Brazilian Owned Burger King Looks To Buy Tim Hortons

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Same in Toronto. Still one in Missisaga I am told.

Same thing happened in Vancouver if I remember right. I think we still have a few Krispy Kremes around here but I've never had one. Everyone was like "oh no look out Tim Hortons" and then nothing happened. I think it's because no one really cares about donuts.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Same thing happened in Vancouver if I remember right. I think we still have a few Krispy Kremes around here but I've never had one. Everyone was like "oh no look out Tim Hortons" and then nothing happened. I think it's because no one really cares about donuts.

They were also incredibly bad for you. Tim's survives on coffee sales not the dougnuts.

BruSan

Electoral Member
Jul 5, 2011
Tim Horton's is a second rate donut shop.. until you have had a Krispy Kreme, you haven't lived yet. :lol:

Made fresh in the store, warm and melts in your mouth.

with a huge selection..

...or the alternative, Timmies will ship there day old crap and you will buy it..
If you enjoy eating raw uncooked dough, go for a Krispy Kreme! Eating an actual doughnut that has been cooked throughout ~ Timmy or Dunk'n are much better.

I don't like to eat any pastry that requires my stomach to complete the baking process as with anything from Krispy Kreme.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
They were also incredibly bad for you. Tim's survives on coffee sales not the dougnuts.

Krispy Kreme was a novelty for those donuts right out of that donut thingy. But D&Ds buried them eventually. The coffee sales just did not catch on.

Down in the Southern states... Krispy Kreme is alive and well.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Interesting the second lowest tax rate and this is going to make more jobs ya right.
We ended up with fast food joints bringing in foreign workers and cutting Canadian
jobs in addition they take advantage of not paying their fair share of the countries
services I don't have an issue with who owns what but collectively they're not paying
and the middle class and working stiff is paying the shot.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
And they said assisted suicide was only legal in Quebec.

Just eat at a fast food joint every meal.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Tim Horton's is a second rate donut shop.. until you have had a Krispy Kreme, you haven't lived yet. :lol:

Made fresh in the store, warm and melts in your mouth.

with a huge selection..

...or the alternative, Timmies will ship there day old crap and you will buy it..

(donuts) lol Krispy Kreme, those things will kill you

when they first came to my city they needed a cop to direct traffic by the store...they were that busy....

then, the novelty wore off and they closed

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
(donuts) lol Krispy Kreme, those things will kill you

when they first came to my city they needed a cop to direct traffic by the store...they were that busy....

then, the novelty wore off and they closed

Never seen one before, is it a western American thing?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
This Burger King?

Burger King, often abbreviated as BK, is a global chain of hamburger fast food restaurants headquartered in unincorporated Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States. The company began in 1953 as Insta-Burger King, a Jacksonville, Florida-based restaurant chain. After Insta-Burger King ran into financial difficulties in 1954, its two Miami-based franchisees, David Edgerton and James McLamore, purchased the company and renamed it Burger King. Over the next half century, the company would change hands four times, with its third set of owners, a partnership of TPG Capital, Bain Capital, and Goldman Sachs Capital Partners, taking it public in 2002. In late 2010, 3G Capital of Brazil acquired a majority stake in BK in a deal valued at US$3.26 billion. The new owners promptly initiated a restructuring of the company to reverse its fortunes. 3G, along with partner Berkshire Hathaway, eventually merged the company with Canadian-based donut chain Tim Hortons.
At the end of fiscal year 2013, Burger King reported it had over 13,000 outlets in 79 countries; of these, 66 percent are in the United States and 99 percent are privately owned and operated with its new owners moving to an entirely franchised model in 2013. BK has historically used several variations of franchising to expand its operations. The manner in which the company licenses its franchisees varies depending on the region, with some regional franchises, known as master franchises, responsible for selling franchise sub-licenses on the company's behalf. Burger King's relationship with its franchises has not always been harmonious. Occasional spats between the two have caused numerous issues, and in several instances the company's and its licensees' relations have degenerated into precedent-setting court cases.
Burger King - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
This Burger King?

Burger King, often abbreviated as BK, is a global chain of hamburger fast food restaurants headquartered in unincorporated Miami-Dade County, Florida, United States. The company began in 1953 as Insta-Burger King, a Jacksonville, Florida-based restaurant chain. After Insta-Burger King ran into financial difficulties in 1954, its two Miami-based franchisees, David Edgerton and James McLamore, purchased the company and renamed it Burger King. Over the next half century, the company would change hands four times, with its third set of owners, a partnership of TPG Capital, Bain Capital, and Goldman Sachs Capital Partners, taking it public in 2002. In late 2010, 3G Capital of Brazil acquired a majority stake in BK in a deal valued at US$3.26 billion. The new owners promptly initiated a restructuring of the company to reverse its fortunes. 3G, along with partner Berkshire Hathaway, eventually merged the company with Canadian-based donut chain Tim Hortons.
At the end of fiscal year 2013, Burger King reported it had over 13,000 outlets in 79 countries; of these, 66 percent are in the United States and 99 percent are privately owned and operated with its new owners moving to an entirely franchised model in 2013. BK has historically used several variations of franchising to expand its operations. The manner in which the company licenses its franchisees varies depending on the region, with some regional franchises, known as master franchises, responsible for selling franchise sub-licenses on the company's behalf. Burger King's relationship with its franchises has not always been harmonious. Occasional spats between the two have caused numerous issues, and in several instances the company's and its licensees' relations have degenerated into precedent-setting court cases.
Burger King - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, the other Burger King. :roll:

what a dumba$$

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Never seen one before, is it a western American thing?
probably...don't know...I live in Southern Ontario and I believe it might have only lasted a year or so in my city...if I wanted one I would need to drive to Toronto closest is probably Mississauga

people around here are big Tims people and not really for the donuts it's more for the gathering...people meet before work and grab a coffee and a gab and then grab a coffee to go...most Tims around here are crowded all day from 5 AM onward slow around dinner...pick up again around 7. I have a Keurig so it's not really my thing.

there's a Tims practically on every third block...in order to have a Tims open near another the first has to do 1.5 mill I think...they are actually all franchised and hard to get your hands on