Brian Burke

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
If you look at Phil, Henry and Danny over their first 300 NHL games, Kessel is the better player. If you expand that and look at their playoff production, there really is no contest as Kessel out-performed both when it matters. Point production aside, he is a much more complete player than either of the Sedins

we'll have to agree to disagree, point production can't be put aside.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
point production can't be put aside.

And this is where I think you are mistaken, just ask Mike Gartner. The Sedins, unless they play another 10 years and have phenomenal decades will never be Hall of Fame material, unless somehow Vancouver can actually find a way to win in the post season, with them being big factors. Kessel has the opportunity to develop into an HoF player, in the right circumstance, and has shown that potential at an earlier age than the Sedins. He may not do it unless he can find a centre to play with (he looked good with Savard in Boston but in Toronto he's got no one and may not have anyone for a while) and there are other things that could come into play but the possibility exists.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
And this is where I think you are mistaken, just ask Mike Gartner. The Sedins, unless they play another 10 years and have phenomenal decades will never be Hall of Fame material, unless somehow Vancouver can actually find a way to win in the post season, with them being big factors. Kessel has the opportunity to develop into an HoF player, in the right circumstance, and has shown that potential at an earlier age than the Sedins. He may not do it unless he can find a centre to play with (he looked good with Savard in Boston but in Toronto he's got no one and may not have anyone for a while) and there are other things that could come into play but the possibility exists.

yeah, without savard he took a dive, no different than many players over the years, who did
so well with certain teamates, but needed them to make a difference.

henrk's strength last year for the choice of the art ross, was his ability to produce
without his brother for a long time, while danny was injured.
we all wondered how that would play out, and it was a pleasant surprise, not only to all of us
but probably to him as well, as he changed his game from the set up guy, to the scorer, and
set up guy for others.

the hall of fame is a bit of a joke anyway, lots of players there who shouldn't be,
and lots who should be, who aren't, I don't take it that serious, and as long as we
remember those who were deserving and aren't there, it really doesn't matter, I don't
guage much from those choices, far too mixed up and confusing, depends who's choosing at
particular times as well.
If one player doesn't get 50% of the vote on the first vote he is thrown out, then they
continue on with remainder of choices.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I had a feeling Burke and Wilson wouldn't work out... because they are both Americans (okay, officially with 'dual' citizenship).. but any Canadian who takes out American citizenship is really an American.. and will be cheering the U.S. team when the two meet (and in this case managing and coaching them as well). The next management team the Leafs take, should be all Canadian. Somehow its just how these things work out.

It's time we banned dual citizenship, anyway. No divided loyalties allowed.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
we'll have to agree to disagree, point production can't be put aside.

It's in the supporters of the Sedin sisters benefit to put point production aside since it has been shown that Kessel has 40 -50 more points in his first 300 games than either of the twins. He is a better player without considering point production....take points into account and there really is no argument to be made for either over Kessel.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
It's in the supporters of the Sedin sisters benefit to put point production aside since it has been shown that Kessel has 40 -50 more points in his first 300 games than either of the twins. He is a better player without considering point production....take points into account and there really is no argument to be made for either over Kessel.

agree to disagree - again, want the last word ?- go for it

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Wanting the last word would mean wanting the thread to end. I don't want that. If you aren't interested in discussion, go to another thread.

my discussions will continue with whom I want, nothing to do with your suggestions, there are many
good fans here to chat with about canucks or any other team, we wish to discuss.
when you are gone from this thread it will continue on for the duration of the hockey season, just as
it has come this far without you.

you are not particularly knowledgeable at all, just bossy.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Brian Burke eh?

Where to begin...not sure.

I think I'll keep it short.

BB has made the same errors this crap organization has made for decades.

Everything that MSLE touches turns to bantha fodder.

The end.