Canada wins 8 - 0 in Under Eighteen final

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Canada dispatches Russia 8-0 to capture world under-18 hockey title

full image
Team Canada captain Cody Hodgson holds the winners trophy after Canada overpowered Russia 8-0. THE CANADIAN PRESS/HO-Pekka Mononen/HHOF-IIHF Images
THE CANADIAN PRESSKAZAN, Russia - Life was easy with gold on the line for Jake Allen thanks to a big start by Jordan Eberle and Canada's under-18 hockey team.
Eberle scored two first-period goals as Canada stormed out to a commanding 5-0 lead after 20 minutes en route to a lopsided 8-0 win over Russia in the under-18 world hockey championship final Wednesday.
Allen stopped 29 shots to register his second shutout of the tournament. After the contest, he was named both the event's top goalie as well as the tournament MVP.
Allen said the Canadian team came into the game feeling it had something to prove for a couple of reasons. First, there was talk

http://tinyurl.com/3t7z6h

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
This probably means that our World Junior Team next year should be awesome. The under eighteen team got goals from seven different people.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
They were awsome, and Canada is producing wonderful young players, and it's showing
at the NHL level now too, and more to come, the speed and talent of these young players
is the best I have ever seen, at that level.
Good for them.

GO CANADA GO

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
To dominate a sport with onlt 32 million people it's pretty awesome.

Bring em on in Vancouver, I can't wait to watch it live, I have a room and I will have tickets thanks to a coperate friend of mine.