Can athiests be parents? - Time Magazine

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Why do Canadians insist on embracing their delusion that America (whether they care what the world thinks or not...) like Canada is a "model" for "freedom" "democracy" etc..?

I sure don't... they're about as free as a bird in a cage.

As was declared to me numerous times in the mostly US forums I was in before here, The United States is not a Democracy, but a Republic.... but what I don't get, is if this is the case, then why the hell doesn't someone tell Bush to shut his pie hole about Democracy, if his own country isn't really democratic to begin with?

The US isn't free, it's about as communist as the good ol Soviet Union, only much worse, with the illusions of freedoms to make the people actually think they're free, when the only real freedoms they have are towards making choices that make very little overall difference in the president's plans and they continue to get further and further into the hole.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Good Topic Pangloss

A nice surprise to participate in a worthy back and forth discussion of interest I might add.

Mikey and Praxius - a bit over the top but spread the information as you see fit. If you both understand the
intent of "Republic" you will also understand then a State's right to sever from the Union with respect to
federal law with which it disagrees... or to practice state law within that particular state.... which is now what most states do.

An adoption in New York has no weight or bearing on the laws of another state. This case was brought up
to change the laws no doubt .... which is a good thing. Let's not get into Communist manifesto write ups eh?

Last edited: