Canada's housing market already suffering because of Trump

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
dumbarse, mortgage rates drop when leftard policies tanked the economy. I suggest that you do some more reading about it.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
The banks don't want to lose money because of the drop in bonds so they had to make up for it by raising interest rates.

The bond prices dropped explicitly because of Trump.

Maybe you'll learn something about the economy one day.
I don't know why the f*ck you'd care. You're the one who keeps saying the economy isn't important because we have a high standard of living. And that's all the matters.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
On elevator this morning, the screen mentioned US dollar is on run (up) and US bonds are running at record highs in price an yields. If Canadian banks are concerned perhaps it is because the Canadian economy is underperforming and that goes back to our Selfie PM not the US president or president in waiting. But keep deflecting.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
It's cold and rainy today and it's all Donald Trump's fault!
Heaven is crying, you see, because people have nothing better to do than play the blame game. (Like me).
So it's all Donald Trump's fault. If it weren't for him people wouldn't be complaining about anything. :)
Heaven wouldn't be crying. And it wouldn't be raining today.
Nobody complained at all about anything until Trump came on the scene!

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Time for you to move out of your mommy's basement before the rates get too high. For the rest of us, we are happy that someone is actually trying to do something about improving the economy.

More like wait till your parents die and skip buying a house

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
That is a stupid comment even by your extremely low standards.

You only see it as stupid because you can't see your own support of Trump's leftist policies. There is simply no denying that leftists believe in the exploitive nature of globalisation and strong government intervention in the economy. That's why, as one of the only true conservatives here, I disagree with Trump's economic policies.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Its weird i read earlier last week that Wynne and her corrupt posse of thugs were going to help out first time homeowners with some kind of tax break only to have the CHMC recommend that owners to pay a higher down payment when paying for a house.

Something about this thing called debt that is supposed to pay off itself

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Well with what is happening in the US, it's shows that keeping your trading deals diversified is important. I'm sure other countries are feeling the same and similar to us looking at them, they are looking at Canada. The President Elect's choice of Bannon, Sessions and Flynn who have clearly expressed their views, don't seem to match well with Canada's. I feel bad for JT who will have to deal with this man. I hope that he forgets we are here.