Canada & USA Join, what would be the political makeup??

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I was surfing the Internet and found the pic of the map.. I thought it was a little to blue for my taste, and made a post to see what the opinion of others is...
It must be old. SK and MB redden it right up to modernization.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
The map of the USA above missed a few Blue states: Florida, Colorado, New Mexico, Iowa, Virginia, Ohio went for the good guy whereas the others went with Romney. The result - a victory for America. :)

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Why do you believe the bolded part?...

Overall, Canadians are more like Europeans than Americans in their attitude toward Big Govt. They are very comfortable with it. Virtually all Canadian politics is played out the field established by the left. Canada reminds me of Blue America. Ontario is similar in many ways to Minnesota. British Columbia is reminiscent of California. The Maritimes are like New England. Canadian provinces would change the electoral count among American states. Since there is no region in Canada similar to the American South and Border states or the rural Midwest electoral votes would effectively be taken from conservative states on a net basis. Those redistributed electoral votes would end up Blue.

Despite the diversity and divisions in Canadian society it is less tribal than America, and doesn't have the same level of mutual hostility among groups. If Canada joined the United States in a political union Canadians would be infected with the American disease of political hatred. Conservative/Libertarian Americans don't need anyone else joining the enemy camp.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Overall, Canadians are more like Europeans than Americans in their attitude toward Big Govt. They are very comfortable with it. Virtually all Canadian politics is played out the field established by the left. Canada reminds me of Blue America. Ontario is similar in many ways to Minnesota. British Columbia is reminiscent of California. The Maritimes are like New England. Canadian provinces would change the electoral count among American states. Since there is no region in Canada similar to the American South and Border states or the rural Midwest electoral votes would effectively be taken from conservative states on a net basis. Those redistributed electoral votes would end up Blue.

Despite the diversity and divisions in Canadian society it is less tribal than America, and doesn't have the same level of mutual hostility among groups. If Canada joined the United States in a political union Canadians would be infected with the American disease of political hatred. Conservative/Libertarian Americans don't need anyone else joining the enemy camp.

So Quebec?? is like?? What Louisiana?

QuebecCanadian

Electoral Member
Apr 13, 2014
We just fought our butts off to remain Canadian. I'd like to stay that way thanks! I don't even want to entertain the idea of merging with the States.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Probably be three entities. Canada, which would take in most of what we have now with someof the western states, Texas, slightly larger than itis noe and jeaseus land where everyone is running around shooting everyone else that doesn't believe in the right god.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
So Quebec?? is like?? What Louisiana?

Quebec is sui generis.

The idea behind a North American Union includes Mexico, besides Canada and America. Big Business and Big Govt. think a NAU would combine sufficient natural resources, low paid labor, and post-industrial skills to be able to successfully compete with China and others during the 21st century. The concept of the NAU is something only a businessman and a bureaucrat could love.