Canada's Federal Election 2015: The Official Thread

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Ask an eleven-year-old, straight A type kid who's suspended from school for a couple of days for posting the school snotball was a bitch.

Leadership is offering something the other guy doesn't. Pointing out exaggerated weakness in an opponent just makes you look like a bigger buttwad

With C-51 the anti-terror soon to be law the big question is will there be a federal election? Will the government just decide that it is too dangerous to have one in the time of war? Anyone who disagrees with the government might be treated as a terrorist. Any public sector union that strikes can be viewed as a terrorist act. Elections are important to maintain democracy.

Do you honestly believe that this Bil C-51 will be all that restrictive against Canadians??

"Bill C-51 proposes to lower the threshold of what’s required for police to make an arrest in a terror case. Previously an arrest could be made only if a terror act “will be” carried out, but C-51 would allow police to arrest a suspect if an attack “may be” about to happen..

It would also broadly expand the powers of Canada’s spy agency, CSIS, to “counter-message” or “disrupt” terrorist websites, Twitter accounts and the like
."

Whatever it takes to stop a terrorist act in Canada. I really don't see a downside to C-51.

Canada's new anti-terror Bill C-51 concerns Privacy Commissioner | Canada | News

Justin Trudeau would rather have open dialogue with terrorists and hope to rehabilitate them through education and welfare than just killing them.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Do you honestly believe that this Bil C-51 will be all that restrictive against Canadians??

"

Whatever it takes to stop a terrorist act in Canada. I really don't see a downside to C-51.

Canada's new anti-terror Bill C-51 concerns Privacy Commissioner | Canada | News

Justin Trudeau would rather have open dialogue with terrorists and hope to rehabilitate them through education and welfare than just killing them.

Just give the ccksckrs two choices- they can get dropped off in Syria or Siberia on a one way ticket. :)

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
The Neo-Cons their definition of freedom of speech

"Bill C-51 proposes to lower the threshold of what’s required for police to make an arrest in a terror case. Previously an arrest could be made only if a terror act “will be” carried out, but C-51 would allow police to arrest a suspect if an attack “may be” about to happen..

It would also broadly expand the powers of Canada’s spy agency, CSIS, to “counter-message” or “disrupt” terrorist websites, Twitter accounts and the like
."

There is no exact definition of a terrorist in the act

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The Neo-Cons their definition of freedom of speech

Liberals idea of Free Speech is; "I don't like what you're saying, you racist homophobic swine, shut up!!"

Just a bunch of political correctness, name calling and crying, no thanks..

Liberals believe that tolerance equals acceptance and anyone who does not accept a liberal cause is a racist.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Ask an eleven-year-old, straight A type kid who's suspended from school for a couple of days for posting the school snotball was a bitch.

Leadership is offering something the other guy doesn't. Pointing out exaggerated weakness in an opponent just makes you look like a bigger buttwad

Leadership: Something Harper has and just-in does not. Mulcair has leadership but he wants to lead us over a cliff.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
A minority liberal government would pay hard dividends, as far as making things entertaining arroud here.
This place would be turned upside down every government session.

You'd have to call in the riot police every time :) :)

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
It's not the first time this moderator has admonished a poster in a bullying fashion.

and it won't be the last.

if a biased root-cause article by a liberal leader hopeful is just slid in and left as-is, I'll point out who the author is. if an Op or fanboy has a problem with that then tough shyte. no sweat off my ass.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Liberals idea of Free Speech is; "I don't like what you're saying, you racist homophobic swine, shut up!!"

Just a bunch of political correctness, name calling and crying, no thanks..

Liberals believe that tolerance equals acceptance and anyone who does not accept a liberal cause is a racist.

Sure, but name calling and whining doesnt infringe on your freedom of speech.