canada ice hockey men

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
scrivens let in a stinker from a long way out, now they have lost their lead, and the fins

try to slow the game down. its all canada, and the fins just wait for a chance now and then,

but that is dangerous for canada in a tie game.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Team Canada got sloppy and Finland tied the game up and then scored the winner. Canada is out for this year.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
it would have been interesting to see if Canada had gotten those 4 lost points if it would have changed the outcome. :(

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
yes team canada got very sloppy, forgot to be patient and diciplined, were panicky in their own end, hence the
poor clearing effort right before finland's goal, and of course the poor goal scored right at the
beginning of the period.

canada were the better team for most of the game, it was theirs to win, but they made mistakes, unforced
errors.

good luck to finland, they play the cheks in the semi finals.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
it would have been interesting to see if Canada had gotten those 4 lost points if it would have changed the outcome. :(

Seems that the curse of the quarter-finals still blights the fortunes of our team - no matter who is on the roster. Had a bad feeling as soon as I saw the TO. Darn it. So both North American teams are homeward bound - maybe there is some consolation in that - then again maybe not.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Latvia 1 Canada 6 :) :cool:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
i love watching all the young very talented players for canada, they are so good, the really young
players for canada are showing the world how great they are in these games, tomorrow will be much
more of a test, the czech republic will be tough, and jagr is playing at the age of 43 which is
amazing, and we'll get to see kovalchuk again, he's been gone from the nhl for two years.

crosby set the stage with the first goal, and he is the best player on the ice, even though he isn't
taking the attention for himself, it is obvious.

hall had a hatrick, could have had about 6 goals, with all his shots, that is a great line, with eberle
and duchene.

and young ekblad from florida, nominated for the rookie of the year, might just win it, he scored a nice
goal too.

germany started off skating strong, good checking, but canada gradually wore them out, they had to defend
so much, they didn't have the energy to find much in offense at all.

GO CANADA GO

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
We got off to a poor start but the guys came back hard in the 2nd and kept up the pressure in the 3rd. I've watched all of Canada's games and would have to say this was the best so far as the Swedes are a great team and were it not for the steady goal-tending of Mike Smith, it could very well have been a different outcome. Taylor Hall got another penalty shot goal for Canada, our third, I believe of the tournie. The guys now have 3 days off having finished top of their division with 12 points, 4 ahead of both Sweden and Switzerland.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
We got off to a poor start but the guys came back hard in the 2nd and kept up the pressure in the 3rd. I've watched all of Canada's games and would have to say this was the best so far as the Swedes are a great team and were it not for the steady goal-tending of Mike Smith, it could very well have been a different outcome. Taylor Hall got another penalty shot goal for Canada, our third, I believe of the tournie. The guys now have 3 days off having finished top of their division with 12 points, 4 ahead of both Sweden and Switzerland.

this is a great team, but more than that it is a fun, young team, of course a few veterans, but the young
very talented players are a breath of fresh air, probably the best team, canada has ever sent to this
tournament.

keep it going canada

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I can't help thinking that many of these guys really enjoy playing on the bigger ice, talloola. They really make good use of the extra space and it is so much fun to see guys like Taylor Hall and my guy Sid getting some goals after disappointing NHL season. Saturday is going to be a real hockey day in this household as I will be watching our guys play France and later the Habs play the Bolts.

GO CANADA GO! :canada:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I can't help thinking that many of these guys really enjoy playing on the bigger ice, talloola. They really make good use of the extra space and it is so much fun to see guys like Taylor Hall and my guy Sid getting some goals after disappointing NHL season. Saturday is going to be a real hockey day in this household as I will be watching our guys play France and later the Habs play the Bolts.

GO CANADA GO! :canada:

well it definitely took them a while to get use to the big ice, as their passes And positional play wasn't
automatic for a while, but they do have more room And that gives them more time to mAke decisions.

but any of the europeans who have been asked if they would rather play on their nhl sized ice or the big
ice, choose the small ice. i'm talking europeans nhl players, markus naslund was one of those, he said
the small ice mAkes the gAme so much more exciting, and definitely harder.