Bummer that you must ignore your father while.........

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
I am a retired soldier. In 1998, I buried two of my soldiers on the same weekend because of separate suicides. Along with being a retired soldier I am very good friends with one of Canada's most knowledgeable historians on World War One and I have read about thirty books on the subject. In addition to having read that many books on the Great War, I have also read a dozen or so books on World War Two, a few on Korea, a number of books on the both Gulf Wars and three on Afghanistan.

In addition to this post career reading I also trained a number of soldiers who were deployed to Afghanistan. And I also have a son and a nephew who have served in both the war in Afghanistan and the war that Justin Trudeau doesn't like talking about; Iraq.

With that in mind, I will point out that Post Traumatic Disorder was not identified until the early part of the 21st century, but it has been around an awful long time. In fact, I would hazard a guess that as long as man has perpetrated horrific acts upon one another, PTSD has existed. Basically, thousands of years.

I would like to know a few things about yourself and your father the sergeant. First of all, where did he serve? Secondly, did he give you this notion that Canadian soldiers are being taught to whine about PTSD? Or, as I suspect, is that your ignorance of the facts? I have met a few of those men's men who gripe about soldiers who come forward after seeing battle circumstances. My nephew has PTSD, he was in some of the bloodiest fighting in the Afghan war. He saw his friend vaporized by an IED and had to pick up what was left to take back to KAF. He then went out on a mission and took out the IED team.

Do you know how many Canadian soldiers were executed by the British military for what they called cowardice in the Great War? Now, in retrospect, we know that these men were not cowards, but permanently broken by the horror of war. Do you know how many of those 'men's men' went home after world war one, two, Korea, and suffered in silence, because that was what was expected of them? Do you have any idea how many became alcoholics, abusers, even killers? I bet you don't, because they were told to go home and carry on like nothing happened, but many of them suffered in silence and some simply took their lives or migrated to the Legion only to be regarded as drunkard vets living in the past.

I find your comments to be quite ignorant of the facts and I bet if your Sergeant Father were alive today, as I presume he is gone, he would probably be disappointed by such a short sighted uneducated comment. If you think I am being unkind, consider the alternative. I could be agreeing with you that your pop was a 'man's man' who did what had to be done and held those who complained after the war were weak or cowardly in contempt, but that would make him a sociopath or a bullsh*tter.

Have you ever served? Ever met the eyes of the children of one of your soldiers who didn't bother to whine, but took option two; which just happened to be the quickest. I find it rather disheartening when I hear civilians talking about the weakness of today's military. Most of these civilian complainers couldn't walk a mile in the shoes of a short order cook, never mind a combat veteran.

You should think before you say things, it does your father the veteran a great dishonor by slandering his brothers and sisters in arms.

You are the bullshytter, using your service and phony mental illness to make money by writing. Yes i served, PATS, went to Cyprus and learned what my father had told me about war which was quite different from what the other kids said. Unlike you i will not brag nor disrespect your father.
Nice try hero, if your books were any good you would not be whor%ng them on an internet forum.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
You are the bullshytter, using your service and phony mental illness to make money by writing. Yes i served, PATS, went to Cyprus and learned what my father had told me about war which was quite different from what the other kids said. Unlike you i will not brag nor disrespect your father.
Nice try hero, if your books were any good you would not be whor%ng them on an internet forum.
Well from the outside looking in, looks to me like you took a rumor and took it as fact without doing any research as most dumbazzes will predictably do.:).

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Well from the outside looking in, looks to me like you took a rumor and took it as fact without doing any research as most dumbazzes will predictably do.:).

So some other guy says, no it was me that did that not my buddy Pierre who i was with. How does that invalidate what i said. Trudeau also was conscripted and served so badly even on the homefront that they booted his azz out. The liberals and BS artists hate it when you prove the past.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
He did WHAT? Pierre Elliot Trudeau definitely lost my vote. If he can't even be respectful for World War 11 in the future then I'll never vote for him in the past.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Wow, the IBS must really be kicking up.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

You considered Cyprus a war huh?

I don't have PTSD and none of my books have anything to do with the military. Again, you out yourself with your own words as being extremely ignorant on the subject. I am not disrespecting your father, you are; by espousing his opinion in his absence. I don't suppose you'd care to share what rotation you were on in Cyprus? Are you an angry peacekeeper who was famous for Sh*treps in no mans land.

Oh come on, you know you want to read them.:p

He did WHAT? Pierre Elliot Trudeau definitely lost my vote. If he can't even be respectful for World War 11 in the future then I'll never vote for him in the past.

World War Eleven? Have I been asleep that long?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

I didn't realize you were old enough to vote for P.E.T. :)

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I didn't realize you were old enough to vote for P.E.T. :)

I am old enough to vote but since Pierre Trudeau will was be disrespectful during the Eleventh World War, I will never voted for him.

I may voted for John A in the future. What was his stance on WW111?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
My evaluation of PTSD, is they will increase relatively to the high standards of life we enjoy. Someone exposed to very harsh life from a very young age will have grown "acclamatized" and will have less chances of developing PTSD comparatively to someone who will have enjoyed a very peaceful and stress free environment while growing up.

Coping is not unlike a muscle, it can always snap, but it also can grow very strong, with years of strain.

It was called shell shocked in WWI and WW2 nothing will acclimatize anyone to that.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I am old enough to vote but since Pierre Trudeau will was be disrespectful during the Eleventh World War, I will never voted for him.

I may voted for John A in the future. What was his stance on WW111?

Sh!t Imust have gotten the mushroom tea by accident because somehow that made perfect sense.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Was he mustard gased by chance? i have oftened wondered at your peculiarities.

From Canadian Urban Legends » J.J.'s Complete Guide to Canada

"According to biographers Max Nemni and Monique Nemni, authors of Young Trudeau: 1919-1944: Son of Quebec, Father of Canada, the motorcycle/helmet story “has as many variants as there are storytellers, each embroidering freely on the known facts.” Credible sources do seem to agree, however, that young Pierre and his friend Roger Rolland (1921-2011) played a prank in 1942 that involved dressing up in European military uniforms and riding around on their motorbikes.

The Nemnis quote Rolland’s memory of the prank, in which he recounts that it was he, not Trudeau who wore the German army helmet (from the First World War, incidentally). Rolland similarly claims, in the Nemnis’ words, that the point of the prank was simply to surprise some friends with “outlandish disguises,” — “not to convey some political message.” The Nemnis themselves seem skeptical, and question ”how two educated young men in their early twenties, in the midst of a world war, could find such a prank appropriate.”

I will read that, that guy is built, nuts and bolts skin and bone, his dad was a baby eater,