Bush’s Iraq syndrome

LuShes

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2002
Kamloops, B.C.
www.canadiancontent.net
Bush thinks he can "win" this war on terrorism...It's unfortunately human nature. And in some means he is one himself. (going for oil other countries, including Canadas rockies)

As Blair says, yes more Osamas and Saddams will come around. Born into hatred of Americans. And I hope to god some day they don't get there hands on any nuclear weapons.

Life is to short to hate everyone. I still wish to go over to Iraq for a vacation someday, and see what its really like, and not what the media protrays it as. And I also wish to go to the states someday and visit the deep south and learn more about the history in that area (black salve trading) I am young yet, and life is to short, and I don't think I am going to be able to fit everything in before I die lol.

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
Have adventures when you're young, LuShes, that way when you're as old as I you will have a wealth of memories to recall and enjoy. I am a believer that our identity is comprised of our memories, and it is very much true that travel and adventure broaden one.

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
LuShes said:
Bush thinks he can "win" this war on terrorism...It's unfortunately human nature. And in some means he is one himself. (going for oil other countries, including Canadas rockies)

As Blair says, yes more Osamas and Saddams will come around. Born into hatred of Americans. And I hope to god some day they don't get there hands on any nuclear weapons.

First point, I recall seeing a press photograph of Canadian P.M. Trudeau, dressed in an army field jacket, consulting with local military commanders in the Yukon. This bit of theater was done in response to U.S. President Nixon's rather off-hand suggestion during a press conference that he thought it might be a good idea to build a pipeline through Alberta and Yukon to the oil in Alaska, without having consulted the Canadian government at all. Now, Trudeau was undeniably a bit of a showman, but I recall how his popularity soared. He was correct. We sometimes blush down here at American hubris and arrogance. What the times need is someone with the balls to stand up and insist on rational policies that respect the rights of others. Chirac and Schroeder made the attempt, at least. They were admired here for their stands, you may be sure.

Second point, Israeli General Ariel Sharon provided the logistical support which enabled Lebanese Phalangist forces to move out of their safe haven on the Israeli frontier in the south, and drive to Beirut, where the Sabra and Shatila massacres were perpetrated. That was in 1982, I believe. The ranks of terrorist cells in the Middle East subsequently were swelled with young men orphaned that night. Black harvest, indeed.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
American Voice said:
Second point, Israeli General Ariel Sharon provided the logistical support which enabled Lebanese Phalangist forces to move out of their safe haven on the Israeli frontier in the south, and drive to Beirut, where the Sabra and Shatila massacres were perpetrated. That was in 1982, I believe. The ranks of terrorist cells in the Middle East subsequently were swelled with young men orphaned that night. Black harvest, indeed.

That Lebanese Massacare in Sabra and Shatilla took 11 members of my family. That was the work of Ariel Sharon, the biggest terrorist in the universe but of course he is a very good friend of the US. So that makes him an angel.

Remember, 11 members of my immediate family were shot in the heads in their safe home. Three of them kids under the age of 7. They had nothing to do with anything but they lived just outside the camp.

LuShes

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2002
Kamloops, B.C.
www.canadiancontent.net
Thats a terrible thing BinBush, I am sorry to hear. War is not pretty.

American Voice: Ohh I am sure the Canadian goverment is no less to blame then anyone else as well trying to make a quick buck. I trust our goverment about as far as I can throw them ;)

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
The night of the massacres, I was sitting outside watching a total lunar eclipse. Mount Pinatubo, in Mexico, had massively erupted a couple of months earlier, throwing a substantial amount of volcanic ash into the upper atmosphere. As was predicted, this had the effect of tinging the darkened moon a dull, reddish color. The following day, upon hearing of the events that had occurred overnight in Beirut, it was eerie. I thought of the passage in the Book of Revelations, about how the moon would turn red with blood. When I saw an actual photograph in Newsweek magazine, with that same red moon in the night sky over Beirut, I thought, "Blood moon over Beirut."

I am sorry for your loss.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Thank you LuShes for your concern. War is definitely not pretty. It is very painful. This side of the world does not feel or see what is really happening over there. The same thing is happening is Gaza and the West Bank. Homes demolished and families homeless. The US says "Yes, Sharon. We are behind you."

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Voice said, "An American thing? Try calling it an Anglo-Saxon thing."

How about we call it a greed thing, voice. The US is presently the big offender, closely followed by Britain, but they aren't the only ones.

France has been messing around in Africa and their influence was definitely part of Rwanda and the Ivory Coast. The US was heavily involved in both of those too. Belgium was a big part of Rwanda. In all cases they were in the region "protecting their assets."

It's just plain old imperialism showing its ugly head.

Bush is worse than most though. Despite his many protests, the words of PNAC ring through all of the Bush administration policies. They want to dominate the world economically and militarily.

Koga Ringo

Jun 9, 2004
Well, no matter who was in power of the world, many people would disagree with their actions.

I think Bush is doing a better job running his country than Paul Martin is running ours.

LuShes

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2002
Kamloops, B.C.
www.canadiancontent.net
I think I almost agree with Ringo there...I have never seen a prime minister we have had in Canada, that I was proud to say he was the leader of my country!

Most of the time you mention any of our prime ministers to anyone, there eyes roll back into their head...its rather shamefull. I wish to god someday we get a leader that we can proud of.

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
Reverend, you are correct. The atrocities in Rwanda were collateral to the competition over the bauxite concession in the Congo. Madagascar--the French renigged on independence--is about the titanium. The English normalize with Qaddafi in Libya--even though he sponsored the training and equipping of IRA thugs, whom he subsequently betrayed, and who were ambushed in the parking lot of the ferry terminal by the SAS at Gibraltar--because Libya has the lightest, sweetest crude oil in the world, which Blair wants flowing to the British machine-tool industry, in conjunction with the titanium ore from Madagascar. Why? Because Airbus Industries was able to outbid Boeing-Lockheed for the contract to build eighty new airliners for the Chinese national airline. Maybe it is about greed? But who has the capital behind it? Don't get me wrong, I am no Marxist. The truest thing Marx ever said is that monopoly stagnates, and Stalin proved him correct.

I have no pat final word to say, I just thought I'd add those observations to the stew. Cheers.

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
LuShes said:
I think I almost agree with Ringo there...I have never seen a prime minister we have had in Canada, that I was proud to say he was the leader of my country!

Most of the time you mention any of our prime ministers to anyone, there eyes roll back into their head...its rather shamefull. I wish to god someday we get a leader that we can proud of.

Don't look to political leaders for moral leadership. Politics, by definition, is all about compromise; and that is the antithesis of moral value. Seek for morality in your own heart. I have a motto of sorts: what I give to you, passing through my hands, enriches me.

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
The mother of my best friend in high school, a Quebecois, parodied PM Diefenbacher as "thief and faker."

I thought Pierre Elliot Trudeau to be worthy, but he might have been a reaction to Dief, the Chief. During the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Pentagon deployed Canadian naval assets to compensate U.S. naval assets' shift to the Caribbean, without asking Dief? Scandalous!

Joe Clark, who was PM for, I think, about 10 days, was a creature of the American oil industry. Got handed his hat, if not his head, in a New York minute.

Mulroney was a drone.

Chretien seemed like a nice enough fellow, but a concession to Quebec. Slap me in the face, why don't you?

I'm not sure who you have now.

I gather from some of the forums that you folks are having a parliamentary election one day soon? Is anyone of the candidates talking about the Free Trade of the Americas Agreement? It seems to be in the legislative hopper down here, destined for approval after Bush is re-elected. It was instigated during his father's term.

By the way, you asked about my avatar? That was taken in the hospital, probably just hours after I was born.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
American Voice, would you please refer to Tony Blair as, "The Bastard Son of Maggie Thatcher." I really don't like sharing a name with the man. :lol:

Our present PM is Paul Martin, BTW. Not a lot different than Mulroney if you look at his policies and practices.

We are indeed in the midst of an election. Martin, the Mulroney clone, is neck and neck with Harper, Mulroney's evil twin. We'll likely end up with a minority government and either the NDP or the Bloq Quebecois will hold the balance of power. Since both parties are left leaning, we just might get out of this with our nuts intact.

LusHes, I'm curious as to how old you are because you said,
I have never seen a prime minister we have had in Canada, that I was proud to say he was the leader of my country!

I was proud of Chretien over his stand on gay marriage and his siding with the developing nations in Cancun. I was proud iof Trudeau when he stood up to various US presidents, provincial premiers, and international leaders. I was proud of Joe Clark because he stood up for his principles even though it cost him his Prime Ministership and his party leadership. I have not had a single PM that I was proud of though...just a few select acts of three men. I was mortified by far more of their acts than I was ever proud of.

I never got to vote against Trudeau or Clark, but I remember them well, including Trudeaumania and the FLQ crisis. I did get to vote against Mulroney, Kim Campbell, and Chretien though.

LuShes

Electoral Member
Mar 25, 2002
Kamloops, B.C.
www.canadiancontent.net
Reverend Blair:

No I am not that old to have seen many prime ministers come through here. I am 25. The youngest I was and to be aware what prime minister was, we had Trudeau and Bryan Mulroney just coming into office (which my mother always reffered to as 'Phoney Bologna'). Now you don't neccisarily have to be alive to feel proud of what someone has done for a country. I am sure many americans were and are still are proud of Washington and Lincoln for what they have done for the country. Even their speeches still live on today! But for some reason I don't see Clinton's or Bush's speeches living on long after they are dead for the history books.

And thru the history books of Canada...and even thru school, the only prime minister we really have seemed to have appreciated was our first, John A. Mc Donald. I am so thankful Cretchian is out the door, since for all of my adult life he has been in office, and hasn't impressed me to say the least.

Martin, when I heard about him coming into office, I was like great, a change! Maybe a politician to stand up, make us proud, and listen to what we really want. Ohh but what do I hear once he sets foot in office, that huge scandal! I have never been much into polictics (which of course isn't my strong point), but now that I am a young woman. I want to see whats good for me and my country now. Not 6-8 Ministers later while I am on my death bed we finally get one in to knock my socks off.

Oh frig just get a woman into office, we'll show them a thing or two! ;)

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
LuShes said:
Oh frig just get a woman into office, we'll show them a thing or two! ;)

Sure, We will get a woman Prime Minister and we have to pay so much more taxes for the extra department stores.

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
So, moghrabi--glad you are back in your original incarnation--what is wrong with more department stores? I need EEE width shoes. Only with the proliferation of purveyors will I get offered what I need. Incidentally, the average Chinese male has wider feet than the typical Western male. Chinese "medium" is wider than Western "regular." And, Chinese "wide" fits me fine. Personally, I like the idea of Chinese imperialism, if it means I can have happy feet, at a reasonable price!!