Canada, Harper need a 'reality check' on global warming: report

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I have an award for environmental reclamation,thats doing something,how about you flossy? You got anything except a myriad of posts on the internets?

Good for you.

You've just proven that "my myriad of posts on the internets" had no adverse effect on your "proper environmental recognition."

Congrats!

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
If the only people ignoring it are people like you, taxslave and Kakato, I don't think it would make much difference anyway.

I am already aware of the significant and successful achievements made by enviro industry. And these successes have been financed by industry to the benefit of all.

If only greenpeace, WWF, suzuki, et al would apply a smidgen of effort and resources to the cause, we would be far further ahead.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
So you just got posts? Thats your effort to help the environment? priceless!

I expect you to reply with this logic to everyone else in this thread to remain consistent.

Thank you once again, for such an easy thrashing.

I am already aware of the significant and successful achievements made by enviro industry. And these successes have been financed by industry to the benefit of all.

If only greenpeace, WWF, suzuki, et al would apply a smidgen of effort and resources to the cause, we would be far further ahead.

This has nothing to do with the reality that global warming exists.

Hence - Reality Check.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
I expect you to reply with this logic to everyone else in this thread to remain consistent.

Thank you once again, for such an easy thrashing.

This has nothing to do with the reality that global warming exists.

Hence - Reality Check.
The only thing getting thrashed here is any credibility you might have had at some time.

Oh well,some whine about things and some of us go out and do something about things,lifes funny like that. You got the whiners and the get er done guys.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I personally think that the whole carbon thing in relation to climate change is a smoke screen to divert people's attention away from the fact that our activities are poisoning our life support system. But I notice that the deniers and the mockers are the ones with a vested interest in maintaining the status quo of the poisoners. As they say, "Thou protesteth too much."

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Here's a reality check.

Other than blowing a lot of hot air (ironic, I know), what exactly are greenpeace, WWF and suzuki (et al) doing about it? (other than driving big diesel buses that is)

I don't know why you think I care about what greenpeace, WWF or Suzuki think.

I personally think that the whole carbon thing in relation to climate change is a smoke screen to divert people's attention away from the fact that our activities are poisoning our life support system. But I notice that the deniers and the mockers are the ones with a vested interest in maintaining the status quo of the poisoners. As they say, "Thou protesteth too much."

Of course they do, there is economic benefit for the short term that they would like to squeeze before the shift.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
We could all go back to living in caves but life expectancy back then was about half of what it is now so i'll take our new and improved but poisened life support system for now.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
They are part of the package deal.

I accept valid criticism of their efforts as I would any other organization.

This still says nothing about the existence of global warming.

It's already been shown that global warming exists.
It's also been shown that there are human-related factors which overwhelm the natural-related factors.

Hell, think King of Conservatives - Preston Manning acknowledges it and he even wants a carbon tax.

So, I don't see what the problem is and why the existing CPC need to talk out of both sides of the mouth.