Bush Bullying

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
In fact the Russians even had spies in our country. But that’s nothing to be concerned about, were practically Red here anyways. :)

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
In fact the Russians even had spies in our country. But that’s nothing to be concerned about, were practically Red here anyways. :)

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Re: RE: Bush Bullying

Jay said:
Canada has been riding on the coat tails of American defense policies for years, and we owe them allot for it.
Are we grateful, I doubt it?

I really think it's the other way around. America has been happy to keep us subserviant militarily so they don't have to worry about a threat from the North. I think they owe us for playing ball.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario

Jay said:
Canada has been riding on the coat tails of American defense policies for years, and we owe them allot for it.

I really think it's the other way around. America has been happy to keep us subserviant militarily so they don't have to worry about a threat from the North. I think they owe us for playing ball.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario

Jay said:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Just the Facts said:

So they KEPT us that way?....Explain.

There is a huge threat from the north. It's called Russia.

I take it your simply ungrateful, like most Canadians.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Just the Facts said:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Just the Facts said:

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC

Jay said:
In fact the Russians even had spies in our country. But that?s nothing to be concerned about, were practically Red here anyways. :)

So did the Americans, the British and just about every other country that ran/runs spies.

Sorry Jay, but I don't fear the Russians. They have enough problems of their own. I fear the Americans with their gunboat diplomacy and manifest destiny. The present administration has gone right off the rails. They are out to dominate the world.

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC

Jay said:
In fact the Russians even had spies in our country. But that?s nothing to be concerned about, were practically Red here anyways. :)

So did the Americans, the British and just about every other country that ran/runs spies.

Sorry Jay, but I don't fear the Russians. They have enough problems of their own. I fear the Americans with their gunboat diplomacy and manifest destiny. The present administration has gone right off the rails. They are out to dominate the world.

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC

Jay said:

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Why would we fear the Russians, Jay? They are trade partners, have a vast northern area, share many of our issues regarding native peoples, have signed onto international agreements like Kyoto, and so on.

They have not shown any aggressive tendencies towards Canada since the Cold War and even then we were trading with them and their real problem was with the US.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Why would we fear the Russians, Jay? They are trade partners, have a vast northern area, share many of our issues regarding native peoples, have signed onto international agreements like Kyoto, and so on.

They have not shown any aggressive tendencies towards Canada since the Cold War and even then we were trading with them and their real problem was with the US.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC

Jay said:
Perhaps your fears are unfounded.

That site you posted does nothing to assuage my fears. Note also: a close friend was a in the Canadian forces and was assigned to those BOMARC missiles. He swears that they had fake warheads. He never saw an atomic weapon in the Canadian arsenal. If Canada did take delivery of atomic weapons, they were very well hidden; even hidden from the guys who were assigned to use them. Frankly, I don't believe that Canada ever had them.

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC

Jay said:

That site you posted does nothing to assuage my fears. Note also: a close friend was a in the Canadian forces and was assigned to those BOMARC missiles. He swears that they had fake warheads. He never saw an atomic weapon in the Canadian arsenal. If Canada did take delivery of atomic weapons, they were very well hidden; even hidden from the guys who were assigned to use them. Frankly, I don't believe that Canada ever had them.

Mooseskin Johnny

Electoral Member
Dec 23, 2004
BC

Jay said:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Reverend Blair said:

I can appreciate your point of view here Blair. My point is simply that we do have enemies, and I kinda believe if you have nukes pointed at us you’re an enemy. (I live in one of those cities mentioned in the article I posted, kinda hits home, pun intended)

I know relations between Russia and the west are far better then they have been in many, many years, and that is good news, but it sure doesn't mean we should not fear them.
Look at their government and who runs it (KGB) and how big the communists are in Russia. I wouldn't go wiping the slate clean on them just yet. Also I wouldn't dream of saying their problem was only with the US. That would be minimizing the complete threat they posed for all those years to the western world and its ideology.

Certainly they are to be feared far, far more than the Americans.

I don't think the US has missiles pointed at Canada, and the threat they pose is them falling over and crushing us. Pray it doesn't happen.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Reverend Blair said:

I can appreciate your point of view here Blair. My point is simply that we do have enemies, and I kinda believe if you have nukes pointed at us you’re an enemy. (I live in one of those cities mentioned in the article I posted, kinda hits home, pun intended)

I know relations between Russia and the west are far better then they have been in many, many years, and that is good news, but it sure doesn't mean we should not fear them.
Look at their government and who runs it (KGB) and how big the communists are in Russia. I wouldn't go wiping the slate clean on them just yet. Also I wouldn't dream of saying their problem was only with the US. That would be minimizing the complete threat they posed for all those years to the western world and its ideology.

I don't think the US has missiles pointed at Canada, and the threat they pose is them falling over and crushing us. Pray it doesn't happen.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Reverend Blair said: