Canada will support Libya in quest for democracy

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Good on Baird, for once. Even if this is just spin to avoid media talk about our upcoming economic benefit from this conflict, at least its good spin.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Yea you're really upping the dialog standard there...
What did you expect? A reasoned response to your usual stupid ideological crap?

Take a walk through the thread pumpkin. I've offered great and more substantial dialog that you have in several threads.

derpity derp derp.
Ya, that's about the value of your usual crap.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Someone better support Canada in a quest for democracy.

good one. ;-) :canada:

I heard some guy on the radio,an american,the other day,they were talking about Libya,and this guy says,"if democracy is so ****in' great,how come we have to shove it down other peoples throats?"I thought that was pretty profound.I like it.

exactly !! that is exactly the point. Democracy has to evolve in an area as a choice of the people themselves. IT CANNOT be foisted on others as that opposes the very notion of "democracy".

by shoving it down other nations throats.......one is acting like a dictator..

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
good one. ;-) :canada:

exactly !! that is exactly the point. Democracy has to evolve in an area as a choice of the people themselves. IT CANNOT be foisted on others as that opposes the very notion of "democracy".

by shoving it down other nations throats.......one is acting like a dictator..

Considering that Islamic Law was declared today - Who is shoving what - and where are they shoving it.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Perhaps let the chips fall where they may ... as in OBSERVE

exactly. Let them define their own way , struggle through the rough spots and gradually evolve their own way.

and by observing.......we might learn a lot more about them as a people ... which would go a long way to debunk the many myths and ideas that exist.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
exactly. Let them define their own way , struggle through the rough spots and gradually evolve their own way.

and by observing.......we might learn a lot more about them as a people ... which would go a long way to debunk the many myths and ideas that exist.

And that's right after you bytch because they murdered Gaddafi.....you gonna make up your mind soon???

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
So much for true democracy, we are trading one group of tyrants for another group
of tyrants. Canadian bombs for Sharia Law what a concept. Of course the Shiite
Muslims are the more conservative side aren't they? Yes I jest.

The problem is the revolution was not to bring democracy to the country it was to
bring fundamentalism in the form of Sharia Law. Women will be worse off than
ever under this system and young people will be in the streets within a generation to
overthrow the system they fought so hard for. In Iran, young people are staging
opposition where possible to oust such a system while these people are just beginning
their next occupation. And we of course will support it so we can brag about how we
brought democracy in the third world, and we of course were militarily successful.
We have demonstrated the Arab Spring is about to go straight to an Arab Winter pretty
fast.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Seems, even though Sharia is going to be the basis of their legislation, it is to be tempered by the philosophy of a democratic republic.

I don't believe in installing American style democracy. I see a Sharia based style, being more palatable to the locals.
Just heard an interview on tv that they want their democracy based on sharia law alright.
In this same interview they gave an example that they want their law to give them the right to have 4 wives according to sharia.

So, the way I see this, is that my tax money has been used to free Lybia so all Muslims in Lybia can have 4 wives (not sure if this was allowed under G'daffi)??? So, was this a wise use of my tax money?? Is this what western nations wanted when they went in to help ?? What other goodies are we going to see???

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Uh huh! No Sharia no al Qaeda and no CDN tax money going to help these al Qaeda assholes that don't exist right?

Good grief could you please show the post where he specifically said "no al qaeda no sharia" because I'm looking for it and can't find it. Instead of saying uh huhu uh huh. show me the quote. Now remember, I am looking for a specific quote containing both elements.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Just heard an interview on tv that they want their democracy based on sharia law alright.
In this same interview they gave an example that they want their law to give them the right to have 4 wives according to sharia.
So?

So, the way I see this, is that my tax money has been used to free Lybia so all Muslims in Lybia can have 4 wives (not sure if this was allowed under G'daffi)??? So, was this a wise use of my tax money?? Is this what western nations wanted when they went in to help ?? What other goodies are we going to see???
You're pissy because they're going to get 4 wives?

Really?

I have one, and quite frankly I have no idea why they want to be masochistic about the whole thing right out the gate.

Good grief could you please show the post where he specifically said "no al qaeda no sharia" because I'm looking for it and can't find it. Instead of saying uh huhu uh huh. show me the quote. Now remember, I am looking for a specific quote containing both elements.
Good luck with that bru.

Are you his lawyer?
Nope, brother.