Canada not the only country in dire need of the death penalty!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It's not about whether or not they deserve to die. They probably do deserve it. But if we're saying that the standard of behaviour within society is to not take a life, we're saying that's criminal if someone does that, then by society taking a life as punishment is lowering that standard.

We, as a civilized society, need to be above that.

In my opinion.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

I guess our opinion differs on this slightly. Going on the assumption that when people deserve something good they should be given it, I can't see changing the rules when they deserve something bad! :smile:

Why are they even bothering to find "friends" for this monster anyhow? He should be locked away in a tiny cell and not be allowed to interact with any other human beings. There has to be some price to pay for killing 77 people, and losing any comfort to be found in prison is a small step in the right direction.

I think the biggest form of entertainment that guy should be allowed is to count spots on the ceiling!

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
I guess our opinion differs on this slightly. Going on the assumption that when people deserve something good they should be given it, I can't see changing the rules when they deserve something bad! :smile:

That you cannot see the difference between giving somebody a cookie and giving somebody a lethal injection astounds me.

If the person actually didn't deserve the cookie, no harm done and you can always take it back, if the person actually didn't deserve the lethal injection, a huge injustice has been committed and there is no going back.

The two situations are not dual to each other at all.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
According to this WASP infested country only visible minorities should feel the full force of the law and the rest should get the so called second chance.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
That you cannot see the difference between giving somebody a cookie and giving somebody a lethal injection astounds me.

If the person actually didn't deserve the cookie, no harm done and you can always take it back, if the person actually didn't deserve the lethal injection, a huge injustice has been committed and there is no going back.

The two situations are not dual to each other at all.

We're talking about what the person "did deserve" not what they "didn't deserve".