Britney has 'multiple personality disorder' - and thinks she's British

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
I think she needs help to get away from all the bull**** people in her life at the moment. I suspect that if she had someone who got her off the drugs, eating right, and out of the limelight, she could rebuild her music career, get her kids back and learn to separate her celebrity and her private life.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Ignore them, but not for their sake - do it for yourself.

Pangloss

Ignore them out of a sense of social decency. Buying the rags that publish this sort of stuff is the social equivalent of peeking under bathroom stall doors IMO.

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
karrie:

Given the truth that the celebrities work very hard to get themselves into those very magazines, how is it an invasion of privacy (assuming that's what your "under the bathroom stall" comment meant)?

Again, I'm not saying we should give them any attention, I'm saying this is a game they play to their advantage most of the time: if they are so stupid, weak, or self-indulgent that they make a mess of their lives, and they do it in front of the cameras, how are we at fault, even in the slightest way?

Pangloss

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
karrie:

Given the truth that the celebrities work very hard to get themselves into those very magazines, how is it an invasion of privacy (assuming that's what your "under the bathroom stall" comment meant)?

Again, I'm not saying we should give them any attention, I'm saying this is a game they play to their advantage most of the time: if they are so stupid, weak, or self-indulgent that they make a mess of their lives, and they do it in front of the cameras, how are we at fault, even in the slightest way?

Pangloss

No. Not all of their lives is lived in front of a camera. Or at least, not all of what we're told is. And not all of what we're shown was intended to be lived in front of one either. The paparazzi are not a kind bunch. You can't tell me that all photos of these people were ones they wanted taken. That's just bull.

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
No, karrie - I'm saying it is a symbiotic relationship, they feed off of each other. And if it is such a hostile relationship, why is Spears trying to marry a member of the paparazzi (this from the article at the start of this thread)?

Even now, Spears' publicist telephones the press to tell then the where/when of Spears' comings and goings. Whose fault is it that Spears is occasionally bitten by the monster she feeds and nurtures (all that attention)? What else does she expect?

Spears and her kind made a career and lifestyle choice to be celebrities, to get all the attention they can. This really is a "reap what you sow" kind of situation.

Pangloss

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Talloola:

Woah, there. Spears belongs to a group who make their living by staying in the public eye - this is why the publicist is the best paid and hardest working member of her staff. The entire job of the publicist, in between album releases, is to keep Spears (or Lohan or Hilton or whomever) on the cover of magazines, at movie premiers, getting her picture in as many papers, websites and mags as possible.

Even now, Spears' publicist telephones the photographers before she leaves the house. So, exactly how are we being unfair to her?

If she works so hard to put herself in the public eye, she makes herself utterly fair game when she turns her own life into a train wreck.

Ignore them, but not for their sake - do it for yourself.

Pangloss

I don't believe for one minute that her publicist is putting her image up front for everyone to see, (at this point in her life), there is nothing there for her to gain,
she would be giving herself to the public in the worst possible image she could have,
and I'm sure it is the other way around at this time.

I believe what you say in regards to her image re: her career, singing, and popularity,
when she is doing well.

There will be reporters/camera people hanging out of trees, and doing whatever they
can, in a sickening way, to get the worst possible picture of her they can.

She is not doing well at the moment, she needs family support, medical help and
everyone to support her and help her, not take advantage of someone who is
obviously not functioning normally right now. I'm sure there are also leeches hanging
around her, to grab as much of her money as they can as well.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
I don't believe for one minute that her publicist is putting her image up front for everyone to see, (at this point in her life), there is nothing there for her to gain,
she would be giving herself to the public in the worst possible image she could have,
and I'm sure it is the other way around at this time.

I believe what you say in regards to her image re: her career, singing, and popularity,
when she is doing well.

There will be reporters/camera people hanging out of trees, and doing whatever they
can, in a sickening way, to get the worst possible picture of her they can.

She is not doing well at the moment, she needs family support, medical help and
everyone to support her and help her, not take advantage of someone who is
obviously not functioning normally right now. I'm sure there are also leeches hanging
around her, to grab as much of her money as they can as well.

She's not cutting records or making public appearances. An image cools fast if it's out of the limelight. Any kind of attention is better than none at all.

Woof!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
She's not cutting records or making public appearances. An image cools fast if it's out of the limelight. Any kind of attention is better than none at all.

Woof!

That is very pitiful, but maybe true. She is a very talented individual, if she disappeared for awhile, then came back, better than ever, that would also work for her.

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Talloola:

I wish I had a heart as generous and kind as yours. I've worked too long in newsrooms to not know how cravenly these celebrities chase attention.

Do not underestimate both their vanity and their need for attention, and approval. Actually, as long as people are looking at them, they think they have approval.

It is a truly warped world they live in.

Pangloss

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
We have no business making decisions on, how she should or should not be treated by
anyone, it is not our business.

People who don't want their personal life invaded, do not become celebrities. And lack of privacy is part of the deal when you become famous. These are the rules of the game.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
No, karrie - I'm saying it is a symbiotic relationship, they feed off of each other. And if it is such a hostile relationship, why is Spears trying to marry a member of the paparazzi (this from the article at the start of this thread)?
Even now, Spears' publicist telephones the press to tell then the where/when of Spears' comings and goings. Whose fault is it that Spears is occasionally bitten by the monster she feeds and nurtures (all that attention)? What else does she expect?
Spears and her kind made a career and lifestyle choice to be celebrities, to get all the attention they can. This really is a "reap what you sow" kind of situation.
Pangloss

It's something like a vicious circle: you want to get famous - you get some fame-your pictures are taken-people want to see more-you want more fame-more pictures are taken, etc. And the first step is taken by the person who wants to be famous. I mean, I don't want to be a star, and so I don't have paparazzi chasing me. And I don't think they ever will. because I don't do a single thing to put myself in the public eye. Besides, this kind of race for fame and notoriety, keeping yourself in the limelight at whatever the cost has another consequence. Let me explain: I am not a fan of Brittney Spears, and I've never been. I couldn't care less about her. But I simply can't get away from news about Brittney - every music channel, every woman's magazine, every Internet site features her latest antics. So I am forced to see and to hear whether she wears underpants or not, who she sleeps with, etc. I am in a way "forced" to make an opinion about a person I don't care about. About a person that has made a mess of her life, though she had all the chances, opportunities and all the money she needed to become a happy and successful person. Why should I read about this person, and be supposed to sympathize with her, while there are other people, whose lives are much harder? Other people, who have worked hard all their lives, who did their best to overcome their problems and hardships. There are other people, who struggle just as hard as Brittney does to get back on track, with the one exception of her money and opportunities. You won't hear much about them in the media. And don't you all think that they need a lot more support and help than a spoiled rich girl, who came to this hard point in life just because she did nothing but chase pleasure?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I understand all the points being made, but no one is mentioning the talent they had to begin with, that drew attention to them. everyone telling them how good they are, and
how they should sing/act more, so that others can appreciate them.

Some of these people got notice when they were little children, as they had a natural
talent that stood out and was noticed, and immediately created that attention toward them.

I'm glad I have 'no' talent at all, except, 'sewing', which I enjoy for myself, and hardly
anyone with the exception of my family notices, and I like it that way.
Haven't notice any seamstresses in the headlines lately, doing overdoses, etc.

I suppose the lavish attention that is given to them, finally is like a drug, and they can't
seem to get through a day without it, and if it doesn't come on some days, they lose their
confidence, think they are being forgotton.

I have heard this stated many times about actors, as all they do is crave attention, they have no self esteem, are always afraid it will end, and will do almost anything for the limelight.

Many famous people started from poor beginnings, so they are not all little rich girls/boys.

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
This woman could be on the threshold of a disaster, and here we are, along with the media, making fun, and deciding if she should have her kids or not. We get all of our
information concerning this from rags and tv media, larry king, and others who want to make
a ton of money at her expense, and of course, we get sucked in, and follow right along.
There are many in this world with emotional problems, and she is just one of those, who
needs medical help, family help, and to be let alone by the public and media.

We have no business making decisions on, how she should or should not be treated by
anyone, it is not our business.

