Canada, U.S. and Mexico sign Green Energy NAFTA Deal

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
You can do a one hour quick charge and shave 70% of the battery life off.
Or I could be like the twits in Vancouver who left their electric car plugged in while they went on vacation. They came back to a burned down house. So much for them reducing their carbon footprint. :lol:

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Oh fer sure man. I know when I'm travelling along the highway, nothing makes the trip more enjoyable than stopping every 30 miles to fuel up. Hell, even my old gas-guzzling '69 Super Bee with a 6 pack did better than 30 miles between fill ups..

Yes, I get that we will be investing more into infrastructure and energy efficiency.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Oh fer sure man. I know when I'm travelling along the highway, nothing makes the trip more enjoyable than stopping every 30 miles to fuel up. Hell, even my old gas-guzzling '69 Super Bee with a 6 pack did better than 30 miles between fill ups..

But think of the boom to the services. While your ride is feeding so will you. And then you will need a place to sleep and mindless entertainment while you wait.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
But think of the boom to the services. While your ride is feeding so will you. And then you will need a place to sleep and mindless entertainment while you wait.
Perfect, they could build electric recharging stations that have strip bars with an all you can eat buffet and rooms up top to sleep...or ya know.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
A construct built on the monstrous fraud of AGW.. ideologies of a feather (Global Free Market Capitalism and AGW) flock together.. vultures picking on the ruins of the West's economy.

* note - somewhat unfair to vultures who are noble scavengers who keep the hinterland clean... there's nothing clean or noble about GFMC or AGW.

Last edited:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
There is a great whoosh sound and people wonder what it is.
What it is is the last remains of independence and control of
our own national wealth is being flushed down the toilet by
idiots. That bobbing in the bowl? our heads floating around
one more time before the great flush goes down.
We are being sold out by governments and companies and it
will be a long struggle to get our country back

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
We shouldn't have any free trade deals unless all parties are on equal humanitarian footing.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
There is a great whoosh sound and people wonder what it is.
What it is is the last remains of independence and control of
our own national wealth is being flushed down the toilet by
idiots. That bobbing in the bowl? our heads floating around
one more time before the great flush goes down.
We are being sold out by governments and companies and it
will be a long struggle to get our country back
But our PM is just so cute and he isn't that stinking rotten to the core Harper .

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Whew!... Had to catch my breath on that great gag.

Thanks Flossy

Canada, the United States and Mexico will sign a trilateral agreement Friday that could mark the start of discussions on the first North American accord on climate change and clean energy.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/canada-us-mexico-nafta-clean-energy-mou-1.3444675

I wonder if this will be like Kyoto!

Has Canada got around to paying the billions owed yet?

We're still waiting for an invoice... Once we gat that, I'll make sure that it gets on the agenda for discussion at some point soon... Maybe... Probably not

Highball

Council Member
Jan 28, 2010
Well let's put it this way Pete. Our former governor lost 600K+ of state taxpayer money in a solar company. The company took the cash, closed shop and moved whatever was left to China. After the debacle Gov. Patrick said it was a good investment and that he'd do it again if he had the chance.

That is what we are dealing with.
Eagle,
If you think your Governor is a trip think about us in California getting glowing reports of how well our state is doing and we have 2 Bonds that we are now 4 years overdue in paying off. And he is still spending. Jerry Brown is as full of BS as a stuffed Holiday Turkey!

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
This is why Harper lost the election:

"For years the American government has been trying to talk to Canada about clean energy and unfortunately they kept hearing back about pipelines," he said. "It was a bit of a dialogue of the deaf.

"Now, we are finally catching up to where our allies are, and that will make the conversation and relationship a more effective one."

Clean-energy deal signed Friday in 1st step to green NAFTA - Politics - CBC News

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

"For years the American government has been trying to talk to Canada about clean energy and unfortunately they kept hearing back about pipelines," he said. "It was a bit of a dialogue of the deaf.

"Now, we are finally catching up to where our allies are, and that will make the conversation and relationship a more effective one."

Clean-energy deal signed Friday in 1st step to green NAFTA - Politics - CBC News
Quick tip , the world will not be getting of oil anytime soon .
Take that to the bank .

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Till November when THE DONALD becomes prez and the world becomes normal again. Except for Canada where PC trumps merit and reality.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Anyone who endorses Donald Trump is part of the reason why Liberals lead.

You guys are constantly angry and dismissive, so you shouldn't be surprised when the door shuts on you come ejection time.