By 2050 We Might All Become Vegetarians.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
These scaremongering articles always take an average of water/people. It's a joke. Are they short of water in Sweden? Food?

Why would we, who manage our resources carefully, be forced to eat veggies day and night because Africans and Asians have endless children, fight endless religious and tribal wars, and expect to be fed regardless?

Africa is hot and fertile, with a 12 month growing season. Canada is cold with a five month growing season and we have plenty of food. Dear Africa/Asia: start growing some food and stop fighting.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
These scaremongering articles always take an average of water/people. It's a joke. Are they short of water in Sweden? Food?

Why would we, who manage our resources carefully, be forced to eat veggies day and night because Africans and Asians have endless children, fight endless religious and tribal wars, and expect to be fed regardless?

Africa is hot and fertile, with a 12 month growing season. Canada is cold with a five month growing season and we have plenty of food. Dear Africa/Asia: start growing some food and stop fighting.
May not be africans who are kinda responsible for the "alert" its the vegan loonies and the PETA pricks

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
I don't totally disagree with PETA, better treated animals are better to eat. I like how the Japanese get cows drunk, and while they are relaxed they get killed so the meat is more tender. But its $50 lb.

Here, they see and smell death all around them and get a bit tense before they are slaughtered. Vodka for cows!

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I certainly agree with treating animals with compassion. I also admire the way Muslims and Jews slaughter their meat through desanguination, and perhaps "secular" meat ought to be killed in a similar manner for for the sake of reducing the pain to the animal.

And certainly it ought to be intolerable that we slaughter an animal in the presence of other animals if it can be avoided at all.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
This prediction has been made before. In a TV series made 20 years ago called "After the Warming" historian James Burke predicted that meat would simply become too expensive and people would be forced to turn to alternative sources of protein. It was a great series, but I think Mr. Burke got it wrong.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I'd met one who liked burgers, though I've also met some who claimed to be vegetarian. So I guess they reflect the general community overall.

They seem to be all over the place. Being in PETA doesnt guarantee one is a vegan or vegetarian. That group is so insane. Im a vegetarian and am very pro-animal rights. PETA drives me insane though. They do way more bad than good. Most vegetarians/vegans I know agree on that.

2050 doesn't concern me. 2012 is a concern, though.

They arent mutually exclusive. Do things right in the present and you'll never have to worry about the future. Thats probably unrealistic though.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
This need to turn vegetarians rests on the assumption that developing countries, by 2050, are going to shift to Western diets. That assumption is HUGE. And, not only is it huge, but, theyre making the assumption that this one big thing will have changed, but nothing else, such as birth rates, education levels, etc.