists have a huge marketing problem on their hands, We can easily boycott energy from the West and bring it on from other directions as we often have in the past and you're left selling it to the US at 50¢/$ forever more. Not a drop will go to China and you've just defeated yourselves.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The Western Separatists have a huge marketing problem on their hands, We can easily boycott energy from the West and bring it on from other directions as we often have in the past and you're left selling it to the US at 50¢/$ forever more. Not a drop will go to China and you've just defeated yourselves.
The only reason we are not a major exporter of oil is....wait for it..
A federal government based in Ontariowe, run by a Quebecerthat is terrified the west will gain its rightful dominance in the country and cutoff the cash flow east.
How else do you explain the tanker ban off the west coast that exports oil but none off the east coast that imports dirty oil?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
A federal government based in Ontariowe, run by a Quebecerthat is terrified the west will gain its rightful dominance in the country and cutoff the cash flow east.
How else do you explain the tanker ban off the west coast that exports oil but none off the east coast that imports dirty oil?
Orcas are cuter then Belugas .

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yeah, because they don't have a bunch of whiny f*cks with their panties in a twist over some fake man-made climate crisis.
Funny how you berate Alberta as a not secure source of oil when it's been Eastern and BC politicians working hard to f*ck over the oil industry. And yet you blame Albertans for it.
F*ck man, you're part of the goddam problem with Canada. I publicly said some pretty nasty stuff about Robert Bourassa after he claimed that Canada wasn't a real country. It's something a deeply regret as an action of impetuous youth. The fact is, Robert was right. This isn't a real country.
Groper too, was right when he said Canada has no core culture or core identity. I hated him for saying it but he was right. Because at its core, Canada isn't a real country. It's a loose federation of constantly squabbling regions who only give a shit about what they want and to hell with the ROC. And you sir, are one of the squabblers.
Canaduh

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I could understand a small rural town getting down to 5 days of natural gas, Jin. But an entire province? Now that's preparedness in the event of emergency at its finest, that is./s
Apparently this is no big deal though because it's mainly farmers who are affected by the shortage.............and you know..........who cares about the people that put food on your table.
Back in September I said there is going to be a propane shortage due to farmers running grain driers. Only 1 other on here agreed.

Oh well.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I could understand a small rural town getting down to 5 days of natural gas, Jin. But an entire province? Now that's preparedness in the event of emergency at its finest, that is./s
Apparently this is no big deal though because it's mainly farmers who are affected by the shortage.............and you know..........who cares about the people that put food on your table.
You'd almost think they never had an ice storm or a year without summer eh?
:)

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Spoken like a part-time Patriot of convenience (& yet calls Western Canadians traitors for just wanting equality & a fair deal?).
A federal government based in Ontariowe, run by a Quebecer that is terrified the west will gain its rightful dominance in the country and cutoff the cash flow east.
Weird that, eh? It's almost like OUR Federal Gov't is setting the oil producing provinces (but not Newfoundland) up to fail while demand for oil globally grows and other oil producing nations (like our next-door neighbours) are going gangbusters full out on their production & exploration. It's to the advantage of all Non-Canadian Oil Producers to our detriment. What would be the motivation to do such a thing?
I keep seeing it spouted daily/weekly by mean spirited Westerners and one has to conclude that "Let them freeze in the dark" is a widespread sentiment in the West and therefore, should be anticipated and planned for. Western blackmail? Why construct a national infrastructure that leaves us vulnerable? Most of us live in the East. We have alternate sources. Why take the chance?
Spoken like a true Canadian Patriot...or...maybe no so much of one I guess, but yet calls Western Canadians traitors for just wanting equality & a fair deal?
On the contrary, I come from a family of Westerners.
Is it your family? This might be starting to make sense. It's your family that are mean spirited and telling you to go "freeze in the dark (?)" and you're having that spouted towards you daily/weekly? That would explain the level of hostility against a whole region of OUR nation just because they also happen to come from where your family comes from. It's like some twisted form of internalized racism then? So you're like a psychological Rubik's Cube?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Spoken like a part-time Patriot of convenience (& yet calls Western Canadians traitors for just wanting equality & a fair deal?).
Weird that, eh? It's almost like OUR Federal Gov't is setting the oil producing provinces (but not Newfoundland) up to fail while demand for oil globally grows and other oil producing nations (like our next-door neighbours) are going gangbusters full out on their production & exploration. It's to the advantage of all Non-Canadian Oil Producers to our detriment. What would be the motivation to do such a thing?
Spoken like a true Canadian Patriot...or...maybe no so much of one I guess, but yet calls Western Canadians traitors for just wanting equality & a fair deal?

Is it your family? This might be starting to make sense. It's your family that are mean spirited and telling you to go "freeze in the dark (?)" and you're having that spouted towards you daily/weekly? That would explain the level of hostility against a whole region of OUR nation just because they also happen to come from where your family comes from. It's like some twisted form of internalized racism then? So you're like a psychological Rubik's Cube?
"Spoken like a part-time Patriot of convenience"
I was thinking the exact same thing about you. You can threaten and insult Eastern Canada all you want (where more than 2/3rds of Canadians live) because, face it you believe that you're better than us" and it's what we deserve, being those lesser Canadians from the East.]