I respect this post. It is from someone who has a heart, a head and some common sense. Rosie O'Donnell said she would like to take Britney in and help her straighten up. I sort of feel the same way. I am old enough to be her mother, but you can't guide or help someone who is crazed by all the media attention unless she can be isolated from it. She is pulled in all directions at once. I feel sorry for her. I care, but I feel helpless.

Uncle

jenn

Electoral Member
Jan 13, 2008
[COLOR=red said:
unclepercy[/color];920946]I respect this post. It is from someone who has a heart, a head and some common sense. Rosie O'Donnell said she would like to take Britney in and help her straighten up. I sort of feel the same way. I am old enough to be her mother, but you can't guide or help someone who is crazed by all the media attention unless she can be isolated from it. She is pulled in all directions at once. I feel sorry for her. I care, but I feel helpless.

Uncle

Gender Crisis???

Pangloss

Council Member
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
These are choices. All of us came from somewhere, some of us from pretty amazing placces, and some of us had horrible childhoods.

We all had to start making choices for ourselves as we got older. "My parents were mean to me" just doesn't cut it as an excuse by the time we are adults. Spears has every advantage she could possibly get in our society, including the luxury of thinking she doesn't have to grow up.

Well, she's apparently growing up now.

Please do not expect me to have sympathy for her when there are billions more deserving of my concern.

Yes talloola, she's got talent. So? What does that have to do with excusing her rampant narcissism? Treating her kids like easily replaces possessions? Being a (quoting Mojo Nixon here) "drunk divorced floozie"?

In what way ought we to pity her? I tell you now, if she traded places with you, and you offered to take all her troubles on, and she could live a modest, private life, she'd be suing to get back home in a New York minute. She is all of her possessions; she is her money, she is the creature in the limelight.

Pangloss

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
These are choices. All of us came from somewhere, some of us from pretty amazing placces, and some of us had horrible childhoods.

We all had to start making choices for ourselves as we got older. "My parents were mean to me" just doesn't cut it as an excuse by the time we are adults. Spears has every advantage she could possibly get in our society, including the luxury of thinking she doesn't have to grow up.

Well, she's apparently growing up now.

Please do not expect me to have sympathy for her when there are billions more deserving of my concern.

Yes talloola, she's got talent. So? What does that have to do with excusing her rampant narcissism? Treating her kids like easily replaces possessions? Being a (quoting Mojo Nixon here) "drunk divorced floozie"?

In what way ought we to pity her? I tell you now, if she traded places with you, and you offered to take all her troubles on, and she could live a modest, private life, she'd be suing to get back home in a New York minute. She is all of her possessions; she is her money, she is the creature in the limelight.

Pangloss

I'm not pitying her, or giving her excuses for bad behavior. But I feel sad that 'we' seem
to 'almost' enjoy the disaster of others lives, as it gives us reasons to criticize, as though we have the 'right'.

I didn't have a very good childhood either, so what. Many of us have ugly childhood stories to tell, I don't think anyones really interested. At some point in our growing up process, we have to make decisions, and that is where the crossroad of life really is, as many ride the wave of self pity and blame to their parents, and the rest of us figure it out, and take responsibility for ourselves, and 'live'.
The problems and mistakes our parents made are about 'them', and not 'us', we are just the recipients, until we decide we 'aren't', any longer.

I will keep on changing channels, or turning the page, as I refuse to take any satisfaction from knowing about her life.

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
I think Britney got a load of bad drugs one time and it fried her brain. I don't think she can ever be restored to what most of us view as a person who acts rationally. What I'm surprised at is how long it has taken the Courts officials to recognize all of this nonsense as "Unacceptable behavior?" I truly hope she is held accountable for her actions and then treated like any other out of control person in the community. Being truly ignored by the media and the public would quickly put an end to this charrade.

jenn

Electoral Member
Jan 13, 2008
ok:) was just wondering... I had a Uncle Percy too... but long gone...

normbc9

Electoral Member
Nov 23, 2006
California
Britney has earned a reutation which will be hard to live down. I just returned from a trip south to Los Angeles and I did see a newspaper rack headline in sonme local rag and it said "Our new affluent white trash class?" Under it was a color shot of Britney climbing in a black SUV. Now I'll bet her publicist has a lot to work on.